GSPs english

dutch english french german
it's relatively normal here though, at least 40% of the kids learn these languages

Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland are all very well known to learn multiple languages at school. It's so good for your brain to do it.

Most countries integrate a second language that they consider useful, like english in Quebec, French in north africa...

Americans are pretty much alone in barely trying to learn other languages.

dutch english french german
it's relatively normal here though, at least 40% of the kids learn these languages
Represent!

Although French is very marginal for most Dutch people, most of us are fleunt in Dutch, English and German.

Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland are all very well known to learn multiple languages at school. It's so good for your brain to do it.

Most countries integrate a second language that they consider useful, like english in Quebec, French in north africa...

Americans are pretty much alone in barely trying to learn other languages.

Funny thing is they could benefit from a bit of Spanish.

yeah I admit my French is pretty rusty too lol

Apart from 'Je ne comprends pas' and 'Je voidrais un croissant sil vous plait' my French is pretty much non-existant despite of 3 years of lessons...

Pero soy praticar Espanyol a ora!

Represent!

Although French is very marginal for most Dutch people, most of us are fleunt in Dutch, English and German.

My kids are now learning to read and write right now, and I'm amazed at how freaking complicated is french. It's exceptions over exceptions.

For you guys, dutch, english and german have a common root but french and other latin languages it must be tough

My kids are now learning to read and write right now, and I'm amazed at how freaking complicated is french. It's exceptions over exceptions.

For you guys, dutch, english and german have a common root but french and other latin languages it must be tough

True, French and Spanish are very, very different kind of languages. German and Dutch are the most similar and people learn English from a very early age here.

Fan of gsp here but his trash talk is horrible and he does sound like a nerd like bisping states. What does he sound like when he speaks french? Any french speaking people here that can comment?
Beats listening to Bisbing who sounds like he’s got rubber bands around his balls.

His voice is really strange when he speaks English, he sounds like an alien

Fan of gsp here but his trash talk is horrible and he does sound like a nerd like bisping states. What does he sound like when he speaks french? Any french speaking people here that can comment?

GSP's accent or lack of perfect English has nothing to do with his "horrible" trash talk. He still thinks in Canadian French, and translates to English before speaking. Insults don't usually translate from language to language, and I'd expect French Canadian is no exception. He's just not interested in trash talk, and it shows.

He could easily hire a writer to prepare some canned Conor-like crap to troll Bisping, and rehearse it so it sounds good in a press conference. But he'd rather spend his time game-planning and training to win than practicing his trash talk.

I know plenty of English speaking people who've learnt Spanish or Portuguese and, despite being pretty much fluent, have the worst accents imaginable. Some people just don't have the "ear" for it.

Also, all Quebecois accents are ridiculous. :) (it's ok, mon beau-frère est québécois).

I don't really have an accent in english to be Honest, maybe It's beacuse I've learned at an early age.

I don't really have an accent in english to be Honest, maybe It's beacuse I've learned at an early age.

Yeah, some people are better at it than others.
My brother in law didn't speak English until he was 20 or so. 15 years later he has a slight accent which goes unnoticed by almost everyone. When he gets drunk it starts to come out slightly more.

Let me guess; you are American and do not know that there is a French speaking territory above your head...

They also speak English. GSP has the accent of someone who didn't learn English til adulthood.

I think the aliens taught him how to speak English.

Back