Gym idiots

cincymma79

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not sure why this hasn't come back yet, as it was fun to read before and doesn't violate rukes. New year new me should be filling this thing up through February at least.

Here's two from today

Guy sitting on the decline bench for sit ups doing...nothing for at least 10 minutes. Then he left

Asked a regular to spot me and be bro spotted the shit out of me. Thought he'd know better. Moved to the cage so I could at least do the reps myself.

Last edited:
Guy sitting on the decline bench for sit ups doing...nothing for at least 10 minutes. Then he left

he was doing partial gravity pull downs to get some height gains. it's important to keep a neutral back when doing those.

Joined a new gym saw the same guy foam rolling for over 30 mins. Also saw like more than 5 people foam rolling too on both days I was there. "ITB" and "Quads" too lmao. If only they knew...

Joined a new gym saw the same guy foam rolling for over 30 mins. Also saw like more than 5 people foam rolling too on both days I was there. "ITB" and "Quads" too lmao. If only they knew...

What's so idiotic about foam rolling? And what should they know?

Cmon man, don't leave us hanging, what should they know?

Last Monday was weird. One guy was doing a 1 inch rom bicep cable curl, his mate doing some jerky whole body cable front raises, their other mate throwing a plate on the floor despite their being a rack 1ft away from him and a middle aged women barely moving her legs on the mountain climber machine thing.

On the plus side 3d functional movement in a saggital plane patterns guy hasn't been back yet.

Lol I love that cincy is the one that started this thread. Oh the irony.

Also, I sit on something for 10 minutes sometimes and don't do shit. Say something to me, cincy.

And then you get the awesome posts like this:

Look out guys we've got a badass here

If you're lifting have your seat
If you've not touched a weight yet you're weird.

Lol I love that cincy is the one that started this thread. Oh the irony.

Also, I sit on something for 10 minutes sometimes and don't do shit. Say something to me, cincy.

And then you get the awesome posts like this:

Nothing against cincy, don't know the guy.

But this is a pointless, whiny ass thread that just contributes to the bitch-made attitude that has permeated this forum.

Being better at me in lifting and a dollar will get you a candy bar. I think this stuff is funny, if you don't so be it

I am a beginner at powerlifting and will make lots of mistakes
No question
I'm also not dedicated enough to make it anywhere near an elite level, and I have no desire to do so. Just shooting for a hobby I can maintain later.

Admit it you have your deadlift on your tinder profile

I'll answer for foam roller guy. I was advised by a physio not to foam roll my overused ITB as it can make the problem worse, no idea about quads but possibly similar.

But this is a pointless, whiny ass thread that just contributes to the bitch-made attitude that has permeated this forum.

If it was reserved for actually interesting stories, rather than the everyday sorts of things that have already been posted at least dozens of times, and that almost everyone who trains at a gym sees on a regular basis, it could be an entertaining thread. But as it is, it's just a way for people to pat themselves on the back.

I got a picture of me curling in the squat rack on my Tinder profile.

Apparently saturday was take a picture in front of the mirror day, there was like 42 bros taking pictures of their gains making it impossible to move around... so I decided to photobomb all of them like this:

K3feck.gif

Strange trend I'm seeing these days at my gym: using squat/power racks for bodyweight exercises. Theres a group (family I think?) that comes in, and they all cycle in doing kipping pullups, elevated pushups (they set the bar at chest level in the rack pins and do pushups there). Picture bro-benching, but for this.

I don't know.. its odd, and annoying when there's folks around waiting to squat, myself included.

Another one, not really exercise related, but some guy works out wearing sunglasses. He ain't blind either.

YEah, I agree J... I have seen an influx in BW people. They'll remove the bar from the rack and do their thing in the rack. Personally I don't care, as long as it doesn't take away someone's squat time, but fuck all people squat at my gym so there is limited risk.

Another one, not really exercise related, but some guy works out wearing sunglasses. He ain't blind either.

there are conditions that cause serious light sensitivity. He might not be blind, but he might need the sunglasses to protect his eyes from the brightness of the gym lights.

If it was reserved for actually interesting stories, rather than the everyday sorts of things that have already been posted at least dozens of times, and that almost everyone who trains at a gym sees on a regular basis, it could be an entertaining thread. But as it is, it's just a way for people to pat themselves on the back.

a decent compromise might be that people only post if they include an example of themselves being a gym idiot.

The original Gym Idiots thread was legit stories and interaction between the poster and postee or were just funny.

Back