Gym idiots | Page 22

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by cincymma79, Jan 9, 2016.

1. tdluxon Black Belt

tdluxon
    Gotta confess, pulled a major kook move at the gym today...

I'd gotten a little out of my normal workout routine for a couple weeks because I'd been busy with work... I was benching, doing my 3 set max (I thought), and on the last set, came up short.

I'd never had that happen before, felt like such a dumbass.

Sano and Fahcough like this.
  2. Protectandserve Black Belt

Protectandserve
    Last weekend I rolled Code 3 to a medical aid at 24 Hour Fitness. All we got was "weights fell on a teen and he is unconscious." My partner and I roll over there, find the kid laying there getting attended by trainers. He has no obvious injuries except two large bruises on the inside of his forearms.

Gym staff tells us his buddy was squatting and dropped the weight off his shoulders and our friend on the floor tried to catch it while also in mid squat by sticking his arms out. Bar landed on his forearms, hit him in the thighs right above the knees. He then fell over and passed out. Kid was like a buck twenty.

He got brought out by medics on a gurney.

Only highlight was we did get the paramedic to ask him "Bro, do you even lift?"

mike sherry, pliftkl, Potzi and 2 others like this.
  3. maximus__ Blue Belt

maximus__
    All good mate. Just a misunderstanding. I could get why you might be annoyed, but I would rather 3 blokes doing farmers walks than super setting curls and kipping pullups in the only squat rack.
    The way you made it sound was like you couldn't work out what they would do it for and we explained.

It sounds like they moved somewhere else as soon as they realised they were in your way, so at least they weren't clueless.

I do alot of overhead carries and I have people set right up under where I am doing my walk while I am mid set. I place my towel and all that down somewhere and come back and find a curl bar right where I was. They then stare at me like I am an idiot even though there is other spots they can set up throughout the gym.

Thank god I do most of my training at home now haha.

4. Grrrr BE NICE

Grrrr
    Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago . I was taking a rest after my second set of farmers walks. Some guy drags a rowing machine in the middle of the path that is used for FW or walking lunges etc. It was annoying but I just walked around him. There were no threats to take it outside or push him off of the machine. When going to a commercial gym one has to expect the place to have its fair share of idiots.

5. cincymma79 Yellow Card

cincymma79
    I have them walk right in front of me or behind me when I deadlift. Whole lanes built for people to walk through but they choose this side and we are touching now

6. MrPaigeVanZant Leather Belt

MrPaigeVanZant
  7. PickupPutdown White Belt

PickupPutdown

We got us a badass over here. Don't get in my way bro, I got some heavy 275lb shrugs to do.. lulz.