Has DC hurt his legacy more than Jones?

I don't see how it is embarrassing and damaging for your legacy to lose against Jones honestly (who is the GOAT imo)

I have spent enough time on this site that I know we both know the forum is almost entirely trash. I post something I actually thought about that wasn't written for likes or laughs, but to just actually talk mma. The best contribution you can make is wishing I had made 2 big paragraphs into smaller paragraphs? why are you here?

Knowing this, why would you expect people to read a mountain of words?
I like to have in depth discussions as well, but because there's a lot of trash, trashy posters, and trash threads, Im not going to waste my time reading a novel unless Im familiar with the poster.
If you want your shit to be read then presentation is key.
And if all of what you have to say is going to take up a full page then you don't HAVE to get it all out in the first post.

To answer the question, no, DC didn't hurt his legacy. It didn't matter what he said about Jon, he was already considered ths GOAT by everyone else. Even the way this fight was advertised, it was more about Jon's comeback than DC defending his belt.
Daniel is a great fighter, he's beaten top competition, but he doesn't have Jon's resume. DC's LHW fights are Jon 2x, Gus, and Rumble 2x. All top of the top competition, but not enough to cement a legacy like Jon. Jon's whole career was at LHW in the UFC, and he faced legends and champs. The only way he could arguably have surpassed Jones is by beating him. Similar to how Conor skipped over the division to KO Aldo and Alvarez. (Not that he is greater than Aldo, but his name has to be in the conversation now because of that win)
He did impressive shit at HW, but he did it in another organization. He's not going to receive his deserved props for that, just like Alvarez, and some of the other PRIDE fighters didn't.

I don't see how it is embarrassing and damaging for your legacy to lose against Jones honestly (who is the GOAT imo)

Probably depends on what you want your legacy to be. If you want it to be seen as the best (lhw at least) ever, it's probably damaging for your legacy if you're "only" the second best.

It wasn't perfect. Like I said, with what I had written, it wouldn't have broken up well unless I expounded further. smaller doesn't equal better if it isn't complete. I would have had to expound further..... I wasn't writing an essay. People bitch about any wall of text on this site. Just stick to the shoops and jokes. My writing will improve/ has improved, no thanks to shyster advice from this forum. I can at least admit I have room to grow. No one here, including you, has the stones to admit it's a little pathetic to struggle reading 2 paragraphs when they would prefer 3 or 4. http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/shoopville.94/
I gave you a like just for your fight.
Shoopville?

You have yet to say anything interesting, clever, or that indicates you have anything logical to say at all. But you've already stooped to name calling, which doesn't suggest that you're very good at the game you're trying to play. I'm just keeping it real. PM me for some advice on how to win at the game, and I will oblige and probably send you dick pics as well.
All joking aside. If you have two, equally skilled fighters, size will play a huge factor in the outcome of the fight. The fact that Cormier was able to keep both fights extremely competitive is a testetestament to jones size being his advantage more so than his skills. If he was as skilled as Cormier, he would have absolutely destroyed him and it wouldn't have been a back and forth battle. In my opinion, Cormier' s skills are far greater than jones' but jones' size was something he could not overcome. Brock Lesnar did not beat Couture because of his tremendous skills and jones may very well be a more versatile"Lesnar" in the light heavy weight division. Hell for that matter, he may be the Hong Man Choi with some skills of his division. Is that a more clear rebuttal for You? Is that enough to get you to stop threatening me with dick pics, you queer?

Holy Giant Paragraph Batman

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

A least he didn't do the whole screed as one run-on sentence. For a Shertard, that is a victory.

To make more paragraphs, I would have needed to expound on different aspects of my point even further. It probably would have lengthened the entire post. It's not always so simple as indenting when convenient. If we are here to talk about MMA, why aren't we talking about MMA? I'm a butcher in his mid 20's for Christ's sake.

You certainly butcher the English Language.

I gave you a like just for your fight.
Shoopville?
sure, shoopville. never see you bitching about ludicrous shoops. that where the true talent and love of the sport is on this site.

Are you retarded or a troll? Members have repeatedly asked you to do this simple thing:

You would think that getting beat twice by Jon Jones is the reason that Daniel Cormier is considered 2nd
best in the UFC, and you would mostly be right. I can't help but feel like DC has perpetuated the problem beyond anything it ever would have been. Putting Jones on that pedestal and publicly declaring him the greatest and his only goal, it left him at such a great deficit in the eyes of fans when he failed. If the guy
had argued his career more and played down Jones' career and skills, it wouldn't have hurt his reputation in the same way. It's not that difficult to angle either;

DC won the most stacked heavyweight tournament ever, beating opponents with big size and experience
advantages. He went undefeated in two of the all time biggest organizations in that weight class with wins over two former UFC heavyweight champions. He has beaten fighters who have held major world titles at welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight, heavyweight, and openweight. He is the only man to beat, let alone finish twice, Rumble reincarnate. Andre Arlovski couldn't even do in this the middle of his career resurgence from 2011-2015. He beat Alexander Gustafsson more decisively than Jones did. He was more accomplished in their similar background of wrestling by a long shot. He was on the right path calling Jones out for his out-of-competition problems, but there was so much more he could have said.

