Has anyone else seen this GSP E-mail drug testing controversy?

I would ask what they test for obviously so I didn't take it. Asking about the process, dates, and labs was shady imo though. I heard he's gonna do both now or whatever so it like...whatever

This whole thing seems so corrupt.

It's just pissing in a cup, get it done for the love of god.

I hope they don't add Riddum to the list of banned substances

I would ask what they test for obviously so I didn't take it. Asking about the process, dates, and labs was shady imo though. I heard he's gonna do both now or whatever so it like...whatever

From what I get, GSP was going to do two tests at the same time. He is doing the VADA test and would have done the test Hendricks wanted to do! Two tests when one is already very invasive.

If I already had someone calling me between 6am and 10pm (not sure of the right time), I would want to make sure about the process of that second test.

TWO RANDOM TESTS!

I just hope he can concentrate on the fight. It's a shitty move from Hendricks to let GSP do the test alone.

I'm a bit on the fence. GSP is probably clean but his "curiosity" is a bit weird.

Maybe they want to know if there is anything VADA tests for that WADA doesnt to see why Hendricks really bailed on VADA? They are the exact same test though...

This whole thing seems so corrupt.

It's just pissing in a cup, get it done for the love of god.

Are you kidding? It's people coming to take blood from you randomly in the morning or at night. MacDonald said the process was a chore and he couldn't concentrate as much on his training. They were waking him up to come get samples.

Maybe they want to know if there is anything VADA tests for that WADA doesnt to see why Hendricks really bailed on VADA? They are the exact same test though...

Sketchy that the most ripped guy in the company with protruding abs who goes 5 rounds every fight and never runs out of gas specifically asked about HGH and EPO. Not saying he's on anything but why those 2 specifically?

The whole thing is super sketchy on GSPs part imo. No wonder Johny Hendricks hasn't signed up yet

In b4 Nick Diaz looks like a fcking genius and GSP is actually caught on steroids and has just been equally genius about getting away with it.

Lol, I love how many Sherdoggers think asking for the details is suspicious. It explains so many of the posts on this site.

Asking questions is not sketchy in any way shape or form.

There have been circumstances in the past where athletes have tested positive for a substance that was found in off the shelf allergy medications and such. Seeking information is something that should be encouraged not frowned upon.

GSP is not just an athlete any more. He is a brand. His reputation and the money staked on that is big business for him and many people around him including sponsors. His legal inquires are most likely a legitimate attempt to ensure that this out in the open testing does not backfire due to an overlooked detail and topple a multi-million dollar franchise.

Good point. This is how drug tests work anyways. Someone says hey, random drug tests here. You say that's cool but I'm going to need to know the time, date, and location. Also a list of what I'm going to be tested for please. People would accept that , it's just being thorough.

Whatever, I thought GSP was clean, then these questions made him seem dirty, and his agreeing to any testing makes me think he's clean again and his management team are a group of idiots.

Good point. This is how drug tests work anyways. Someone says hey, random drug tests here. You say that's cool but I'm going to need to know the time, date, and location. Also a list of what I'm going to be tested for please. People would accept that , it's just being thorough.

Whatever, I thought GSP was clean, then these questions made him seem dirty, and his agreeing to any testing makes me think he's clean again and his management team are a group of idiots.

I don't think they're idiots, they just are doing their job. Who was that fighter that popped for some over-the-counter cold medicine after the UFC in China? (Or was it Japan) I bet he wishes his management asked WTF he would be tested for.

edit: Either way, he's doing BOTH tests so it is all a moot point and this thread is /.

So GSP will be dong two tests and Hendrick zero?

GSP shouldn't have gone in this without Hendricks, he is giving Hendricks an advantage.

Nothing wrong with GSP's camp being thorough and asking questions up front - it's a HELL of a lot better than going into something blindly.

Back