Has DC hurt his legacy more than Jones?

I do think DC takes things too personal. His legacy is all about Jones. Meanwhile, Jones just sees Cormier as some opponent he beat already. Sure, it was inevitable that Cormier and Jones would meet again, but Cormier made it more than that.

I guarantee that Jones wouldn't have shit talked Cormier if Cormier hadn't acted so self-righteous and condemned Jones every chance he got. Jones is cocky and a showboater, but doesn't typically bite unless struck first.

Then, DC goes on like he didn't lose the first. Sure, be confident, but if you talked the kind of shit DC talked, you better freakin' win the fight or end up eating a shit ton of crow, which can be severly demoralizing... Now, he may have to reevaluate his career because he made everything about Jon.

You do realize that the only difference between a straight man and a gay man is the sexual preference? You don't see my avatar with a catch phrase of "I like vagina" do you? Keep your :eek::eek::eek:ot preferences to yourself and I will keep my straight ones to myself. It is a fight forum, so does it matter if you suck penis? NO! So keep it off of the forum. Tolerance goes both ways.

Nah, I'll be me, but thanks.

Be sure to attack the straight guys that mention liking women, though. That stuff is gross! Bedroom talk should stay in the bedroom.

If he is so "skilled" then why does he have to cut weight to fight smaller fighters? He obviously doesn't believe in his "skills" as much as you do.
Kindly stop quoting me and making me waste my time by replying to you. You're trying to snag a fish you can't catch.

To humor you one last time though, your logic in the post I quoted isnt very sound. You know that already.

I have spent enough time on this site that I know we both know the forum is almost entirely trash. I post something I actually thought about that wasn't written for likes or laughs, but to just actually talk mma. The best contribution you can make is wishing I had made 2 big paragraphs into smaller paragraphs? why are you here?

Man, just stop. You exposed yourself as a retard, the damage is done. Count your losses and move on, no need to embarrass yourself even more.

Kindly stop quoting me and making me waste my time by replying to you. You're trying to snag a fish you can't catch.

To humor you one last time though, your logic in the post I quoted isnt very sound. You know that already.
I know you can't admit the truth or even come up with a relevant, credible rebuttal but, to be completely honest, I keep messing with the weak puppy just because I really like your avatar.

Nah, I'll be me, but thanks.

Be sure to attack the straight guys that mention liking women, though. That stuff is gross! Bedroom talk should stay in the bedroom.
You are absolutely right. By stating you are gay, only describes s sexual preference and if you need that to create an identity for yourself, then you have bigger issues than being light in the pants. There has got to be something "better" about you than the fact that you are a homo, no?

Man, just stop. You exposed yourself as a retard, the damage is done. Count your losses and move on, no need to embarrass yourself even more.
it's bittersweet every time I make someone like you relegate to name calling because of a slightly heated internet discussion. i hope you find your way some day .

No one is going to read that. You need to make paragraphs between every 2-3 sentences or you could paraphrase your points. I'm just trying to help you. I think it hurt DC in the sense he will always be seen as second best now.

Thanks for adding those. Writing is a lot like public speaking where you have a limited window to keep your audience. Yeah DC talked way too much shit, but I still like him more than Jones. If you don't talk shit, everyone complains you're boring. Catch 22

Last edited:
DC is an awesome guy and has a career ahead of him as an analyst. Maybe even some more fights. Great fighter, stellar, decorated career. Intelligent, well spoken. He'll be fine.

Jones is a better fighter. He'll find a way to cope.

I know you can't admit the truth or even come up with a relevant, credible rebuttal but, to be completely honest, I keep messing with the weak puppy just because I really like your avatar.
You have yet to say anything interesting, clever, or that indicates you have anything logical to say at all. But you've already stooped to name calling, which doesn't suggest that you're very good at the game you're trying to play. I'm just keeping it real. PM me for some advice on how to win at the game, and I will oblige and probably send you dick pics as well.

Probably not worth reading because anyone who doesn't know how to make paragraphs probably isn't worth listening to anyway.

it's bittersweet every time I make someone like you relegate to name calling because of a slightly heated internet discussion. i hope you find your way some day .

No no, I was stating a fact. It's not name calling if you expose yourself as a retard and I make the observation. You did the work, I just pointed it out.

Jones being the GOAT, with 10+ title defenses, and undefeated his whole career didn't help either.

D.C. Got dropped by Gus and won it by a split decision.

Jones won unanimously and he won less decisively? Lol, log off of sherdog from time to time.
Did u see Jones face after the Gus fight though...

Elevating your opponent to great heights helps you win or lose. That said, his legacy takes a semi-decent hit with this loss. Not that a defeat to Jones is anything to be ashamed of, but DC would've been in the GOAT discussion with a win, now he's back to simply a very good to great fighter who some would argue was never fully able to win the actual championship.

