International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel hits 'Hezbollah target' in southern Lebanon

The Israeli military says it has struck a "terrorist target" in southern Lebanon belonging to the Hezbollah militant group.

It says it acted after it intercepted two "unidentified targets" above the northern city of Haifa, which is close to the Lebanese border, and after an unidentified UAV (drone) crossed into northern Israel. An Israeli military drone was also fired upon, the Israelis say.

In recent days Israeli forces have exchanged rocket fire with Hezbollah.

Like Hamas, the Lebanese group has been designated a terrorist organisation by the UK, US and other countries.

Backed by Iran, it has a strong military and political presence in Lebanon, and wields considerable power in a country without a functioning government or president. In 2006, it fought a devastating war with Israel in which 1,200 people died.

From the video description:

"In June 1982, in response to an assassination attempt against Israel's ambassador to the UK (attributed to the PLO), Israel launched Operation Peace for Galilee. This was a full-scale invasion of Lebanon aimed at pushing PLO forces out of missile range of Israel's northern cities. Israeli forces encircled West Beirut where the PLO leadership and its main forces were headquartered. After weeks of bombing and negotiations, an agreement was reached for the PLO to evacuate its fighters from Lebanon. The evacuation was overseen by a multinational force."

Wonder if there might be a lesson here...

From the video description:

"In June 1982, in response to an assassination attempt against Israel's ambassador to the UK (attributed to the PLO), Israel launched Operation Peace for Galilee. This was a full-scale invasion of Lebanon aimed at pushing PLO forces out of missile range of Israel's northern cities. Israeli forces encircled West Beirut where the PLO leadership and its main forces were headquartered. After weeks of bombing and negotiations, an agreement was reached for the PLO to evacuate its fighters from Lebanon. The evacuation was overseen by a multinational force."

Wonder if there might be a lesson here...

I've mentioned Hoffman in another thread, his videos are pretty amazing. Saw this on my feed and definitely want to check it out.

Probably on-file DNA samples. Since every able-bodied Israeli citizen must serve in the military, they probably have the DNA on file.

How long would that DNA analysis take?

I'm reading 2 hours?

Do women and children count?

General question. I understand Gaza isn’t completely landlocked. I understand it shares a border with Egypt as well.

1. does the Gaza encasement wall also shut off the Egyptian Border?
2. How are arms smuggled in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back