Gym idiots

Superset front, side, rear delt raises. High volume, long rest breaks in between for them gainz

some gym bro was doing this the yesterday... curls and shit too. a buddy of mine (competitive power lifter) was sour as fuck, waiting on him. lol

some gym bro was doing this the yesterday... curls and shit too. a buddy of mine (competitive power lifter) was sour as fuck, waiting on him. lol
Jokes aside, the one that pissed me off was coming in, ready for a heavy squat day, only to see some jagoff and his family doing some bodyweight competition using up 2 racks (we have 3 at our gym). The sad part was, after I was done with the squats, (guy squatting in another rack finished) they were still doing their nonsense.

Our gym is moving the power racks to the old squash courts. Right now, they're right in front where lot's of people walk around and stuff. They say it isn't ideal for potential sales, etc...

They used to hide the PL stuff in a back room a long time ago, they set it up out front because it was getting popular, now they're like nope! this shit is too hard-core, what were we thinking... move them back to the back room...

The too hardcore part stems from PL hipsters bringing in their fucking laundry rooms in to the gym, chalking up every conceivable inch of real-estate and yelling and cheering when someone hits dat der gym PR! Honestly, PLers are becoming the gym idiots.

Our gym is moving the power racks to the old squash courts. Right now, they're right in front where lot's of people walk around and stuff. They say it isn't ideal for potential sales, etc...

They used to hide the PL stuff in a back room a long time ago, they set it up out front because it was getting popular, now they're like nope! this shit is too hard-core, what were we thinking... move them back to the back room...

The too hardcore part stems from PL hipsters bringing in their fucking laundry rooms in to the gym, chalking up every conceivable inch of real-estate and yelling and cheering when someone hits dat der gym PR! Honestly, PLers are becoming the gym idiots.

This is my feelings exactly. I've been training at my gym for nearly ten years, Anyway, the last year or so, gym has had an influx of "power lifters" .. All these guys talk about is how bad crossfit is, but some of the crossfitters at the same gym have larger lifts than them on the 3 .. I cringe when I hear it because they have like a year or 2 real lifting experience, I think the strongest amongst them has a 405lb dead lift, and they all yell and clap when they each lift .. Maybe I'm the idiot for complaining lol ..

They're all right blokes, just annoying due to they're noob naivety.

I'm not saying that crossfit isn't bad in a lot of ways, just saying these guys are just parroting popular opinion, not what they think due to research... Random comment, Don't know about the u.s., but in Australia, crossfit has awesome gym setups, but you can't just go there and train, you must do the program they want, how much of a tease is that right haha

Last edited:
I've used CrossFit gyms on vacations and whatnot
They have all the stuff you need and the right atmosphere
I'm just not doing a wod

Crossfit gyms that let people do as they please in their gyms tend to be better than the ones who are WOD focused i find.

There was one i tried to go to in alberta for a few months while i was out there that was WOD only based, and i had to attend a one week long new membership terminology course and instruction on how to lift weights their way. I'm not doing Pood kettlebell swings, PC's for reps or kipping pullups/muscle ups.

I'm a self-confessed gym idiot. I try my best but wouldn't be shocked if a video of me "lifting" went viral.

As long as you aren't running sideways on a treadmill wearing an altitude mask and wrapped up like a mummy in kinesio tape wearing the latest reebok crossfitter shoes complete with fitbit, should be good fam.

Crossfit gyms that let people do as they please in their gyms tend to be better than the ones who are WOD focused i find.

There was one i tried to go to in alberta for a few months while i was out there that was WOD only based, and i had to attend a one week long new membership terminology course and instruction on how to lift weights their way. I'm not doing Pood kettlebell swings, PC's for reps or kipping pullups/muscle ups.
ewww

No joke. I was astonished that even crossfit would go that far. I went to the gym on the other side of town that was a 4km walk away rather than theirs which was 100m away. It was also over 130$ a month vs 45$ a month.

Saw a guy earlier today do a strange mix of a deadlift + curl. He'd deadlift the bar, then curl after lockout.. not sure where this came from.

wnIaRyJ.gif

Spot on with the personal barbell

I haven't seen anyone bring in their own personal barbell yet.. but everything he's said is pretty much 100% right.

I haven't seen anyone bring in their own personal barbell yet.. but everything he's said is pretty much 100% right.
My gym there's a guy that pays for storage to keep his texas bar. Its a small gym though, not a big commercial chain one, so maybe its more common in these types.

The commercial gym by my house and I've asked about putting some blocks in there since the rack didn't go below the middle of my quads and getting some new bars with a decent grip on it. The ones they have now are older and they roll in your hand. I could see buying a bar to put up just for deadlifting almost

I store my Rogue Ohio Power Bar at my gym. It's chained up with the Texas squat, power and deadlift bars and a competition PL Eleiko.

Commercial gym bars are bent with bad knurling, uneven power ring markings and shitty bearings. All of these compromise safety, performance or both.

If being made fun of is the price I pay for not having a 180kg bar roll off my back during a squat, I'll pay that price. Better than paying 2x as much and doubling my gym commute to a small private facility on the other side of town.

Back