Holm's Gonna Have a Nice Surprise Waiting for Rousey; Sign Here for Future Shaming *HALL OF FAME*

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
rousey-1-hand.png

Alright, so Correia became flustered at Rousey's attack and ended up getting KO'd. But where Rousey excelled against Correia (and let's be honest, it was pretty sloppy boxing), Holm excels even more so than Rousey. Holm's "in-and-out" risk averse boxing style is going to give Rousey MAJOR trouble.

Greg Jackson is most likely building Holm's entire strategy around avoiding being anywhere inside of Rousey's distance. Step inside, three-punch combo, and step back. It's rather Rousey who's going to have to make a major effort to clinch up with Holm, and when she does, Holm has enough power to KTFO Rousey cold, and derail the Rousey train.

Moreover, if Rousey does end up securing the clinch, she's going to have far more trouble controlling the larger Holm than she has in the past with smaller bantamweights. Holm's probably specifically training to use her strength to secure underhooks on Rousey and push out of her clinch, and to return to a boxing match—Holm's strength.

Mark my words, Sherbros, Holly Holm most certainly will have a nice surprise waiting for Rousey, and it's going to be Rousey getting Correia'd.

Five Points of Power

• Far superior boxing.
  • Bigger than Rousey.
  • Stronger in the clinch.
  • Expert takedown defense.
  • Master strategist Greg Jackson > Edmund "Muhammad Ali's Peer" Tarverdyan
Rousey supporters, please sign below for future shaming. Thank you.

you should really bet someone you will leave sherdog if holm loses :)

There could feasibly be quite the tussle between these two. Can't freaking wait!!!!!

rousey-1-hand.png

Alright, so Correia became flustered at Rousey's attack and ended up getting KO'd. But where Rousey excelled against Correia (and let's be honest, it was pretty sloppy boxing), Holm excels even more so than Rousey. Holm's "in-and-out" risk averse boxing style is going to give Rousey MAJOR trouble.

Greg Jackson is most likely building Holm's entire strategy around avoiding being anywhere inside of Rousey's distance. Step inside, three-punch combo, and step back. It's rather Rousey who's going to have to make a major effort to clinch up with Holm, and when she does, Holm has enough power to KTFO Rousey cold, and derail the Rousey train.

Moreover, if Rousey does end up securing the clinch, she's going to have far more trouble controlling the larger Holm than she has in the past with smaller bantamweights. Holm's probably specifically training to use her strength to secure underhooks on Rousey and push out of her clinch, and to return to a boxing match—Holm's strength.

Mark my words, Sherbros, Holly Holm most certainly will have a nice surprise waiting for Rousey, and it's going to be Rousey getting Correia'd.

Five Points of Power

• Far superior boxing.
  • Bigger than Rousey.
  • Stronger in the clinch.
  • Expert takedown defense.
  • Master strategist Greg Jackson > Edmund "Muhammad Ali's Peer" Tarverdyan
Rousey supporters, please sign below for future shaming. Thank you.

You had me until I read your post!

i like Holm and i think she have a chance, with good gameplaning she can win.
But superior clinch? no.

The Ish is no match for The Rowdy One. Sign me up, sucker.

I'm putting some vCash on this because I believe you OP. Upset of the year.

i suggest TS' ban after ronda completely demolishes holm

I think she has a better chance than 95% of Rousey's previous opponents, still a very small chance though.

Proof positive that a green name means absolutely jack shit when it comes to fight knowledge.

Won't be surprise if Holm pulls a condit on Rousey...that's pretty much the blueprint of her fights.

Back