how can mayweather be the greatest boxer when

Why do we get the shit from the heavies?

he never gave a rematch on boxers who he won against not so "clearly"?

no rematch on pacquiao.
no rematch on ortiz.
only money policity on "saving" his record.

this guy is only for money, not for honor, so he can never be the greatest boxer of all time.
he just needs mcgregor for his new promotion life since the ufc is more popular than boxing. his last ppv sucked balls. when a boxer beats a ufc fighter the whole boxing business will get a boost and mayweather promotions will profit from that in long term.
Don't be full of yourself:

1- Mayweather never rematches boxers that won against him? Wrong. He rematched Castilo. DOn't talk about a man's legacy when u never followed it.

2- this guy is only for money, not for honor? This is a career, and this fight is purely a business fan-requested fight(which I do not support though but whatevz). The time of teh samurai/ knight's honor code is extinct.

3- he just needs mcgregor for his new promotion life since the ufc is more popular than boxing. ? No he does not, he's retired and super rich with real-state, strip clubs, gyms, Mayweather is also a boxing promoter so he makes money off all the boxers signed under him too. How about you actually check any fact before you spout shit online.

Jesus this thread is a mess.

I swear I just saw something about Floyd not only ducking Amir Khan but that Khan could outbox him. I need a brisk walk..

lol no. maidana put pressure on him and did more than most, but no way was it close to a draw.

it was 7-5 with a swing round or two in there. If you scored it a draw, I wouldn't begrudge you that at all. It wasn't a clear cut no questions asked 7-5. I'm not saying Maidana is equal a boxer to Floyd, i'm saying that in that moment in time, Floyd didn't take Maidana as seriously as he should and Maidana came in hungry and shaved rounds off of Floyd that he couldn't replicate.

lol no. maidana put pressure on him and did more than most, but no way was it close to a draw.
Floyd had a pretty tough time in that fight, I didn't think it was close either but it was a hard fight, no doubt.

FFS he schooled Manny and Ortiz was getting drilled before he snapped and lost his shit

it was 7-5 with a swing round or two in there. If you scored it a draw, I wouldn't begrudge you that at all. It wasn't a clear cut no questions asked 7-5. I'm not saying Maidana is equal a boxer to Floyd, i'm saying that in that moment in time, Floyd didn't take Maidana as seriously as he should and Maidana came in hungry and shaved rounds off of Floyd that he couldn't replicate.

It wasn't a clear cut no questions asked 115-113. Floyd won wider than that.

That's not that bad, tbh. That falls under "close but not that close." One more round in the bag and it would have been as close a fight as possible. Two more rounds in the bag and it would have been a draw (no winner or loser.)
Wow and even 3 more rounds he wouldve won. All he really had to do was KO'd him, he was THAT close to winning.
I see your point now.

It wasn't a clear cut no questions asked 115-113. Floyd won wider than that.

he really didn't. Either you're remembering the second fight, which was a blowout, or you don't remember the fight. It was absolutely competitive.

he really didn't. Either you're remembering the second fight, which was a blowout, or you don't remember the fight. It was absolutely competitive.

You got me. I don't even really know who Maidana is. Just looked him up on boxrec.

Floyd had a pretty tough time in that fight, I didn't think it was close either but it was a hard fight, no doubt.

that's more how i remember it. much tougher than he expected but he still won by a lot.

Because Floyd always outclassed and beat his opponents very clearly that there was no need for a rematch.
He gave Castillo and Maidana rematches as they gave him closer fights than anyone or almost beat him for some people and he left no doubt about it later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back