how can mayweather be the greatest boxer when

he never gave a rematch on boxers who he won against not so "clearly"?

no rematch on pacquiao.
no rematch on ortiz.
only money policity on "saving" his record.

this guy is only for money, not for honor, so he can never be the greatest boxer of all time.
he just needs mcgregor for his new promotion life since the ufc is more popular than boxing. his last ppv sucked balls. when a boxer beats a ufc fighter the whole boxing business will get a boost and mayweather promotions will profit from that in long term.

Sorry man, but the Pacquiao fight wasn't even close. Why rematch?

Ortiz wanted out after being outclassed, so tried to headbutt Mayweather. Then he tried to apologise 3 times for a fully intentional headbutt and got KO'd. Great stuff.

The Manny fight wasn't even close.

If you want to give him shit for something, do it for being a woman beater and a pussy that delayed the Manny fight for ages

Manny did nothing to deserve a rematch, when Maidana gave him trouble - he was the one to call for a rematch in the post fight interview.

Floyd gave rematches to his closest opponents like Castillo and more recently, Maidana.

He embarrassed Pacquiao and baby'd Canelo.
Ortiz was clearly losing and got frustrated and decided to ilegally and intentionally headbutt Floyd. He beat who he needed to beat to stake his claim on the throne of boxing. Veterans, similarly ranked fighters and hot prospects.

You can talk all types of crap about his personal life but one thing you can't discredit Mayweather on is his boxing career. The dude is a technical genius and IMO, probably top 5 all-time great.

Hardly anyone thinks he's the "greatest" boxer ever. He's not even the greatest of his generation - That honor belongs to Manny Pacquiao. When you strip it all down, Floyd is just a pretty good boxer that happens to possess insane reflexes and reaction times. Take those away even just a little bit, and he would have gotten knocked out at least a few times by now.

Hardly anyone thinks he's the "greatest" boxer ever. He's not even the greatest of his generation - That honor belongs to Manny Pacquiao. When you strip it all down, Floyd is just a pretty good boxer that happens to possess insane reflexes and reaction times. Take those away even just a little bit, and he would have gotten knocked out at least a few times by now.
lol what

He didn't have to. Don't get me wrong, Mayweather is everything that's wrong with boxing, but why the hell do you need to "give" a rematch to anyone? He won, period.
This rematch crap, tho...

Fuck my life.
Why, oh why do I read such a useless thread?

Wait, you think the Pacman fight was close and Floyd didn't clearly win??

Did I really just read that Mayweather avoided Khan

200.gif

Neither deserved a rematch. Maidana on the other hand got a rematch after a close fight and lost the rematch convincingly.

Back