Has anyone else seen this GSP E-mail drug testing controversy?

Like I said you are being a twit and troll.

Of course the athletes have to take ultimate responsibility for every contract they sign and every thing they do.

Athletes, Actors, Musicians, have all been taken advantage of by Lawyers, Managers, Financial planners, who are incompetent and down right scummy for decades on everything from real estate purchases to any area of their lives you can look at including testing.

It is moronic for you or any outsider however to criticize any athlete on and SPECIFIC area that they might choose to TRUST an advisor to do the diligence for them for.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing your TRUSTED advisors to do all the leg work, and report to you rather then YOU DOING the leg work yourself. There IS NOTHING WRONG with GSP saying to his lawyer and manager 'you call WADA and figure it out and let me know' rather then him making the call himself.

Anyone can sit in judgement and say 'oh GSP should make that call himself...he should read that contract himself...he should not trust because this is important', but that just makes you a twit of a arm chair quarterback because while you are right, that he could do it himself, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a TRUSTED advisor do that leg work for you, if you trust that person to get all the info and do it right.

Last time I respond to you seriously. We have been going in circles for a while now and its about time it stopped.

Arm chair quarter back lol. Alright pal, It's been fun. I've been in high level sports for several years and I'm getting ready for an AM MMA debut so I have an idea what coaches and representatives do for you and what level of knowledge and responsibility the athlete should adhere to.

I am nowhere near GSP's universe with the things he has going on and accomplished, but I'm constantly tested, I have coaches who handle my paper work and follow up with me for everything, and I have trainers that make sure I keep the right shit in my system and the wrong stuff out. Any athlete should have an idea to look out for. The End. At the end of the day you have to have an idea what these people are actually doing signing your name and making discoveries for you. ENOUGH SAID. But no, I'm blaming GSP since the white knights take everything personally when someone even gives an opinion on something, its bashing their little idol. You guys really have an answer for everything. IDC if it was my favorite fighter or a new AM, I would say the same thing. In no way am I bashing anyone.

Plenty of other high level athletes on this board, go gather their opinions and maybe you will change your views and realize who the real twit is. I've been competing since I was three years old and I'm in my last little run in Uni, with a constant salvation that one day I'll be an Olympic competitor. I know what I'm talking about as I've met 1000s of athletes who live the same way and more.

I'm done with our little squabble in this thread. Maybe we can do it again sometime in another. Best of luck to you friend. I have nothing against you whatsoever but this isn't going anywhere.

Looks like thats about true for 99.9% of us...Thanks for trying to be witty. I'm on my way though, hope you are as well.

The point being unless you are at GSP's level (you admitted yourself you aren't) then odds are your coach, lawyers, trainers, etc are not on the level of GSP's.
You also don't have the media commitments GSP does.
You also don't have sponsor commitments like GSP does.
Etc etc etc.

He HIRES people to do these things and to tell him what he NEEDS to know so he can concentrate on his training and other commitments.

Looks like thats about true for 99.9% of us...Thanks for trying to be witty. I'm on my way though, hope you are as well.

Actually it's true for 99.9999999% of us (and that is the actual number of decimals). Although I would argue it's true for 100% of us since I don't think anyone has accomplished what GSP has. I do think there's a good argument for a few people though. Which is part of the reason the unreasonable single minded hate GSP gets on Sherdog is mindboggling. Not only is GSP the arguable p4p GOAT, he is also arguably the classiest fighter of all time (amoung top fighters) in all of MMA if not all combat sports.

HAHAHAHA

"Being thorough"?

Sherdog is so ridiculously naive it's hilarious

You'd be a fool to not ask what you are going to be tested on given the stakes. Olympic athletes have lost medals over taking drugs for other ailments that had a substance that was banned.

In Hendricks case... I think he's being foolish. But i don't think he's guilty of anything. if anything, it shows just how uneducated some of these management teams are.

I'm more concerned that JH and his camp doesn't have their eye on the ball.

The point being unless you are at GSP's level (you admitted yourself you aren't) then odds are your coach, lawyers, trainers, etc are not on the level of GSP's.
You also don't have the media commitments GSP does.
You also don't have sponsor commitments like GSP does.
Etc etc etc.

He HIRES people to do these things and to tell him what he NEEDS to know so he can concentrate on his training and other commitments.

You do realize though, that hiring people to do stuff for you in no way takes the responsability of their actions from your shoulders, right?

That is why it does not matter if it was Phil Nurse that rubbed the vaseline on GSP, or Soares that gave embarassing statements that make Anderson look bad, it's the fighter's fault. Don't be naive.

no way around it, this is shining an pretty shady light on GSP and his guys

He is not being witty, he is being accurate. Your posts continue to be stupid.

