Holm's Gonna Have a Nice Surprise Waiting for Rousey; Sign Here for Future Shaming *HALL OF FAME*

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
Problem is once Rousey get her hands on her she'll dump HH on her head and then basically choose how she wants to submit her. Look this thread comes up with every RR opponent, it's old and always wrong. RR by whatever or however she wants

Holm doesn't really have KO power in her hands, and Rousey seems to have a good chin at least from what weve seen. Holm will have to keep away for 5 rounds or KO Ronda, that's a helluva task. Rousey gets the clinch once and its over, 25 mins is a lot of time for her to do so. I think she gets it done in the first round, second at most.

HH throws a wicked kick to R3`s cocobean but Ronda catches the foot and throws HH on her back and arm bars her. Game over HH.

Holm doesn't KO people with her hands. She is pillow fisted. Most of her KOs are from kicks. She would have to create space to get off a kick.

Also, expert TD defense works for MMA fighters against wrestlers. When they run into a judoka like Rousey, it is another beast, and their TDD goes out the window. If you train any type of grappling art you would know that people who train to defend wrestling TDs (which are at least 90% of the TDs in MMA) don't have a clue how to handle Judo TDs. This is why Rousey is so successful getting the fight to the ground.

You mean people in the wmma 135 division have no clue right? There are other high level judo players in mma that are not able to skate by on mostly just they're judo.

I think she will give Rousey a much tougher fight then expected as long as she can keep it standing. If it hits the ground it can end anytime, standing it goes to a dec

Five Points of Power

Far superior boxing. -yes, Holm has better striking however Ronda has much more power in her hands

Bigger than Rousey. -taller yes bigger uhh no Ronda is very thick and is one of the biggest females in the division

Stronger in the clinch.- uhh no im pretty dam sure Ronda is stronger than Holm and with her judo base going in the clinch with her is just you asking to lose

Expert takedown defense.-Holm does indeed have decent tdd but the question is will it be enough?

Master strategist Greg Jackson > Edmund "Muhammad Ali's Peer" Tarverdyan -this is probably the only thing you're right on

Holm and power should never belong in the same post. Automatic fail by TS.

I really believe Ronda is winning but if the odds are too crazy I will put a flyer on Holm. Or even the over 1.5 if it looks good.

Its just like every unbeatable fighter, someone will come along and refuse to allow the hype to get in they're head and solve the riddle. Once that happens more will follow and if the now beatable fighter doesnt evolve to the next level they disapear.

I think she will flee the moment it looks like its gonna get rough.

Is the surprise going to be that she has her arm surgically removed pre-fight and comes to the ring with it already detached as to save herself from having it forcefully removed from her body?

About a minute of circling, maybe a little less, some "HSHHH!" and "HASHUSHHH!" and missed strikes from Holm sprinkled in... and then Rousey grabs her and throws her onto her head and armbars her within ten, fifteen seconds if we're being generous.

So I guess what I'm predicting is a Rousey armbar within eighty, ninety seconds at the very longest.

About a minute of circling, maybe a little less, some "HSHHH!" and "HASHUSHHH!" and missed strikes from Holm sprinkled in... and then Rousey grabs her and throws her onto her head and armbars her within ten, fifteen seconds if we're being generous.

So I guess what I'm predicting is a Rousey armbar within eighty, ninety seconds at the very longest.

Yeah most people expect this to happen

I hope holm can at least do better then bethe

Holm with a 30 second KO if Honda will exchange.

If she'll wuss out, Holm with 2nd round sprawl n brawl.

Yeah most people expect this to happen

I hope holm can at least do better then bethe

I think she could potentially last at least a minute longer than Bethe. After all she's the .. biggest challenge Rousey's faced yet..

Hmmm. This seems familiar...oh yeah! Now I remember why! The exact same thread TS made last time!

Correia Will Beat Rousey with Ease; Rousey Supporters: Sign Here for Future Shaming

Here's TS when he was completely and utterly wrong:

Good evening Sherfriends,

I have just concluded my viewing of UFC 190, and I would like to concede that I was wrong in my prediction that 12:1 underdog Bethe Correia would beat 1:16 favourite Ronda Rousey.

Thank you all for your informative contributions to my Correia-supportive threads, and I look forward to having more in-depth discussions with all of you in the future!

RTLv2

Saving you some time, here's some hilarious, choice replies:

You didn't simply make a "prediction" of an under dog winning in a support thread for Correia. You tried to act all high and mighty than you saw the greatness in Correia that no one else did and was even so arrogant as to challenge people who thought Ronda would win to post in this thread so that they could be shamed publically. Now that you look stupid your calling it a support thread and pointing out the odds as if that somehow should make you look better. If you had been right you would have been gloating all over the place. This thread should exist forever so that people like you don't keep making these retarded threads that you make just to try to get lucky on a prediction.

You could see the stunned look on Bethe's face once she ate a couple of clean shots, like she'd never been hit that hard in her life. It's easy to believe you're a badass when you've never been hit before. Then the realization sinks in after that first impact that actually hurts.

But you know what was the best for me? The knee. The knee is what broke her. You could literally see the hopes and dreams fade from Bethe's eyes when that knee impacted and at that point all she wanted was out.

And of course my personal favorite:

lol, nice cop out, douche.

rousey-1-hand.png

Greg Jackson is most likely building Holm's entire strategy around avoiding being anywhere inside of Rousey's distance.

Riiiiight. Because when one fighter has a reach advantage, there is NO WAY the shorter-limbed fighter can EVER get ANYWHERE close enough to land a punch or a takedown or a clinch...

Brah. How many tall strikers with Rogan-praised distance-fighting chops have we seen fail to maintain that distance and get bumrushed? Cough...Cormier blasting Gus...cough...all of Struve's losses...cough...

Five Points of Power

• Far superior boxing.
  • Bigger than Rousey.
  • Stronger in the clinch.
  • Expert takedown defense.
  • Master strategist Greg Jackson > Edmund "Muhammad Ali's Peer" Tarverdyan
Rousey supporters, please sign below for future shaming. Thank you.

Far superior boxing vs Far superior punching power - Holly doesn't have enough power behind her Jab to keep Rousey at the end of it. We all know that Ronda has no problem getting punched in the face in order to close distance.

Bigger than Rousey - being 2 inches taller doesn't really equal "bigger" IMO. We have no reason to believe that Holly's 2 inches of height means greater physical strength, so Holly's height is a non factor to me.

Stronger in the clinch - not sure what makes you think that Holly is stronger in the clinch than Ronda. The clinch is part of Ronda's bread and butter, can't see Holly beating her there.

Expert TD defense - Expert is an exaggeration. Holly may have 100% TDD, but we need to look at the credentials of those who tried to take her down. Defending the TD off of someone who has been training wrestling/grappling for 2 or 3 yrs is not that impressive IMO.

Master strategist Greg Jackson > Edmund "Muhammad Ali's Peer" Tarverdyan - Agreed!

lol @ "Stronger in the clinch."

Now I KNOW you're trolling TS.

My predictions:

-Rousey in the 1st.
-Thread backfires.
-Another "mommy drunk a lot of vodka while expecting me" thread in the form of "Sign here for future shaming" made when Rousey has a new opponent signed.

Back