How do you think Prime Fedor v Prime Jones would go?

Anyone who pretends like it's a lock either way doesn't understand MMA at all.

Close fight that could go a lot of ways. I think Jones probably has the advantage in the cage and Fedor in the ring.

This post was pointless as shit. Do you have any argument?

Nog had the same 10-minute first round Fedor gassed in. That was a pride staple, of course I took that into account.
Has Jones taken it into account? Let us know. Don't be a useless twat.

And you still have not explained who Nog is. Don't be a useless twat.

<Deported1>

Nog vs Fedor III

Fedor visibly gassed and Nog began to gain the upper hand. If you don't remember then rewatch just the end of the fight. That was Fedor in prime shape. He dominted the earlier rounds and took Nog down at complete will with barely any effort at all, but in the third toward the end, he was pushing all his punches, taking big deep breaths and his arms and new and improved footwork vanished.
Nogueira arguably has the best cardio in the history of HW MMA.

Don't be a useless twat.

<Deported1>

Hey, I don't need to be one.

That's what your mom is for.

Don't throw shit if you don't want shit thrown back at you. We can keep this civil and about your can crushing hero

as Fedor's TDD was always weak..
Nope.

He got taken down pretty much only by total beast wrestlers. To say his TDD is weak is ridiculous. You have to completley commit to a power double to get him,which is dangerous against a guy like that. Its pretty much the only thing thats worked.

BTW you know you can have this discussion without mentioning USADA or PRIDE's drug policy. They will NEVER fight each other in their prime,so why not discuss skill vs skill which is the whole point of this.

Nope.

He got taken down pretty much only by total beast wrestlers. To say his TDD is weak is ridiculous. You have to completley commit to a power double to get him,which is dangerous against a guy like that. Its pretty much the only thing thats worked.

He got taken down, put in sise control, and nearly ki.ura'd by Mark Hunt. Mark hunt got tapped out ny Sean McCorkle.

Bones via murder.

He got taken down, put in sise control, and nearly ki.ura'd by Mark Hunt. Mark hunt got tapped out ny Sean McCorkle.

Bones via murder.
He didnt get taken down by Mark Hunt. Might wanna watch it again. He ended up on the bottom off an armbar attempt the first time,and a failed takedown of his own the second time IIRC.

He didnt get taken down by Mark Hunt. Might wanna watch it again. He ended up on the bottom off an armbar attempt the first time,and a failed takedown of his own the second time IIRC.

He also gave up the most basic single leg/slide-by to Hendo immediately before getting KO'd.

He also gave up the most basic single leg/slide-by to Hendo immediately before getting KO'd.

This does not seem to indicate a career long reputation for weak TDD. You did a bad thing. Go into the corner and think about what you have done.

This does not seem to indicate a career long reputation for weak TDD. You did a bad thing. Go into the corner and think about what you have done.

I never said he had career long weak TDD...just that he can be taken down by great wrestlers.

Bones 1st round tko..
violently.

I never said he had career long weak TDD...just that he can be taken down by great wrestlers.

Bones 1st round tko..
violently.
Bones could probably get koed in the first round if he dont take some warm up fights at hw first and see if he can hang.

at HW.

Jones never fought there.

Fedor did not but could have fought LHW...Jones could Fight Heavyweight and probably will...the Jones Era LHW/HW far superior to Fedor... Fedor was great just like Chuck was great...they just don't compare to today's fighters...

Fedor did not but could have fought LHW...Jones could Fight Heavyweight and probably will...the Jones Era LHW/HW far superior to Fedor... Fedor was great just like Chuck was great...they just don't compare to today's fighters...
bull fuckin shit. Fedor in his prime could beat anyone. I dont say its easy for him to beat cain,jds,stipe etc. but those are WINNABLE fights for him. He was way more complete than chuck was,so its a bad analogy,they both fought at around the same time and he was/is still fighting long after chuck was finished.

Jones' boxing defence is a huge liability. I'd favour Fedor 60/40...

Back