Every individual has the right to choose how much they trust an advisor and no twit second guesser should sit on the sideline and say 'he should not trust his manager and lawyer to ask questions of Vada, Wada or any other topic'.

That is the worst type of arm chair quarterbacking and second guessing.

he has every right to trust his manager and lawyer to get that information and you pointing to examples where others have done it themselves or where that trust has gone bad does not in any way mean it is wrong for GSP to do that.

You do realize though, that hiring people to do stuff for you in no way takes the responsability of their actions from your shoulders, right?

That is why it does not matter if it was Phil Nurse that rubbed the vaseline on GSP, or Soares that gave embarassing statements that make Anderson look bad, it's the fighter's fault. Don't be naive.

I certainly do not think anyone is suggesting that GSP is not ultimately responsible. I don't think the person you were replying to implied that.

The issue we are addressing with that guy is him saying it is wrong for GSP to use and trust his advisors to ask that type of thing, since GSP is, as you ultimately say responsible, and therefore he is arguing GSP should ask those questions himself.

That is wrong and dumb. There is nothing wrong with GSP using trusted advisors as long as he knows ultimately the buck stops with him.

I see nothing na

any time that a fighter or his camp are interested in the specifics of drug testing procedures i can't help but assume there is something shady going on....i.e. manny pacquiao

I certainly do not think anyone is suggesting that GSP is not ultimately responsible. I don't think the person you were replying to implied that.

The issue we are addressing with that guy is him saying it is wrong for GSP to use and trust his advisors to ask that type of thing, since GSP is, as you ultimately say responsible, and therefore he is arguing GSP should ask those questions himself.

That is wrong and dumb.
There is nothing wrong with GSP using trusted advisors as long as he knows ultimately the buck stops with him.

I see nothing na

lol.gif

lol pretty much. If anyone isn't praising GSP, he says it's dumb and "hate".

no way around it, this is shining an pretty shady light on GSP and his guys

How exactly? He's doing VADA testing. He would do WADA testing that Hendricks wanted (then declined to do).
Yeah so shady when you say you'll do whatever testing, and pay for it, the other guy wants.

No it's "dumb" and "hate" when GSP does VADA, agrees to WADA until Hendricks changes his mind and doesn't do it, and GSP is "shady" somehow.

lol. You've turned yourself into a clown and troll.

This has nothing to do with praise.

He is saying that since GSP is ultimately responsible for his testing (which no one disagrees with) he is wrong to trust his lawyer and manager to ask the questions of the agency and he should do so himself. He tries to back up that position by pointing to mistakes or negligence done by other managers/lawyers.

That is stupid. it is a petty and non-sensical criticism.

Every big time fighter/entertainer whether GSP or ANderson will trust certain managers/lawyers to do diligence for them. They will also own any issues that arise from that trust. For us outsiders to think we know what they should or should not trust their advisors to do and to level criticism at them as if we have the proper insights is stupid.

His lawyer sent an email saying he was ok with doing it, but he would be unreachable for the next 10 days by any means. So, its possible he was traveling to Mars. Either way, it pissed off and irritated the executive director of the most important licensing body in all of combat sports worldwide. So much so that he released all these emails.

This was a gaffe on part of Georges handlers. Not Georges - I think he's far removed from such things and was only interested in going above and beyond to prove he's a clean athlete.

If you don't see it as a goof on behalf of his handlers, fine. Keith Kizer did though, and his opinion is more important than all of ours in such matters.

keith kizer is a big idiot according to john mccarthy

mccarthy's opinion of the sport of mma is much more credible than that of keith kizer

where's your rustled hero kizer now?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/2...h-kizer-if-hes-in-charge-if-hes-the-executive

keith kizer is a big idiot according to john mccarthy

mccarthy's opinion of the sport of mma is much more credible than that of keith kizer

where's your rustled hero kizer now?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/2...h-kizer-if-hes-in-charge-if-hes-the-executive

I have posted numerous lies Kizer has been caught in.
Here is a lie from Kizer.

That pressure is something that Kizer claims exists as he says he was informed of it by MMA Junkie's Stephen Marrocco.

SB Nation spoke to Margaret Goodman, VADA president, via email and asked if there was any truth to the idea of "VADA forces" pressuring the media.
"Of course not. VADA forces?? I don't even know what that means.

In addition, SB Nation spoke to Marrocco to ask for confirmation that he told Kizer of this effort from "VADA forces" to manipulate the media. Marrocco said that he never said anything of the nature; he had simply spoken to Kizer and asked for details on the situation on a general level.

Back