How does Khabibs wrestling compare to Chad Mendes?

Here's an example from Folkstyle at the NCAA level. Shoots for a single, doesn't try to finish it, goes into a double, finishes it, goes right into the ride. A smooth chain right there.

Thats called finishing your single by switching to double

Thats called finishing your single by switching to double
It's called a chain. The single was a set up for the switch to a double. It's no different from what Khabib does in the cage.

Single leg, run the pipe, switch to a body lock, finish with trip. It's all just chaining together TDs to finish 1.

When asked about Khabib's chain wrestling abilities Ben Askren, decorated wrestler and Olympian, said this about chain wrestling.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/...en-on-khabib-nurmagomedovs-wrestling-mma-news
One of his talents is the ability to switch between two completely different kinds of takedowns when the first one fails. What do you make of that?

"That's what you're supposed to do. Like you said, there's not a lot of people who've figured out how to do it that well in mixed martial arts. That's what you're supposed to do against high-level competition.

If you watch a high-level wrestling match, it's not like I try one thing and then it works. I try one thing, he defends, so I go to my next, go to my next, go to my next and then, eventually, you get a takedown. The generic term for that in wrestling, we call it chain wrestling. You're chaining things together. If I'm coaching an athlete, that's exactly what I'm him doing. I want him to chain wrestle because he knows if he's facing someone good, the first attempt usually isn't going to work."

You could not be more wrong if you tried. A fucking Olympian even stresses how important chain wrestling is at a high level. You don't know shit.

Pfft..show me one match where ben askren does.what he says in a wrestling match.

He doesnt do that. He might finish it by switching it to another but then again then more etc is bs

chads takedowns are usually more timing and speed whereas beebs just bulldozes forward and chain attacks usually going from single leg to body lock to judo trip and/or lift and slam

It's called a chain. The single was a set up for the switch to a double. It's no different from what Khabib does in the cage.

Single leg, run the pipe, switch to a body lock, finish with trip. It's all just chaining together TDs to finish 1.

Thats not.how it works in freestyle wut.
Out of million freestyle matches at a high level who allows a body lock off.a single leg lul

Chad is 4 inches shorter and weighs 30 pounds less than Khabib does.

If MJ has pillow fists, then CmG had marsmalow fists. MJ definitely hits harder than Conor. Conor doesn't KO people. He TKO. Big difference.

Conor has 5 KOs on his record. MJ has 3.

Conor has 13 TKOs on his record. MJ has 5.

You're objectively wrong.

But this begs the questions; are sambo and judokas better in top control than wrestlers or was Chad just too small? Hard to argue against wrestling

Khabib is the better pressure wrestler and chains it together better. Chad is the better athlete and powers takedowns better, but he is 2 weight classes smaller and short as a generic manlet.

I was thinking about this Khabib - Conor match-up.. There are fights Conor should have stylistically lost, against wrestlers, where he has been on his back a lot and still turned things around.

The Chad Mendes fight springs to mind.

So.. How does Khabib's wrestling compare to Mendes's?
Lol Khabib's wrestling is way more effective and thats not even debatable unless you're severely blind.
Mini mendez is not wrestle fucking Barbosa, MJ, Tibua, or RDA. Hes also much smaller, and I haven't seen him hold down anyone worth of note. Aldo/Conor always sprang back up.

Khabib is the better pressure wrestler and chains it together better. Chad is the better athlete and powers takedowns better, but he is 2 weight classes smaller and short as a generic manlet.

I have actually wrestled a wrestler that height and he couldn't take me down. I'm about 6.1.. Does height really matter that much in wrestling or did I have a talent for it? :cool:

Pfft..show me one match where ben askren does.what he says in a wrestling match.

He doesnt do that. He might finish it by switching it to another but then again then more etc is bs
Just let it go, man. You got destroyed.

Lol Khabib's wrestling is way more effective and thats not even debatable unless you're severely blind.
Mini mendez is not wrestle fucking Barbosa, MJ, Tibua, or RDA. Hes also much smaller, and I haven't seen him hold down anyone worth of note. Aldo/Conor always sprang back up.
Conor did not spring back up, in fact the only reason he got back up is because Mendez kept going for that guillotine. He gave up position for the submission, in hindsight it was a tactical error.

Back