How do you think Prime Fedor v Prime Jones would go?

I'm probably one of the only Bob Sapp fans left. I'm also a realist.

Nogueira did win that fight. However, Bob still beat the piss out of him for a full 10 minutes. He ended up gassing in round 2.

Unlikely that Prime Sapp would have beaten Bones. He doesn't have great cardio and his technique is and always was shoddy. I think Bones submits him in the second round, after having a much easier first round than Nog.

Not to say that Prime Sapp wasn't dangerous due to his striking power and strength, but he was never much of a technical fighter and lacked heart.
Your post is reasonable enough, but Jones would have to survive a round with Sapp, and Jones has never been in the cage with someone who has near the physical strength as Sapp, nor has he faced anyone with that much striking power.

Some people liked Rumble's chances against Jones, and Prime Sapp would have presented an even bigger challenge IMO.

When did he ever show a bad gas tank during his best years(or indeed ever)? its really more a case of an aggressive fighter taking potential finishes early which is true across MMA, perhaps fighting a little more for the decision vs the likes of Semmy, Mirko and Nog latter in the fight but never really looking tired and still getting the best of things.

Indeed cardio is another area that would clearly be different from the DC fight.

Nog vs Fedor III

Fedor visibly gassed and Nog began to gain the upper hand. If you don't remember then rewatch just the end of the fight. That was Fedor in prime shape. He dominted the earlier rounds and took Nog down at complete will with barely any effort at all, but in the third toward the end, he was pushing all his punches, taking big deep breaths and his arms and new and improved footwork vanished.

You noobs, theres only one way things can go when a game Fedor fights...

Hooks fly left right pow pow clinch BOOM hip toss jones skinny legs flying in the air, lands in halfguard wich he doesnt even care about just pounds Jons face with hammerfists from god himself, Jones turns and GOAT HW snaps that RNC or amrbar, whichever he feels would be more suitable, ref with head cam ferociously jumps on the floor seperating the two, fedor shows his first emotion of the evening, a faint smile that lasts miliseconds, doesnt care about grabbing a mic and screaming like a neanderthal but rather shakes his opponents hand and leaves the ring disappearing into the mists, leaving entire arena in awe and tears of joy...

Cute. First, you selected his FIRST 2 ufc fights. Second, you conveniently left out a murderer's row of Machida, Shogun, Rampage, and Bader.

Wow he had to go to a decision with DC and Rashad---both one-sided, mind you. Hey, Fedor went to decision with Mirko and Nog.

Let Bones fight HMC, Zulu, Ogawa, Nagata, Lindland, all the LHW/Mws he fought in Rings and his finishing rate would be the same.

LOL @ "went to decision with DC"

So much mental gymnastics.

You should try some more mental gymnastics....maybe then you wouldn't be so utterly stupid. I was clearly replying to the guy that said Fedor would never make it out of the third round.

Which is why I listed all the people that Jon went to a decision with....

Keep on ragin' on tho

Nog vs Fedor III

Fedor visibly gassed and Nog began to gain the upper hand. If you don't remember then rewatch just the end of the fight. That was Fedor in prime shape. He dominted the earlier rounds and took Nog down at complete will with barely any effort at all, but in the third toward the end, he was pushing all his punches, taking big deep breaths and his arms and new and improved footwork vanished.
Who's this Nog guy? Seems crazy that Fedor could get tired fighting a random can.

People nowadays forget about Pride's 10 minute 1st round. Shit was real.

<seedat>

FYI, Prime Fedor absolutely fucking starches Jones.

Calm your tits.

It's more of a testament to Fedor's gas tank. If he doesn't get that finish in the first or second, his finishing ability goes down drastically. Jones can push the pace and has better Mobility on the feet.

I'd favor Jones at 210 vs a Fedor at 230-240

Just because I'm pointing out facts doesn't mean I'm not calm.

Jones is never 210. You think he cuts 5 lbs to make LHW ? lol

Let Bones fight HMC, Zulu, Ogawa, Nagata, Lindland, all the LHW/Mws he fought in Rings and his finishing rate would be the same..

