Has DC hurt his legacy more than Jones?

Correct fight outcomes? Facts?
Lol, quit going to Wikipedia, kid. Just make up a new reality, like that guy.

So you are attempting to assert it is a fact Jones lost that fight? Is that correct? That is like saying don't look up the fact that Star Wars is the number one movie of all time because I say titanic is LOL. What the fuck are you talking about?

So you are attempting to assert it is a fact Jones lost that fight? Is that correct? That is like saying don't look up the fact that Star Wars is the number one movie of all time because I say titanic is LOL. What the fuck are you talking about?
I'm making fun of the guy that you quoted.

Not worsened by the way he talked about the fight? at all?
DC lost via brutal finish, nothing he said before the fight matters in any way.
He stated the obvious, Jon is the preeminent fighter at 205. If he said otherwise and won, then he would have seemingly diminished his own victory. Sure he could have talked himself up more in the lead up to the fight, in the end it just didn't matter what he said.

I disagree. DC acknowledged jones as the great that he is doesn't take away from his career, but he would have looked foolish if he tried to act like jones wasn't that good yet he had already lost to him and then he would go on to lose to him again (getting finished too).

He has had a good career but I wouldn't exactly be thinking about his legacy. He won the tile when the guy he couldn't beat was absent from MMA due to non-fight related reasons. He lost the title as soon as Jones came back. That's pretty much the long and short of it. He's in the top five all time of light heavyweights (if you're just including the UFC) and that's pretty good. Especially for one who started his career so late.

I'm not reading that wall of text. Format your posts. Its 2017, fuck.
D.C is one of the GOATs. His place, debatable. He didn't hurt that.

You have yet to say anything interesting, clever, or that indicates you have anything logical to say at all. But you've already stooped to name calling, which doesn't suggest that you're very good at the game you're trying to play. I'm just keeping it real. PM me for some advice on how to win at the game, and I will oblige and probably send you dick pics as well.

Bobby I had to twist the cap off of this fool on a few occasions, tried to come off as some intellect but he don't know sh!t about fighting or life, and then tried play the dis game with me... Which he just f*king sucks at actually he's just God Damn awful at. I just don't bother with his limping lame ass. If you not a Connie you not a TrueFightFan to him, I think he's angry sexually frustrated 15yr old.

Are you retarded or a troll? Members have repeatedly asked you to do this simple thing:

You would think that getting beat twice by Jon Jones is the reason that Daniel Cormier is considered 2nd
best in the UFC, and you would mostly be right. I can't help but feel like DC has perpetuated the problem beyond anything it ever would have been. Putting Jones on that pedestal and publicly declaring him the greatest and his only goal, it left him at such a great deficit in the eyes of fans when he failed. If the guy
had argued his career more and played down Jones' career and skills, it wouldn't have hurt his reputation in the same way. It's not that difficult to angle either;

DC won the most stacked heavyweight tournament ever, beating opponents with big size and experience
advantages. He went undefeated in two of the all time biggest organizations in that weight class with wins over two former UFC heavyweight champions. He has beaten fighters who have held major world titles at welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight, heavyweight, and openweight. He is the only man to beat, let alone finish twice, Rumble reincarnate. Andre Arlovski couldn't even do in this the middle of his career resurgence from 2011-2015. He beat Alexander Gustafsson more decisively than Jones did. He was more accomplished in their similar background of wrestling by a long shot. He was on the right path calling Jones out for his out-of-competition problems, but there was so much more he could have said.

I AM NOT SAYING DC HAS DONE BETTER THAN JONES. I am also not saying that it would have been the
high road, but the dude basically beta'd himself the fuck up, you might say it was his bread and beta. Matt Hughes lost to Dennis Hallman twice. Josh Barnett lost to Cro Cop three times. BJ Penn lost to Frankie Edgar 3 times. Chuck Liddell got finished twice by Rampage Jackson. Dan Henderson is 1-2 against Vitor Belfort. All of the losers in those head-to-head matchups are either considered better than their foes or at least still have plenty of people arguing that they are better. This is because they went on to accomplish OTHER THINGS than their opponents did (or already had). It is also because they didn't go around saying that they weren't as good as guys who beat them. In word and in action, they didn't make their careers
about their losses.

DC could have saved so much face if he had a different tune. He could still save face if he changes his tune. I hope he fights some more heavyweights, even if he doesn't permanently go back. I hope he considers competing in Metamoris or ADCC. Calling out middleweights to fight him at Franklinweight would be acceptable to me. I just really hope he lets the Jones thing alone. There is so much left to do

This ^^^ I read...

All joking aside. If you have two, equally skilled fighters, size will play a huge factor in the outcome of the fight. The fact that Cormier was able to keep both fights extremely competitive is a testetestament to jones size being his advantage more so than his skills. If he was as skilled as Cormier, he would have absolutely destroyed him and it wouldn't have been a back and forth battle. In my opinion, Cormier' s skills are far greater than jones' but jones' size was something he could not overcome. Brock Lesnar did not beat Couture because of his tremendous skills and jones may very well be a more versatile"Lesnar" in the light heavy weight division. Hell for that matter, he may be the Hong Man Choi with some skills of his division. Is that a more clear rebuttal for You? Is that enough to get you to stop threatening me with dick pics, you queer?
No.

Your long winded excuse again shows you have nothing to say.

JBJ has better stand up than DC. He has better MMA wrestling.

Therefore, your claim that DC is more skilled than JBJ is laughable.

