Hall vs Belfort is OFF, Hall did not weigh in

This card is doomed

This card was looking pretty good. Almost decided to go down there and get a ticket. Guess I’m better off staying home and watching it on tv. To bad, Hall was one of the bigger draws for me.

Strange. Hall has never missed weight.

Had to have been an injury I'm guessing.
He was having a rough camp.

“Three weeks ago, my body shut down,” Hall told MMAjunkie three days in advance of his meeting with the soon-to-retire Belfort at UFC Fight Night 124, which takes place Sunday at Scottrade Center in St. Louis.

The challenges weren’t just physical. One of his coaches, Robert Follis, took his own life in the middle of camp. Like many fighters who trained at the famed Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, where Follis taught, Hall found himself grappling with profound loss at a time he was supposed to be ramping up for competition.

One day after that, one of Hall’s best friends passed away.

Damn it this was a good fight for Vitor to retire on a high note

Hall is slowly becoming one of my most disliked fighters.

He’s fucked up a number of my bets when he’s showed up not wanting to be in there.

Now he’s just not showing up!?!?! Fuck’s sake.

he has the curse of being good at something which happens to be extremely terrifying and dangerous. just goes to show you can have all the physical attributes but half of stepping inside that cage is 90% mental

He was having a rough camp.

“Three weeks ago, my body shut down,” Hall told MMAjunkie three days in advance of his meeting with the soon-to-retire Belfort at UFC Fight Night 124, which takes place Sunday at Scottrade Center in St. Louis.

The challenges weren’t just physical. One of his coaches, Robert Follis, took his own life in the middle of camp. Like many fighters who trained at the famed Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, where Follis taught, Hall found himself grappling with profound loss at a time he was supposed to be ramping up for competition.

One day after that, one of Hall’s best friends passed away.

didn't know he was affected by what happened with follis. pretty sure i'd find that a bit distracting too

Vitor deserves better.

Bisping vs Vitor for London.

He had mental problem during this camp, crying, calling family etc. He's out of it in his head. Said that during Jotko fight he wanted to quit

That was gonna be fun. Apart from the main event and Usman vs. Meek, I'm struggling to think of any reason to download this tomorrow. Way too many WMMA fights on the card in general and two of the better fights have fallen through in 24hrs.
I was planning on grabbing some beers and food and watching the whole card. Now I’m just gonna record it and watch the main and co-main.

I’ll read the play by play to see if there’s any finishes worth watching.

{<huh}

I'd ask you to elaborate if I wasn't sure you were talking out of your ass

Not only are injuries part of the sport, this fight is completely insignificant
Injuries are not a factor in other major sports like they are in MMA, UFC especially.
And it is the second fight on the card/event.
How not significant?
And it’s coming right after the Whitaker announcement.

Bisping vs. Vitor double retirement match in London?

{<huh}

I'd ask you to elaborate if I wasn't sure you were talking out of your ass

Not only are injuries part of the sport, this fight is completely insignificant

bet 4000 hall would not make it to weigh in. love that man

Would fighting injured make it more professional?
Injuries happen no doubt but the fact that these guys keep pulling out the wk or day of fights is a joke. These guys aren't getting hurt the wk of the fight in almost every case. Use your head and pull out early instead of praying for a miracle. No excuse for weight cut problems

Back