How does Khabibs wrestling compare to Chad Mendes?

Well chad was probably 25 lbs lighter than Conor when they fought
Of course, he has FyW height! But don’t ever talk to him about cutting weight or he might faint... lol

Well chad was probably 25 lbs lighter than Conor when they fought
All these years later and people are still making excuses for Chad getting KTFO by Conor.

Chad was all muscled up and on good supplements. I'd be willing to bet he weighed significantly more than Conor.

Who has better "wrestling?" Who knows. But Khabib is a significantly better grappler. Their styles are obviously different. Mendes has an explosive double-leg, whereas Khabib is very good at chaining together takedown attempts. And once on the ground, Mendes is interested in hunting submissions, and is willing to give up position to do so (like he did against Conor). Khabib, on the other hand, is a master at maintaining top pressure. He pretty much never sacrifices position to go for submissions. Khabib's sole intention is to maul his opponent and take their soul.

Different styles between the two. Everyone has already adequately covered the top control, chain wrestling and ground and pound of Khabib.
Mendes is a very good wrestler also. For me the biggest difference is size and strength. Khabib is super strong and smothering, he is also just naturally larger than Mendes. Conor did enjoy a size advantage over Mendes where he won't with Khabib. I think there will be more guys at 55 who can eat a lot of Conors shots as compared to fw.

I wouldn't be surprised if Conor hits Khabib and Khabib doesn't go down, I would be shocked if Conor can stifle Khabibs take downs consistently. I would say that Conor has a chance at the beginning of every round until he is gassed, so, maybe 3 after that kind of pressure.

Safe bet for me is the Russian kid.

I see so much stupidity by both Conor nuthuggers and Conor haters. No, Conor has not been tested by elite wrestlers. No, Conor was not exposed by Mayweather. Take your heads out of your asses and learn how to look at things objectively.

IMO Conor has nothing more than a punchers chance vs Khabib. If he doesn't land it before Khabib gets him down, he loses IMO,

Mendes is more explosive and has a very good double leg. Khabib doesn’t.

Chad has the power double thatr khabib likely dosen't. But khabib will just bear maul you to the ground with any opening he finds. Conor has too land significant damage early, or somehow be strong enough in the clinch to underhook in and circle out. Don't feel like the latter is all that plausible.

They have wrestling only days at AKA but whatever. Believe what you want.

That is not the same as a wrestling match

It's different skills. Do you think they're having wrestling matches on their wrestling only days? No they're training wrestling for MMA. Because training wrestling for wrestling would be a waste of their time since none of them compete in it.

It's a different sport and one where Chad was the runner up in America and one that Khabib trained in, but not nearly as much because he was focused on other martial arts, namely combat sambo

Your comment is embarrassing...Floyd destroys him with any type of glove.
Your AV tells me everything I need to know about you, pathetic.
I have no problem blasting with 16Oz gloves in my boxing gym. I grew up with something like 4oz in traditional martial arts. And Conor had 8oz in the fight..
Ok, now explain how you could make this comment below.....
Conor got exposed by Mayweather.. He is not a hard puncher. He is a precise counter puncher. Conor can't punch Khabib out by brute force, and there's no way he keeps it standing all the way

Also note, Mayweather is p4p one of the greatest boxers to ever live, and probably the greatest defensive boxer ever.

Mendes isn't even in the same ballpark, totally different animal. They had e a few stories of Khabib wrestle fucking a few world class wrestlers I remember.

No, they aren't torally different animals. MONEY is a small 145

Khabib is a massive 155. I think Conor shucks off Khabib's early TD attempts and KO's him.

Don't be surprised if it looks like Conor-Eddie...

Durability and chin are Conor's kryptonite, not chain wrestling.

FWIW, Conor won by grapplefuck over a CURRENT WORLD CHAMP.

Conor KO 1 over Khabib

Michael Johnson had beeb in trouble but let him off the hook, MJ has pillow fists compared to CM. Connor will find Khabib chin and will KO him inside 3 rounds.

Michael Johnson had beeb in trouble but let him off the hook, MJ has pillow fists compared to CM. Connor will find Khabib chin and will KO him inside 3 rounds.

No trouble really mj lost 10-8 every rd. And the only point of reference we have regarding mj vs conors power is the Poirier fight. Mj got a ko , McGregor only got a tko and he took longer to finish the job . So khabib already smashed someone with more power and faster hands this is gonna be a disaster for mcgregor

No, they aren't torally different animals. MONEY is a small 145

Khabib is a massive 155. I think Conor shucks off Khabib's early TD attempts and KO's him.

Don't be surprised if it looks like Conor-Eddie...

Durability and chin are Conor's kryptonite, not chain wrestling.

FWIW, Conor won by grapplefuck over a CURRENT WORLD CHAMP.

Conor KO 1 over Khabib

Yeah a current world champ not known for his grappling who was coming off another grapple fuck lose in his previous fight

As most already said, Khabib has the better grappling basically all around aside from a few explosive shots.

Chad has a better double leg

Khabib has more diverse takedowns and way better ground game. If Conor gives up mount as easy as he did against Chad, he is in big trouble Mike
I do not recall him ever mounting Conor. Easily out wrestled him for sure. Crucifix, but no mount

Mendes has better open mat takedowns, Khabib better bodylock takedowns, khabib has a stronger top game though.

Very different.

Mendes is a wrestler. He's going to shoot on his opponents then if denied it will end up in a clinch. His TDs include double legs, singles, ankle picks, knee taps, lateral drops, ect.

Khabib is sambo/judo. He's first going to initiate a clinch, get a body lock, then look to take his opponents down via trips, throws, and plain ole dragging his opponents down.

Also like a lot of wrestlers, Mendes has no problem sitting in someone's guard and pounding on them.

Khabib is always looking for positional advancement. He seemlessly slices through people's gaurd and achieves side control all the time.

No disrespect to Chad, but I don't believe his wrestling is anywhere near Khabib...

Chad is a very accomplished NCAA wrestler... so I don't want to disrespect him... but Khabib is just a totally different animal when it comes to his sambo/freestyle wrestling combo... those Dagestani wrestlers are just unique and insanely effective.
Mendes would beat Khabib in wrestling. They don't wrestle in Russia. What you think is wrestling is judo and sambo.

Back