To make more paragraphs, I would have needed to expound on different aspects of my point even further. It probably would have lengthened the entire post. It's not always so simple as indenting when convenient. If we are here to talk about MMA, why aren't we talking about MMA? I'm a butcher in his mid 20's for Christ's sake.

Dude, you didn't need to expound anything to make it easier to read. How many people need to tell you before you stop denying the obvious? You could just man-up and accept it.

You would think that getting beat twice by Jon Jones is the reason that Daniel Cormier is considered 2nd best in the UFC, and you would mostly be right. I can't help but feel like DC has perpetuated the problem beyond anything it ever would have been. Putting Jones on that pedestal and publicly declaring him the greatest and his only goal, it left him at such a great deficit in the eyes of fans when he failed. If the guy had argued his career more and played down Jones' career and skills, it wouldn't have hurt his reputation in the same way. It's not that difficult to angle either. DC won the most stacked heavyweight tournament ever, beating opponents with big size and experience advantages. He went undefeated in two of the all time biggest organizations in that weight class with wins over two former UFC heavyweight champions. He has beaten fighters who have held major world titles at welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight, heavyweight, and openweight. He is the only man to beat, let alone finish twice, Rumble reincarnate. Andre Arlovski couldn't even do in this the middle of his career resurgence from 2011-2015. He beat Alexander Gustafsson more decisively than Jones did. He was more accomplished in their similar background of wrestling by a long shot. He was on the right path calling Jones out for his out-of-competition problems, but there was so much more he could have said.
I AM NOT SAYING DC HAS DONE BETTER THAN JONES. I am also not saying that it would have been the high road, but the dude basically beta'd himself the fuck up, you might say it was his bread and beta. Matt Hughes lost to Dennis Hallman twice. Josh Barnett lost to Cro Cop three times. BJ Penn lost to Frankie Edgar 3 times. Chuck Liddell got finished twice by Rampage Jackson. Dan Henderson is 1-2 against Vitor Belfort. All of the losers in those head-to-head matchups are either considered better than their foes or at least still have plenty of people arguing that they are better. This is because they went on to accomplish OTHER THINGS than their opponents did (or already had). It is also because they didn't go around saying that they weren't as good as guys who beat them. In word and in action, they didn't make their careers about their losses. DC could have saved so much face if he had a different tune. He could still save face if he changes his tune. I hope he fights some more heavyweights, even if he doesn't permanently go back. I hope he considers competing in Metamoris or ADCC. Calling out middleweights to fight him at Franklinweight would be acceptable to me. I just really hope he lets the Jones thing alone. There is so much left to do.

Are you retarded or a troll? Members have repeatedly asked you to do this simple thing:

You would think that getting beat twice by Jon Jones is the reason that Daniel Cormier is considered 2nd
best in the UFC, and you would mostly be right. I can't help but feel like DC has perpetuated the problem beyond anything it ever would have been. Putting Jones on that pedestal and publicly declaring him the greatest and his only goal, it left him at such a great deficit in the eyes of fans when he failed. If the guy
had argued his career more and played down Jones' career and skills, it wouldn't have hurt his reputation in the same way. It's not that difficult to angle either;

DC won the most stacked heavyweight tournament ever, beating opponents with big size and experience
advantages. He went undefeated in two of the all time biggest organizations in that weight class with wins over two former UFC heavyweight champions. He has beaten fighters who have held major world titles at welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight, heavyweight, and openweight. He is the only man to beat, let alone finish twice, Rumble reincarnate. Andre Arlovski couldn't even do in this the middle of his career resurgence from 2011-2015. He beat Alexander Gustafsson more decisively than Jones did. He was more accomplished in their similar background of wrestling by a long shot. He was on the right path calling Jones out for his out-of-competition problems, but there was so much more he could have said.

I AM NOT SAYING DC HAS DONE BETTER THAN JONES. I am also not saying that it would have been the
high road, but the dude basically beta'd himself the fuck up, you might say it was his bread and beta. Matt Hughes lost to Dennis Hallman twice. Josh Barnett lost to Cro Cop three times. BJ Penn lost to Frankie Edgar 3 times. Chuck Liddell got finished twice by Rampage Jackson. Dan Henderson is 1-2 against Vitor Belfort. All of the losers in those head-to-head matchups are either considered better than their foes or at least still have plenty of people arguing that they are better. This is because they went on to accomplish OTHER THINGS than their opponents did (or already had). It is also because they didn't go around saying that they weren't as good as guys who beat them. In word and in action, they didn't make their careers
about their losses.

DC could have saved so much face if he had a different tune. He could still save face if he changes his tune. I hope he fights some more heavyweights, even if he doesn't permanently go back. I hope he considers competing in Metamoris or ADCC. Calling out middleweights to fight him at Franklinweight would be acceptable to me. I just really hope he lets the Jones thing alone. There is so much left to do

Back