Hall vs Belfort is OFF, Hall did not weigh in

you know you are bad off when vitor has got it more together than you do

It’s a fucking joke this.

That’s two fights off this card now because of heavy weight cutting. At this point we’ve established that UFC aren’t bothered about potential health risks of weigh cutting, so maybe if more drop outs occur and it starts becoming a financial decision, we may see some action.

No.

It's two fights off the card because of two shitty weight cutters.

More regulation is never the answer.

Why are we pretending shit like this doesn't happen in all sports?

The fuck? Basketball baseball football soccer hockey? Can ANYONE point to even one major boxing main event that was cancelled due to weight cutting? And don't -even- equate weight cutting with normal training or actual participation injuries.

This cutting/cancelling phenomenon is absolutely currently exclusive to MMA.

Weight cutting strikes again. Only a matter of time before a weight cut kills one of the fighters and the UFC is forced to implement some limits at to how much weight can be cut 3 weeks out, 2 weeks out, 1 week out, etc.

That the UFC is stupid enough to not be proactive and institute a policy before an inevitable death happens is beyond me

Gonna make old man Vitor suffer though another weight cut for his real retirement fight?

I have four floor tickets....so yeah, a little bummed at the final roster of this one. Vitor was kind of a deciding factor for me.

Sorry man, sucks when it happens the day of or before.Its happened to me before also with fights I was excited to see.Nice to have floor seats though should be a good time.Maybe Vitor will be hanging around the floor..

Sorry man, sucks when it happens the day of or before.Its happened to me before also with fights I was excited to see.Nice to have floor seats though should be a good time.Maybe Vitor will be hanging around the floor..

That's what I'm hoping! We'll have a good time regardless and will meet plenty of fighters anyway. I don't want to complain too much because obviously Uriah's health is the main priority.

What's going to happen next week? Let me guess:

Stipe breaks his pinkie in practice. Jared Rosholt fills in for him and wins a boring decision against Francis. Volkan gets food poisoning and the DC fight is scrapped. Font and Alameda BOTH fail USADA tests

Another terrible card becomes even more unwatchable now, normal day at the office for the ufc.

It’s time for the ufc to regulate weight cutting better to avoid this and to start penalizing fighters who make it a habit of pulling out late. People pay good money to see certain fighters live, either fix the product or shut it down.

And another easy fix....less cards. I want quality not quantity.

With Johnson/Elkins replacing the fight it stays a good card.

Who's delusional?

You said if LeBron got hurt in the finals, ratings would plummet. Your words, not mine. If you're not clear, don't put it on others for not understanding whatever point it is you're trying to make.

In your example, the Cavs are already in the finals and LeBron was injured during the series. If his injury was bad enough to take him out for the series, television ratings might dip a little but not "plummet". The team's chances of winning takes a bigger hit than the television ratings.

Most fans of team sports watch for the teams not for the player. Your previous comment I referenced never specified the added effects of the Warriors popularity on a Cavs/Warriors finals, or the ratings impact on an NBA final where the Cavs aren't one of the teams involved.

Fans of the specific teams don't build ratings it's the casuals that do. LeBron brings casuals

Couldn't he have just missed weight and the fight continues?

I guess he got sick.

I can only think of one solution: height classes

If a guy your height has an advantage on you, too bad so sad. You need to bulk up and fight at your highest potential, your heaviest. If you can't bulk up, it's no different than ahving a short reach nowadays. It's just the roll of the dice.

3 days ago I thought this card was great. Taking a major hit here.

Fans of the specific teams don't build ratings it's the casuals that do. LeBron brings casuals

In continental North America, the only team sport where "casuals" actually have a legitimate and noticeable impact on TV ratings is the Super Bowl.

Back