Holm's Gonna Have a Nice Surprise Waiting for Rousey; Sign Here for Future Shaming *HALL OF FAME*

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
I think a Joanna style beat down by Holly would be the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of MMA.

Image seeing Holly pummel Honda as she tried desperately to get a take down, being demoralized to the point of crying and quitting on the stool between rounds.

Pummeling with her pillow fists. Yes, I can see the tears of frustration now. Especially when Rou$ey knocks some freckles off the unfortunate Holly.

She doesn't have KO power in her fist. And that is where she needs it. I don't think I've ever seen a head kick KO on a guy rushing in. Takes too long and too hard to time. Hence the punch is needed.

Stuffed animal fists won't KO a raging RaGinG RAGING! Ronda Rousey.

Hopefully he involves some leg kicks in that game plane...we'll see.

Hopefully he involves some leg kicks in that game plane...we'll see.

No, Ronda will be expecting those kicks and grab her foot. Quickest way to a clinch and that's dooming poor Holla Holly.

I give her somewhat of a chance, which is way more than I've provided others. I do think she beats Ronda if it stays on the feet. If she loses in 15 seconds, I'll gladly eat crow for being stupid.

Rhonda will win in the first round. I see zero ways that Holm can win.

Five Points of Power

• Far superior boxing.
  • Bigger than Rousey.
  • Stronger in the clinch.
  • Expert takedown defense.
  • Master strategist Greg Jackson > Edmund "Muhammad Ali's Peer" Tarverdyan
Rousey supporters, please sign below for future shaming. Thank you.

Ronda first round armbar
/thread

I hope we all want more than a quick first round sub??? I hope Holly can avoid those for at least one round. I think she will last more than the last three combined for time.

Rousey haters have built Holm up into early 2000s Cro Cop.

Holm, like all women in this division/weight, simply doesnt have the 1 punch power to stop Rousey. Rousey will be able to wade in and do her thang yet again.

The only hope is some expert backpeddalling and a stiff jab, and if she can do that for a round or two it might start to rattle Rousey who wont appreciate her face getting touched up. It may not win the fight but will at least make it a contest.

The one glimmer of hope I see here is Holly's trainer, Greg "Mr Gameplan/Get some fans" Jackson. If he can get the tactics sorted and make Holly follow it, well then we might just have a fight on our hands.

----

EDIT: oooh, I'm calling the new nickname if Ronda does lose!! Ronda "Rattled" Rousey

I'd be surprised if Holly pulls off an upset. I think she said once or twice that she hasn't shown all her cards yet in her previous fights, probably implying that she has a much better clinch/takedown game than what people would assume. I seriously doubt that though.

Walk into punches. Clinch. Throw. Armbar. If this were a kickboxing match, I'd give Holm a shot. But, sadly... walk into punches, clinch, throw, armbar. If it gets past one round, it's only because Rousey is trying to prove she is the most skilled striker in the UFC as Rogan screams cageside how dominating her striking is.

TS swinging for the fences looking to be made a monkey out of.

Maybe he's one of those masokisses who likes being publically humiliated.

Nobody flame him - this is just some sick game to get his rocks off.

I got Holm by decision, but I will give Ronda the chance that she clinches up with Holm and knocks herself out.

Back