Has DC hurt his legacy more than Jones?

Had he downplayed what Jones has accomplished then everyone would have said he was kidding himself. He said what a lot of people already believe, that Jones is the greatest, and lost twice to a person that a lot of people, again, believe is the greatest. GOAT or not, Jones is a special fighter and there really isn't any reason to hang your head over losing to him. Everyone loses to him.

After watching the MMA hour yesterday DC backpedaled on a bunch of shit he had said in the past. He has been told he was winning that fight and only made that small mistake of dipping his head. He believes he can beat Jones still but I think that was gonna be his best shot at it. If they fight a 3rd time Jones makes it look even easier imo. Who the fuck is DC kidding. Not only that but he said he wasn't gonna be able to look past all the shit that was talked and squash it once and for all but if we look back at the history between these two DC was the one who was woofing the most shit.

I just have a hard time liking a guy who is such a try hard in making people believe he is a great guy but yet to make himself look good does nothing but kick a guy while he's down to make himself look better. "Why are the fans booing me?"-DC

You wouldn't have to change a thing man express a thought indent/paragraph move on to the next part. If you've been here as as long as you say you've been then you should already know the average Sherdogger as the attention span of gnat.

If you got something real to say make it concise & clear and if you know it's gonna be long give them a break with paragraph. People will read a laid outpost, but a wall of text usually gets memes & funny gifs of "Did not read"...
You aren't wrong about Sherdog, but Sherdog is wrong about what should be an acceptable length for a read. It just wouldn't have broken up right without vast change. I didn't want to say more. I could grab any book in my house and find hundreds of examples of longer paragraphs. Paragraphs aren't even required by the syntax of many languages for Christ's sake. Have you ever read poetry? You have been kind in expressing yourself. It's something most people don't afford me. I just won't compromise what I consider acceptable writing because 95% of the forum like things in Tweet sized proportions. I really only post for the 5% who can set all things aside and talk MMA.

After watching the MMA hour yesterday DC backpedaled on a bunch of shit he had said in the past. He has been told he was winning that fight and only made that small mistake of dipping his head. He believes he can beat Jones still but I think that was gonna be his best shot at it. If they fight a 3rd time Jones makes it look even easier imo. Who the fuck is DC kidding. Not only that but he said he wasn't gonna be able to look past all the shit that was talked and squash it once and for all but if we look back at the history between these two DC was the one who was woofing the most shit.

I just have a hard time liking a guy who is such a try hard in making people believe he is a great guy but yet to make himself look good does nothing but kick a guy while he's down to make himself look better. "Why are the fans booing me?"-DC

maybe he works on his baaaad striking defense? lets wait
<{1-69}>

It's good that you don't hold it against him for crying afterwards.
There's no real issue with DC crying. It's more the way DC looked crying as he didn't look like a grown up <mma1> I'm not even sure what this is<DCrying>It's the mma virsion of crying Jordan <2>which is just as popular to make fun of as Shadface <mma2>

Or, jones is able to cut enough weight that he is guaranteed to be the biggest fighter in the division so "coaching" him is easy. Look at how closely contested both fights were yet jones dwarfs DC in size. People can talk about skill, all they want to, but if fighter "A" can punch or eyepoke from a distance that fighter "B" can't even reach with a kick, fighter "A" has got a lot of "skill" on his side.
Physical blessings aside, Jones is a skilled athlete, from a family of skilled athletes. It is what it is.

Dude as one of the people who actually read it I have to say @Arm Barbarian and @paynebringer are 100% correct. I actually felt like I deserved some sort of prize or something for tackling it. At the end of the day not everybody makes it up Everest.[/QUOTE
I don't know what to say to you. It was 2 lenthy paragraphs.. Does no one on this site read books? poetry? articles not about punching shit? jesus fucking Christ.

D.C. Got dropped by Gus and won it by a split decision.

Jones won unanimously and he won less decisively? Lol, log off of sherdog from time to time.

Split... unanimous... do you live on wikipedia?

Cormier beat Gustafsson. Gustafsson beat Jones.

Quit browsing wikipedia and start watching fights.

maybe he works on his baaaad striking defense? lets wait
<{1-69}>

Let's be honest, Jones wasn't near as good as he's gonna be coming off that long ass lay off x's 2. If he stays active he hasn't even reached his true full potential and that's just being real. DC has nothing for him, DC relies on being able to take guys down and wear them out. He can't take Jones down, he can't wear Jones out and anything he does in training isn't going to put him over that hump cuz Jones is just getting better and better.