I AM NOT SAYING DC HAS DONE BETTER THAN JONES. I am also not saying that it would have been the
high road, but the dude basically beta'd himself the fuck up, you might say it was his bread and beta. Matt Hughes lost to Dennis Hallman twice. Josh Barnett lost to Cro Cop three times. BJ Penn lost to Frankie Edgar 3 times. Chuck Liddell got finished twice by Rampage Jackson. Dan Henderson is 1-2 against Vitor Belfort. All of the losers in those head-to-head matchups are either considered better than their foes or at least still have plenty of people arguing that they are better. This is because they went on to accomplish OTHER THINGS than their opponents did (or already had). It is also because they didn't go around saying that they weren't as good as guys who beat them. In word and in action, they didn't make their careers
about their losses.

DC could have saved so much face if he had a different tune. He could still save face if he changes his tune. I hope he fights some more heavyweights, even if he doesn't permanently go back. I hope he considers competing in Metamoris or ADCC. Calling out middleweights to fight him at Franklinweight would be acceptable to me. I just really hope he lets the Jones thing alone. There is so much left to do
If you need it broken up to read, then i'm sorry you can't read well. I for one am not going to sit here and moan about about you improperly using semicolons I didn't use. or that you didn't indent. because I've always been here to talk mma. you are here to take out your day's frustrations. its whatever. and I didn't claim that it was perfect once. you are just a little pathetic. but I clearly do more reading than I thought. because I encounter plenty of long paragraphs on A DAILY BASIS. and I make it through just fine. like a grown up. go back to liking quips people make. go find the meme of the day.

sure, shoopville. never see you bitching about ludicrous shoops. that where the true talent and love of the sport is on this site.
Other than your post what have you seen from me? Have you ever seen me participate in a shoop thread? Now you're turning into an angry girl who can't stay on topic to save her life.
Lady if you can't handle random people critiquing your post on a blog site, what happens if someone has a problem with something you do at work?
After you read this please click on my name and hit ignore. I don't suffer the backlash of ever commenting on one of your threads again.

This statement proves you are as dumb as an onion.
You've got a short fat guy whom they claim is 5'11 fighting a giant in jones and being able to hang with him? I would say that proves tremendous skill on Cormier's part. If you can't acknowledge that then you don't carry any credibility in any of your opinions. Superior skill and jones' size should not allow for any decision victories. He should be destroying whomever they put in front of him. Otherwise, an equally skilled jones vs an equally skilled SMALLER opponent should end in the results we've seen early on in his career, like Shogun, Machida, Rampage, etc... The trouble that he had with St. Preux and Gustaffson show his lack of skills when his size advantage is diminished or nonexistent. He will say that he coasted during the St. Preux fight but you are also relying on a guy's word who admittedly comes in with built-in excuses.

You've got a short fat guy whom they claim is 5'11 fighting a giant in jones and being able to hang with him? I would say that proves tremendous skill on Cormier's part. If you can't acknowledge that then you don't carry any credibility in any of your opinions. Superior skill and jones' size should not allow for any decision victories. He should be destroying whomever they put in front of him. Otherwise, an equally skilled jones vs an equally skilled SMALLER opponent should end in the results we've seen early on in his career, like Shogun, Machida, Rampage, etc... The trouble that he had with St. Preux and Gustaffson show his lack of skills when his size advantage is diminished or nonexistent. He will say that he coasted during the St. Preux fight but you are also relying on a guy's word who admittedly comes in with built-in excuses.

Your long winded excuse again shows you have nothing to say.

JBJ has better stand up than DC. He has better MMA wrestling.

Therefore, your claim that DC is more skilled than JBJ is laughable.

You sir, are a Shertard of the highest order.

He lost to Jones twice. Nothing he says is going to make that any more or less a reality. As for his legacy, that's in his hands. He will be remembered as the second best LHW of his day no matter what, so to add to his legacy now, a move back to HW is really the only option.

To make more paragraphs, I would have needed to expound on different aspects of my point even further. It probably would have lengthened the entire post. It's not always so simple as indenting when convenient. If we are here to talk about MMA, why aren't we talking about MMA? I'm a butcher in his mid 20's for Christ's sake.
Check your profession at the door, if you take my meaning.

And have your mom proofread your shit.

Not only that but he said he wasn't gonna be able to look past all the shit that was talked and squash it once and for all but if we look back at the history between these two DC was the one who was woofing the most shit.

I just have a hard time liking a guy who is such a try hard in making people believe he is a great guy but yet to make himself look good does nothing but kick a guy while he's down to make himself look better. "Why are the fans booing me?"-DC

This is true mostly about their grudge DC has been the one and pretty much always was the one talking the most shit. Because he was always trying to set up this big fight between them long before he was even with the UFC. He never once had anything nice to say about Jones and it just got worse and worse over time. I honestly think Jones didn't give two shits about him until Daniel start running his mouth nonstop.

Split... unanimous... do you live on wikipedia?

Cormier beat Gustafsson. Gustafsson beat Jones.

Quit browsing wikipedia and start watching fights.

If he beat Jones why did he never wear the belt?

Back