Gym idiots

Or labral tear (in crossfit kips are the most common way its done, next is their shitty push press and snatches).

I didn't realize that kipping could lead to some serious shoulders injury. With all these liability issues, I'm still surprised Crossfit is still in business.

People have tried to warn others about it. A non contact activity should not have injury rates as high as contact sports. But thats for another thread.

That dude is an asshat. "They got fired because of me *smug look on his face* , i do my handstand pushups here, wall ball here, i jerk off over there"
Haha exactly. What a douche.

That dude is an asshat. "They got fired because of me *smug look on his face* , i do my handstand pushups here, wall ball here, i jerk off over there"
No shit. "They call it Dave's corner because I hog the rack. They all enjoy watching me. They all stare at me." They stare at you because you are a toolbag hogging the rack.

people using the only platform/power rack to do weighted pullups then massive amounts of reps of clean and jerk with shittiest form known to man. Finally got tired of having to wait 30+ mins whenever I wanted to squat so on friday I ordered a power rack, texas power bar and 600lbs of weights. Let the garage gym build commence. Everything should be here on wednesday

people using the only platform/power rack to do weighted pullups then massive amounts of reps of clean and jerk with shittiest form known to man. Finally got tired of having to wait 30+ mins whenever I wanted to squat so on friday I ordered a power rack, texas power bar and 600lbs of weights. Let the garage gym build commence. Everything should be here on wednesday
I'm actually guilty of this sometimes.
In my defense, the gym is near empty when I do these (heavy pull day). The actual dip/pullup machine is pretty small, and I end up bumping myself around like pinball occasionally, so its one of the reasons I use the power rack. Also getting full ROM from dead hang is nice as well.
I find it more odd, that on a Saturday morning around 10-11am that no one is doing squats.

I'm actually guilty of this sometimes.
In my defense, the gym is near empty when I do these (heavy pull day). The actual dip/pullup machine is pretty small, and I end up bumping myself around like pinball occasionally, so its one of the reasons I use the power rack. Also getting full ROM from dead hang is nice as well.
I find it more odd, that on a Saturday morning around 10-11am that no one is doing squats.

In their defense it's one of the only places in the small gym to do this so I don't blame them too much. There are 2 other pull up bars but one of them is literally in a doorway. It's going to be so much better not having to wait around with my own power rack though :)

In their defense it's one of the only places in the small gym to do this so I don't blame them too much. There are 2 other pull up bars but one of them is literally in a doorway. It's going to be so much better not having to wait around with my own power rack though :)
Yeah, and its your rack, so you can curl in it all you want.

Not exactly gym idiot but i forgot CrossfitHQ banned me from their FB page.
CF gets a lot of hate. I've not done it, but I have a buddy who does and he's seen really great results.

I wont go into a giant rant like has been done to death on this forum but...
I know of one good Crossfit gym of the various i've come across. I'm sure you can get lean and generically strong, but you can achieve the same results without the lunacy, cult like following and injury rates. Along with how their HQ treated a legitimate question from the public.

Guys doing cable rows and rocking back and forth from their waist like they're using the cardio row machine.

Speaking of Crossfit, are there any functionality or benefits from doing the kipping pull ups?

You might use that motion in consecutive muscle ups. So skill building rather than strength building.

Guys doing cable rows and rocking back and forth from their waist like they're using the cardio row machine.
I saw one yesterday. Cable crossovers on a bosu ball. I have no idea where this shit is coming from.

I saw one yesterday. Cable crossovers on a bosu ball. I have no idea where this shit is coming from.
I have this weird feeling people on their FB friend's list post this guy's videos:

TO have a laugh but then other's take him seriously

Had this douche occupying the squat rack, leaving his stuff there, but doing sets of lunges. One or the other mother fucker, theres other people wanting to squat. If i wasnt using the other squat rack, i would have said something. This guys the most popular guy in the gym too. Little mexican roger huerta bro kind of dude. Fuck em

Had a guy who works at the gym leaving his stuff at a squat rack while he was training a guy on some gay machine. I just went in and he had the nerve to tell me i got 15 minutes. I took about 20 minutes to do my 5 sets despite him looking at me. Then this dude starts training one of the hottests girls ive ever seen. Dont know why the douchiest dudes seem like the coolest. People are just dumb these days, plus he seemed friend zoned anyway.

fuck em all and thier friends letting them do that shit.

Two guys doing dumbbell curls on the lifting platform. All the mirrors were taken, so they brought 20 lbs dumbbells on the platform to do curls.

It gets better... They then brought a bench in front of the platform to do seated shoulder press. They weren't using the actual platform, but I still opted to push the Stiff Leg Deadlifts until tomorrow.

Pretty much anyone who stops to take selfies during their training, or whatever they're doing at the gym.

Back