Gym idiots | Page 21

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by cincymma79, Jan 9, 2016.

1. NurseKnuckles My Mom's stronger than you belt

NurseKnuckles
    I feel like anyone who is serious about their boxing is not shadow boxing in the mirror between sets at the YMCA or and other Fitness centre outside their home, or boxing gym, or specified class time.

mike sherry, Fahcough and DoctorTaco like this.
  2. cincymma79 Brown Belt

cincymma79
    So thought I'd try the zercher out today since I can't put my arm over my head for a little while. Just do 135 for a bunch of sets or something if I can. Gym is emptyish, but of course one guy in the squat rack. Damn. Alright well I'll stretch longer. Look over and is he squatting? No. Anything that needs a rack? No. Ok but he was here first maybe just took the corner. I'll wait...while he does bent over rows with the bar. Multiple sets. Like 6 sets. Then does pull-ups, like two. I don't know what the goal was, just looked weird and there's only one rack so I'm waiting in the background looking.

Oh and left weighs everywhere. Looks like a tree died

3. shinobimusashi Blue Belt

shinobimusashi
    Had a trio of 3 younger fellas working out at my gym that would all grab 45 lb plates in each hand and walk laps around the gym in single file line together, the layout of the gym is a little weird so these guys were walking all up in everybody's way. It was getting annoying I'm on the shoulder press machine and these idiots walking right in front of me mid-set. I got off the machine after one set and acted like I didn't see them and stood right in their way and stopped them, after that they started doing smaller circles and did their best to stay away from whatever I was on. What the fuck could this workout possibly do for you? And why not find another way to do this outdoors somehow instead of in the gym in the middle of everybody?

Palis, pcptornado and Bloodhy like this.
  4. M3t4tr0n I am the walrus.

M3t4tr0n
  5. Fahcough Brown Belt

Fahcough
    Pretending they're rolling wheelbarrows around? A load of concrete with a flat tire in a muddy yard will humble your cardio.

Palis likes this.
  6. Pinyin Yellow Card

Pinyin
    it's self awareness. you lack it. i use numerous gyms in my network and there is always one idiot in the free weights area craving attention by shadowboxing in a crowded area with high schoolers, old women etc..

if you want to hit the heavy bag, then make that part of your workout away from everyone else, but do not shadow box where normal people are trying to work out.

people aren't going to think your tough and you aren't going to make any mma friends because you flail your arms in the mirror after a bench press. it's sheer fuckin stupidity.

shinobimusashi and Fahcough like this.
  7. AlphaOmegaMan Belt of single malt...

AlphaOmegaMan
    just make sure you bring a good potato salad...

UltimateVictory likes this.
  8. Hankooks Stronger than you.

Hankooks
    I've been going to a local gym for four months and although it's not big or a busy place, I have yet to see someone use the squat rack for squats. Maybe I'm the only one who does.

9. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    Grip strength+?

10. maximus__ Orange Belt

maximus__
    Haha I do stuff like this all the time with kettlebells, dumbells or plates. I stay out of peoples way though. Those "farmers walks" will do more for most people than using the shoulder press machine.
    Read any of dan Johns books or watch strongman.

ngarauru likes this.
  11. The Todd Purple Belt

The Todd
    I`m sorry to tell you this but basically this just shows that you are frustrated in some way.

ngarauru likes this.
  12. shinobimusashi Blue Belt

shinobimusashi
    Ok, three little puny dickheads running around the gym in single file line together like a couple of homos doing something that I get the same workout with when doing heavy 250-275 lb shrugs, whatever muscles that drill is working I'm working those same muscles way better than what a 45 lb plate in each hand could do, not to mention I'm not being a pain in the ass for everyone else trying to work out in the process. If you seen the gym and what these guys were doing you would see that this was not the place for what they were doing. Them boys got a long way to go to get the kind of body I got. I think maybe ya'll do to. Edit: Since I posted that I actually haven't even seen these kids in the gym anymore.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Palis likes this.
  13. Grrrr Brown Belt

Grrrr
    They may have been in people's way which is rude....but farmers walks are legit whether you want to admit it or not.

ngarauru likes this.
  14. Mr Mojo Lane Purple Belt

Mr Mojo Lane
    This morning

One girl at the treadmills strips down to a track suit that looks like a one piece bikini. I am like WTF and I honestly couldn't help but look for a second. She acts like I am harassing her.
    I look in the general vicinity of a girl. She acts like I am harassing her.
    I walk by a woman keeping my head down but I glance at her feet to make sure that I do not run into her in between machines. She makes a stuck up sound with her voice and acts like I am harassing her.
    Two other girls are staring at me like "Why don't I go over to talk to them?"

I'm just there to lift and get out. In 20+ years in the gym, I have never struck up a conversation with a girl while lifting. They think that it is all about them. I am not in the mood to listen to some feminist rant b/c I happened to look in a girl's general direction. The girls were all average

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  15. deadshot138 Brown Belt

deadshot138
    Saw this dude at the gym, sumo pulling with his lower back instead of his legs. Shoulders were over the bar and shoulders rose faster than his hips. Couldn't budge near his 1rm on conventional deadlifts despite sumos being "easier."

Wait a minute.

I train at home.

That was me.

Damn.

ericaz likes this.
  16. 7even Yellow Belt

7even
    I don't really see the problem with Shadow boxing. I do it when I'm alone in the aerobics room full of mirrors. I really would like to focus on my technique out of boredom between sets in the free weight area, but I really don't want some fucking self righteous, stuck up, douchebag to roll his eyes when I do it. It goes both ways.

17. SRN SOCRATEEEES

SRN
    I used to train in a gym where there was this one guy, gay af, that trained shirtless while wearing a really short vale tudo shorts. It was hard not to look when he was deadlifting. lol :oops:

18. vladimilaz White Belt

vladimilaz
    Hate to say it man, but you are the one that sounds like a gym idiot. I get that they got in people's way, but farmer walks are pretty damn legit. Maybe if you picked 2 100lbs dumbbells and tried it yourself for a couple of sets you'd actually see why, instead of being a classic meathead. If they didn't work, strongmen probably wouldn't be using them as a program staple.

19. shinobimusashi Blue Belt

shinobimusashi
    Can somebody show me where I said farmer walks were not legit? If that's what works for you that's cool, I'm really happy for you, just don't expect me to jump around to stay out of you and your butt buddies ways when you're power walking around an already cramped gym together, others in the gym acting all intimidated trying to tip toe and stay out of their way while their racking weights or moving from station to station or changing machines, "oh shit, here they come again". If I block your path and stop you like a couple of ants and you don't like it we can all take it right outside for a big fucking royal rumble for all I care. I'll farmer walk your asses right back to slip and fall school. 100%

20. vladimilaz White Belt

vladimilaz
    You have asked what could this workout possibly do for you and saying how shrugging some heavier weight would do you better, which is not true at all, as they are pretty damn different movesets, where only similarities are that both are hitting your traps. Why not use both? Also, I'm usually having the reverse problem. I am doing farmer walks, and there has to be that guy that just gets in front of you typing on his phone, while you are on a track specifically made for farmer walks, walking lunges and whatnot. All in all, I guess we can agree that there are some pretty damn annoying shits in every public gym.

ericaz and Grrrr like this.