How does Khabibs wrestling compare to Chad Mendes?

Mendes would beat Khabib in wrestling. They don't wrestle in Russia. What you think is wrestling is judo and sambo.
What are you talking about? Freestyle wrestling is huge in Russia. Khabib started off in freestyle wrestling before he moved to judo and sambo.

Not saying that he'd win but what you're saying is just not true at all.

Khabib knows what he is, he grinds, Chad gets lost by trying to do standup

That is not the same as a wrestling match

It's different skills. Do you think they're having wrestling matches on their wrestling only days? No they're training wrestling for MMA. Because training wrestling for wrestling would be a waste of their time since none of them compete in it.

It's a different sport and one where Chad was the runner up in America and one that Khabib trained in, but not nearly as much because he was focused on other martial arts, namely combat sambo
I vividly remember AKA members talking about having wrestling matches worth each other but whatever. I don't care enough to research or argue about it. So, maybe you're right.

What are you talking about? Freestyle wrestling is huge in Russia. Khabib started off in freestyle wrestling before he moved to judo and sambo.

Not saying that he'd win but what you're saying is just not true at all.
I didn't know that. I grew up with a bunch of Russian Jews and in high school they did judo. The wrestling coach tried to recruit them but they weren't budging. To my eyes, they almost looked down on wrestling.

I didn't know that. I grew up with a bunch of Russian Jews and in high school they did judo. The wrestling coach tried to recruit them but they weren't budging. To my eyes, they almost looked down on wrestling.
Your friends are in the minority. Especially for the caucuses. Freestyle is huge in most parts of Russia. Most guys that go into sambo did some kind of wrestling as a kid. Judo too but to a lesser extent from what I can tell.

Just a shot in the dark but I started off with BJJ and Judo before I wrestled. The transition was weird to say the least. Maybe that's why they turned the coach down. idk. A lot of traditional martial artists tend to dislike wrestling in my experience.

Khabib talks a lot about wrestling in Dagestan in particular. It's a big thing.

Chad has a better double leg

Khabib has more diverse takedowns and way better ground game. If Conor gives up mount as easy as he did against Chad, he is in big trouble Mike

The other thing to remember Joe is that Chad had basically zero time to get ready or he would have won that fight.

Chad probably has a quicker shot and better traditional wrestling in general, but Khabib has crazy core strength and ability to get takedowns from more ways. As far as comparing them for a Conor match up specifically, it's kind of pointless, because both of them would take (Chad did) Conor down fairly easily (~30-50% success) and control Conor from top position. Chad didn't get to train for Conor, so even being conservative I think Chad with cardio would do what he did in Rd. 1 and parts of Rd. 2 to Conor for at least 4 rounds. Khabib would likely be more aggressive, so he might expend a lot more energy, he'd probably have a much tougher time getting Conor down early in the fight. But it's not like Conor has great cardio or anything, so either of them would out work Conor most likely as far as grappling goes.

Mendes has way better timing for his shot. That's why GSPs MMA wrestling is so good, he times people coming in then shoots. Khabib just relies on his chin and the cage to close the distance, then once he has a grip he usually gets the takedown.

Watch his fight against Mcgregor and his timing is awesome

chads wrestling is better khabibs grappling is better

Khabib is way better in MMA, I think that much is obvious.

Chad was 2 times All American, but ever since he had started striking seriosuly, how many people he took down?

Mostly Conor

Happens a lot, in MMA, accomplished wrestlers fail to be that efficient at grounding people in the cage/ring, while never0wrestler like GSP does the GSP.

Khabibs would be wayyy better
Groomed in freestyle wrestling,sambo and judo from he could walk hes simply got a better arsenal
That said in the context of mcgregor vs khabib : conor was injured vs mendes and has had years to improve his grappling (plus dillon dannis is there now) its hard to know what to think

there is a difference between wrestling and grappling Mendes maybe more explosive with his takedowns but his grappling is pretty basic once he gets you down it's not like he's torturing guys on the ground with heavy grappling. While Khabib is a guy who tortures his opponents on the ground once he gets them there.. I'd say Mendes is more explosive quicker with his takedowns but less effective once he gets you to the ground. While khabib is a slower more tractor like grappler slower but heavier and more grueling to deal with. Also once you're on the ground it's a war of attrition and Khabib is the best at that war.

Mendes is a better wrestler. Khabib is more dangerous and better control on top.

I think Mendez would have a great shot at beating Khabib. I don't think Conor does

Chad is better at wrestling perhaps in a wrestling match. Khabib's is much more suited for cage fighting. I would argue in mma Khabib is a much better wrestler than Chad.

Also, in what way do you think Chad beats Khabib? He's much smaller and will get out grappled fairly easily here. Khabib is one of the best grapplers in the UFC.

Your AV tells me everything I need to know about you, pathetic.

Ok, now explain how you could make this comment below.....

Also note, Mayweather is p4p one of the greatest boxers to ever live, and probably the greatest defensive boxer ever.

Because Conor connected clean on the jaw first round. Mayweather just laughed at him.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Khabib probably has better wrestling considering he's undefeated.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Khabib probably has better wrestling considering he's undefeated.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Khabib will be pound for pound the greatest ever when it's all said and done

If they were the same weight class: khabib is an infinitely better, more comprehensive grappler in mma. Mendes has a more explosive double. In mma, khabib destroys him via gnp, in wrestling, mendes probably wins, but I admit I'm not sure

Back