How are gun rights advocates going to be able to debate their way out of gun confiscation now?

Yes, but do you agree that guns are more efficient weapons than anything else that an ordinary citizen can get his hands on and use as a weapon?

What could have Stephen Paddock used yesterday to kill 58 people and injure more than 400 that is not a gun?

You might be too young to remember this, but
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19 tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people and the injury of 458 others.

Some jihad-beard used a truck to kill 86 people and injure 458 others in France in 2016.
Ban trucks?
Then they will use knives.
Ban knives?
Then they will use rocks.
I'm sure you get the point by now.

If I am about to get attacked I would want to carry the most effective tool to deter the attacker. In most cases this would be a firearm.
i actually think with the recent truck attacks in Europe, there should be screening of who gets to drive a truck. i'm actually in favor of stricter driver laws all around. cars are lethal AF

do you think there would be more or less mass shootings in Europe if guns were incredibly easy to obtain?

You really can't walk into a store and buy an automatic weapon. At least not in my state.
okay, but don't you think the massive availability of weapons in the USA is a large contributor to the high rate of mass shootings?

Mass shootings are the least of our worries here. Take a look at a typical weekend in Chicago.
that seems like a deflection and is akin to people saying you have less chance of being killed by a jihadi than being run over by a car.

But the bad people, aren't going to turn in their illegal guns.

many will.

here is what you guys dont get....a good person who actively tries to be good, can be the bad person tomorrow. look at this shooter in vegas. clean record. do you think he always planned to do this shit? no. he was the good guy that youd be eager to let stockpile guns for decades. many killers have been "good" their whole lives.

What don't people understand about this? Criminals don't obey laws.

right. so lets make it more difficult for them, rather than allowing guns to be so numerous that you can basically trade them for a gatorade on the street.

Yes, but do you agree that guns are more efficient weapons than anything else that an ordinary citizen can get his hands on and use as a weapon?

What could have Stephen Paddock used yesterday to kill 58 people and injure more than 400 that is not a gun?
Modified high pressure gatling style potato gun lobbing pipe bombs out the window and down into the crowd. The parts of which are not illegal. The only questionable component would the actual explosive agent but it need not even be gunpowder. Or if he wanted to go that route but didn't have access to modern manufactured black powder he could create a primitive variety from basic recipes on the internet. Sulfur, Charcoal and Saltpeter. Saltpeter can even be derived from bat guano.

i actually think with the recent truck attacks in Europe, there should be screening of who gets to drive a truck. i'm actually in favor of stricter driver laws all around. cars are lethal AF

do you think there would be more or less mass shootings in Europe if guns were incredibly easy to obtain?

Damn it you people. If left up to you a person would have no rights and freedoms for anything. No guns, no trucks, no knives. All it takes is for one or two psychos to do something crazy and there goes your freedoms.

Damn it you people. If left up to you a person would have no rights and freedoms for anything. No guns, no trucks, no knives. All it takes is for one or two psychos to do something crazy and there goes your freedoms.
<YeahOKJen>
i think there's too many morons on the road

You're training about screening truck drivers now all because "the recent attacks in Europe". What happens when someone burns something down you'd probably support background checks and psychological screenings to buy lighters and matches.

I'm just curious why you never apply this approach to Islam...thing that mass kills Europeans every couple of weeks.

Well at least you're consistent. Still...keep your slimy hands off muh guns...and trucks...and knives.
giphy.gif

many will.

here is what you guys dont get....a good person who actively tries to be good, can be the bad person tomorrow. look at this shooter in vegas. clean record. do you think he always planned to do this shit? no. he was the good guy that youd be eager to let stockpile guns for decades. many killers have been "good" their whole lives.

right. so lets make it more difficult for them, rather than allowing guns to be so numerous that you can basically trade them for a gatorade on the street.

Exactly this. These incidents are mostly all symptoms of a very sick society which alienates people and provides a fertile breeding ground for mental illness. Thats why you so often hear people who knew guys like this say he seemed liked such a normal quiet guy never in a million years would I have expected him to do such a terrible thing. Truth is he probably never would have expected it of himself either.

f1.gif

the-line-dividing-good-and-evil-cuts-through-the-heart-of-every-.jpg

I never understood the argument of it’s a waste of time if we make a law about guns because criminals don’t follow laws. Then why do we have any laws to begin with?

Back