You sir, are a Shertard of the highest order.
By replying to facts with opinions exposes your bias. My opinion, that it takes greater skill for a smaller man to compete with a larger man, is shared by most anyone who understands combat sports. The fact that several smaller fighters have managed to go the distance with jones shows great skill on their part. The fact that jones has gone the distance with the guys close to his size, shows his lack of skill. Is Lesnar a more skilled MMA fighter than Couture or Mir? A resounding HELL NO but it proves my point and may very well show you to be "dumber than an onion."

If jones' and Cormier's boxing skills were even similar, then Cormier should never have been able to land the bombs on jones that he did. If jones wrestling was superior, he should have been able to take Cormier down easily and at will but he couldn't. They were about even in the takedowns and takedown defenses. Also, when he was able to take Cormier down, he was not able to hold him down for any significant amount of time. jones is much bigger so for Cormier to negate jones' attacks, he has to be better than jones in each department. For a simpleton, like yourself, it means that if they were both of equal skill or jones was better, then Cormier should never have been able to even punch him once, let alone land the multiple flurries he was able to in both fights. Size often trumps skill but skill and size are almost unstoppable and jones does posses skill, just not as skillfull as Cormier.

Also, you seem to be offended by comments I made to your gay buddy... don't be. He can "take it like a man."

By replying to facts with opinions exposes your bias. My opinion, that it takes greater skill for a smaller man to compete with a larger man, is shared by most anyone who understands combat sports. The fact that several smaller fighters have managed to go the distance with jones shows great skill on their part. The fact that jones has gone the distance with the guys close to his size, shows his lack of skill. Is Lesnar a more skilled MMA fighter than Couture or Mir? A resounding HELL NO but it proves my point and may very well show you to be "dumber than an onion."

If jones' and Cormier's boxing skills were even similar, then Cormier should never have been able to land the bombs on jones that he did. If jones wrestling was superior, he should have been able to take Cormier down easily and at will but he couldn't. They were about even in the takedowns and takedown defenses. Also, when he was able to take Cormier down, he was not able to hold him down for any significant amount of time. jones is much bigger so for Cormier to negate jones' attacks, he has to be better than jones in each department. For a simpleton, like yourself, it means that if they were both of equal skill or jones was better, then Cormier should never have been able to even punch him once, let alone land the multiple flurries he was able to in both fights. Size often trumps skill but skill and size are almost unstoppable and jones does posses skill, just not as skillfull as Cormier.

Also, you seem to be offended by comments I made to your gay buddy... don't be. He can "take it like a man."

You are so owned. Why not write another novella saying nothing?

By your standard Ali had less skill than Joe Frazier because Joe was smaller and was able to hit Ali. Leonard had less skill than Duran, because Duran was smaller and could land on Ray.

OK buddy.

Bobby I had to twist the cap off of this fool on a few occasions, tried to come off as some intellect but he don't know sh!t about fighting or life, and then tried play the dis game with me... Which he just f*king sucks at actually he's just God Damn awful at. I just don't bother with his limping lame ass. If you not a Connie you not a TrueFightFan to him, I think he's angry sexually frustrated 15yr old.
This from the moron who actually types "dis and dat" for "this and that." Payne go back to your virtual gorilla and make out with your jones posters. Don't make me "twist a cap." Geez, mud.

You are so owned. Why not write another novella saying nothing?

By your standard Ali had less skill than Joe Frazier because Joe was smaller and was able to hit Ali. Leonard had less skill than Duran, because Duran was smaller and could land on Ray.

OK buddy.
You are actually making my point for me with those examples. Invasion of the morons?

You are actually making my point for me with those examples. Invasion of the morons?

You think Smokin' Joe had more skill than Ali? You are an idiot.

You think Duran had more skill than Leonard? You are an idiot.

You are just like your hero DC: A LOSER.

Now you are proving my point in regards to you being a moron... Frazier BEAT Ali and Duran BEAT Sugar Ray in their first fights. Their Trilogies were all competitive. For a smaller fighter to accomplish that against a bigger fighter takes more skill.

Now you are proving my point in regards to you being a moron... Frazier BEAT Ali and Duran BEAT Sugar Ray in their first fights. Their Trilogies were all competitive. For a smaller fighter to accomplish that against a bigger fighter takes more skill.

You mistake the ability to take punishment for skill.

For anyone who follows combat sports to claim, as you do, that Joe Frazier was more skilled than Muhammed Ali shows themselves to be an imbecile.

Congratulations.

What legacy

He's beaten Bigfoot, Barnett, a barista, and a WW and robbed gus

This from the moron who actually types "dis and dat" for "this and that." Payne go back to your virtual gorilla and make out with your jones posters. Don't make me "twist a cap." Geez, mud.

Dude you getting beat & beat & bumped around here, you just not good at this. Now you trying to bite my lines to pump up your flat game? Go back to playing with your imaginary dog I had you messing with the last time you tried to tussle with me.

You mistake the ability to take punishment for skill.

For anyone who follows combat sports to claim, as you do, that Joe Frazier was more skilled than Muhammed Ali shows themselves to be an imbecile.

Congratulations.
So Frazier BEAT Ali by being a short punching bag, ala Homer Simpson style? And you think I'm the imbecile?

Dude you getting beat & beat & bumped around here, you just not good at this. Now you trying to bite my lines to pump up your flat game? Go back to playing with your imaginary dog I had you messing with the last time you tried to tussle with me.
I was making fun of your "twist a cap" and fake ghetto lingo. You talk weak, you type weak, you think weak... sorry Payne... grammar might not be your thing but, unfortunately for you, neither is the fight game.

Back