You aren't wrong about Sherdog, but Sherdog is wrong about what should be an acceptable length for a read. It just wouldn't have broken up right without vast change. I didn't want to say more. I could grab any book in my house and find hundreds of examples of longer paragraphs. Paragraphs aren't even required by the syntax of many languages for Christ's sake. Have you ever read poetry? You have been kind in expressing yourself. It's something most people don't afford me. I just won't compromise what I consider acceptable writing because 95% of the forum like things in Tweet sized proportions. I really only post for the 5% who can set all things aside and talk MMA.

GIF-defeat-defeated-disappointed-done-facepalm-give-up-had-enough-GIF.gif
Alright my man your thread, do what you like just giving thought...

I agree. Talked it up way too much. Turned it into a do or die thing and put a shitload of extra unnecessary pressure on himself.

I didn't read it, but I'll still chime in. I think Jones hurt his career far more than DC. DC lost the Belt, but Jones got stripped of his, and had to sit out while DC racked up wins. Seems pretty clear cut to me...

Having said that, I think if Jones goes on an Epic run he'll redeem himself and all that other stuff will be a footnote.
So considering what you said no fighter can take the belt away from Jones, but Jones definitely take it away from DC. DC's legacy isn't hurt it just sits below Jones.

Let's be honest, Jones wasn't near as good as he's gonna be coming off that long ass lay off x's 2. If he stays active he hasn't even reached his true full potential and that's just being real. DC has nothing for him, DC relies on being able to take guys down and wear them out. He can't take Jones down, he can't wear Jones out and anything he does in training isn't going to put him over that hump cuz Jones is just getting better and better.

lol i love how every1 mentioned the "lay off", but no one did say a shit about his 9 months (gus and i think it was also against silva). what he should change, which you could see since day 1, is his baaaaaaaaaaaaad, i mean really baaaaaad striking defense - hes like a punching bag ... i understand that he could do this when he was younger, but damn.

I don't know what to say to you. It was 2 lenthy paragraphs.. Does no one on this site read books? poetry? articles not about punching shit? jesus fucking Christ.
Forget books 10 words in I've already finished saying I read your post. I've also ready your reply to the others. I don't agree that you could not make it easier to read if you wanted. It's funny that you bring up books because novelists constantly break the rules that are laid out to us in English class. Poetry is broken into each separate thought and an article would never be published if it's not laid out in a manner that is easy to read.
I get that you are a butcher, but that shouldn't mean that you ignore or get upset if someone gives you writing advice.
You can be good at 2 things.

Split... unanimous... do you live on wikipedia?

Cormier beat Gustafsson. Gustafsson beat Jones.

Quit browsing wikipedia and start watching fights.

Lol, "facts? Reality? This is sherdog, moron!"

Haha, you tool. Literally only dumb shit shertards pretend that Gus won. Get your opinions from places other than shertard memes.

Jones 2,3,4, and 5. The borker was left to cry after losing, which is his natural place.

Forget books 10 words in I've already finished saying I read your post. I've also ready your reply to the others. I don't agree that you could not make it easier to read if you wanted. It's funny that you bring up books because novelists constantly break the rules that are laid out to us in English class. Poetry is broken into each separate thought and an article would never be published if it's not laid out in a manner that is easy to read.
I get that you are a butcher, but that shouldn't mean that you ignore or get upset if someone gives you writing advice.
You can be good at 2 things.
It wasn't perfect. Like I said, with what I had written, it wouldn't have broken up well unless I expounded further. smaller doesn't equal better if it isn't complete. I would have had to expound further..... I wasn't writing an essay. People bitch about any wall of text on this site. Just stick to the shoops and jokes. My writing will improve/ has improved, no thanks to shyster advice from this forum. I can at least admit I have room to grow. No one here, including you, has the stones to admit it's a little pathetic to struggle reading 2 paragraphs when they would prefer 3 or 4. http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/shoopville.94/

You do realize that the only difference between a straight man and a gay man is the sexual preference? You don't see my avatar with a catch phrase of "I like vagina" do you? Keep your :eek::eek::eek:ot preferences to yourself and I will keep my straight ones to myself. It is a fight forum, so does it matter if you suck penis? NO! So keep it off of the forum. Tolerance goes both ways.

Physical blessings aside, Jones is a skilled athlete, from a family of skilled athletes. It is what it is.
If he is so "skilled" then why does he have to cut weight to fight smaller fighters? He obviously doesn't believe in his "skills" as much as you do.

Back