Actually wouldn't mind seeing Jones fight the version of Choi(pre Bigfoot style brain op) Fedor did.

You do realize first round was 10 straight minutes in Pride?

Fedor would come a time JONes and Jon would keep him at a diatomaceous distance

He would time elbows for when Fedor exploded in and that strategy would likely prove effective

Your post is reasonable enough, but Jones would have to survive a round with Sapp, and Jones has never been in the cage with someone who has near the physical strength as Sapp, nor has he faced anyone with that much striking power.

Some people liked Rumble's chances against Jones, and Prime Sapp would have presented an even bigger challenge IMO.
Well, both your initial statements are objectively true. Clearly 370 pound Bob Sapp is vastly more physically powerful than anyone Bones has tangled with at 205. Standing, there is a possibility that Bob lands the same kind of shots that folded Hoost in half against the ropes.

That said, Bob has shoddy takedown defense. Yes, he had that famous pile driver against Nog, but that was in response to a sloppy takedown attempt. Nog took him down several times after and we saw Fujita pull it off as well. I think Jon can comfortably take it to the ground and from there Sapp is at his weakest.

Bob just didn't train hard enough to become the kind of threat his physical ability would have allowed him to be - his heart just wasn't in it.

You noobs, theres only one way things can go when a game Fedor fights...

Hooks fly left right pow pow clinch BOOM hip toss jones skinny legs flying in the air, lands in halfguard wich he doesnt even care about just pounds Jons face with hammerfists from god himself, Jones turns and GOAT HW snaps that RNC or amrbar, whichever he feels would be more suitable, ref with head cam ferociously jumps on the floor seperating the two, fedor shows his first emotion of the evening, a faint smile that lasts miliseconds, doesnt care about grabbing a mic and screaming like a neanderthal but rather shakes his opponents hand and leaves the ring disappearing into the mists, leaving entire arena in awe and tears of joy...
Lol fedora nuthuggers should be stand up comedians I swear y'all have me dying every time y'all post.

Just because I'm pointing out facts doesn't mean I'm not calm.

Jones is never 210. You think he cuts 5 lbs to make LHW ? lol

Of course not, don't be silly. He cuts 16 to 25 pounds depending on his camp.

I was implying that he could fight Fedor at 210 pounds (ala Hendon at 206 vs Fedor) and crush Fedor no matter what he weighs

Who's this Nog guy? Seems crazy that Fedor could get tired fighting a random can.

People nowadays forget about Pride's 10 minute 1st round. Shit was real.

<seedat>

FYI, Prime Fedor absolutely fucking starches Jones.

This post was pointless as shit. Do you have any argument?

Nog had the same 10-minute first round Fedor gassed in. That was a pride staple, of course I took that into account.

Of course not, don't be silly. He cuts 16 to 25 pounds depending on his camp.

I was implying that he could fight Fedor at 210 pounds (ala Hendon at 206 vs Fedor) and crush Fedor no matter what he weighs

Yup.

He cant even crush cans like OSP but hes gonna crush prime Fedor :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds like a pretty unbiased opinion.

Yup.

He cant even crush cans like OSP but hes gonna crush prime Fedor :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds like a pretty unbiased opinion.

Oh stop it...he was coming off a long layoff and it was a clear 50-45. How bout when he practically murdered Machida and Shogun?

Fedor just got beaten like a red-headed stepchild by a total can.

Lmfao did TS never watched mark Coleman fights. Take downs don't mean shit to prime fedor

Oh stop it...he was coming off a long layoff and it was a clear 50-45. How bout when he practically murdered Machida and Shogun?

Fedor just got beaten like a red-headed stepchild by a total can.

What's your excuse for all of his other decisions?

Not enough PEDs?

Lol fedora nuthuggers should be stand up comedians I swear y'all have me dying every time y'all post.

Well it was a reality for like, 8 straight years, dude showed little to weakness and was a truly well rounded fighter, something noone saw at that time so...

Back