Hall vs Belfort is OFF, Hall did not weigh in

This card was looking pretty good. Almost decided to go down there and get a ticket. Guess I’m better off staying home and watching it on tv.

There will be two fights left by the time this airs.

1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

I was planning on grabbing some beers and food and watching the whole card. Now I’m just gonna record it and watch the main and co-main.

I’ll read the play by play to see if there’s any finishes worth watching.

Yeah, the days of me pulling an all-nighter for UFC are behind me - 220, I'll do it with some narcotic assistance but no way I'm staying up all night for this card. I'll download the main card tomorrow and read the PBP to see how the prelims went down.

He was having a rough camp.

“Three weeks ago, my body shut down,” Hall told MMAjunkie three days in advance of his meeting with the soon-to-retire Belfort at UFC Fight Night 124, which takes place Sunday at Scottrade Center in St. Louis.

The challenges weren’t just physical. One of his coaches, Robert Follis, took his own life in the middle of camp. Like many fighters who trained at the famed Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, where Follis taught, Hall found himself grappling with profound loss at a time he was supposed to be ramping up for competition.

One day after that, one of Hall’s best friends passed away.
See, when that kind of stuff happens, it's in the fighter's best interest to let this all out well ahead of time. He felt this all several weeks ago, he told the media a couple days ago his heart wasn't in it, and yet other than that he seems to have just kept it to himself. You can't do that when you're a professional fighter, only for the day before the fight to say "nah". It's not fair to your opponent, the promotion, the fans, or yourself. Chances are, he knew well ahead of time he a) wouldn't be stepping on the scale, and 2) wasn't thinking about fighting. No shame in bowing out well in advance, but one day before, it's just harder to stomach.

There are people that can help him through it. I really hope he gets the help he needs. This sport is a grinder.

Injuries are not a factor in other major sports like they are in MMA, UFC especially.
And it is the second fight on the card/event.
How not significant?
And it’s coming right after the Whitaker announcement.
What are they supposed to do?

It's an individual sport. The eagles lost their breakout star QB in damn near the last week of the regular season. It's a part of the game, flat out. Can't be put on the UFC

Injuries are not a factor in other major sports like they are in MMA, UFC especially.
And it is the second fight on the card/event.
How not significant?
And it’s coming right after the Whitaker announcement.

Just let it go. You already showed your hand and we see you’re working with a GED level thought process. Carry on with your grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and be quiet young man.

Yeah, the days of me pulling an all-nighter for UFC are behind me - 220, I'll do it with some narcotic assistance but no way I'm staying up all night for this card. I'll download the main card tomorrow and read the PBP to see how the prelims went down.
Yeah you have it tougher than me, the main card starts at 10 pm here I think so I won’t be up later than 1-2. I would never pull an all nighter for this low quality event

See, when that kind of stuff happens, it's in the fighter's best interest to let this all out well ahead of time. He felt this all several weeks ago, he told the media a couple days ago his heart wasn't in it, and yet other than that he seems to have just kept it to himself. You can't do that when you're a professional fighter, only for the day before the fight to say "nah". It's not fair to your opponent, the promotion, the fans, or yourself. Chances are, he knew well ahead of time he a) wouldn't be stepping on the scale, and 2) wasn't thinking about fighting. No shame in bowing out well in advance, but one day before, it's just harder to stomach.

There are people that can help him through it. I really hope he gets the help he needs. This sport is a grinder.
Absolutely agree. And when I comes to Hall I've always felt his greatest weakness was the mental aspect of the sport.

No shame is talking to a sports psychologist.

Need more details I'm having a hard time believing Uriah couldn't make weight he's a year round lean fighter that doesn't seem to stray too far from fighting weight. Seems odd he of all people not being able to weigh-in..?

What are they supposed to do?

It's an individual sport. The eagles lost their breakout star QB in damn near the last week of the regular season. It's a part of the game, flat out. Can't be put on the UFC
It happens too much

Great news that fight should have been on the prelims anyway

Just let it go. You already showed your hand and we see you’re working with a GED level thought process. Carry on with your grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and be quiet young man.
Grocery shopping at Walmart? Really? That’s the best you got?

Haha at UFC trying to act like a legit sporting organization, with shit like this happening.
This has nothing to Do with ufc. Hall is solely to blame.

Absolutely agree. And when I comes to Hall I've always felt his greatest weakness was the mental aspect of the sport.

No shame is talking to a sports psychologist.

To me he comes across as over thinking his fights instead of just fighting and relying on your base instincts and training he over internalizes everything and thinks himself out of a fight he's a little too Nancy (emotional) for me at times...

This wouldn't ever catch on but I believe that fighters that withdraw from their fights the day before the fight should have a loss on their record by TKO (Forfeit). I know that could potentially make fighters force themselves to fight when they are otherwise unable, but this kind of thing just keeps happening and there's nothing anyone is doing to stop it other than a sharp tongue lashing from Dana and the boys.

You can’t force a guy to fight. Sometimes shit happens that they aren’t in control of.

Back