GSPs english

ImLovinIt

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Fan of gsp here but his trash talk is horrible and he does sound like a nerd like bisping states. What does he sound like when he speaks french? Any french speaking people here that can comment?

Edit: sherbros misunderstanding my statement. Obviously gsp has an accent and im not making fun of his accent. My spanish sounds incomprehensible, my point was, its hard to express yourself in a language that is not your native tongue. Does GSP express himself better in french?

Last edited:
Try speaking a foreign language, and we'll rate how 'cool' you sound TS.

Bisping sounds like a nerd with his mother tongue

Fan of gsp here but his trash talk is horrible and he does sound like a nerd like bisping states. What does he sound like when he speaks french? Any french speaking people here that can comment?

I speak both French and English, and GSP's French is pretty decent. I mean, he's not that type of guy who will use over-complicated words, but without sounding like a university teacher he sounds OK and he knows his shit when it comes to fighting, conditioning, dinosaurs haha... he's far from your typical douchey fighter who can speak in English easily but have nothing to say (you know who they are). The best way to describe it would probably be that he sounds like an intelligent guy who hated school and dropped out when he was 16-17

I guess for you guys who speak English in your everyday life, he sounds very weird though :D Even for many Quebecers I know, he sounds weird in English and gets imitated a lot :p

The big difference (in French) is that he's way more natural (like a conversation you would have with your buddies) and he will sometimes say things I feel he wouldn't say in English. I remember a radio interview for example he gave and he was like (in French): "Hey sorry guys for the background noise, I am driving to Toronto and I had to stop to take a piss"

Because of his bad English, he tends to use more pre-made formulas and "clichés".

Last edited:
He was obviously raised only speaking French which is weird because every other Canadian I've been exposed to uses English naturally.

Even in french (canadian) he sounds like gsp..
He's not that charismatic and couldn't talk shit to save his life. The french speaking gsp is no different than english speaking gsp.

let me get this straight

you heard GSP try to speak english badly and it made you angry

and not filled with absolute joy, glowing faith in humanity and the universe

did you check if your father was an eggplant

Sexy Jesus is right....like most fighters that use English as a second language, he has to resort to very vanilla and corny/cliche sayings and phrases and a almost dyslexic way of speaking and a whole lotta "how you say" talking....but he always seems to be improving his English

The upside to having a cheesy French accent is it gets women a pussy wet....so there's that

All in all I don't feel bad for his lack of English comprehension and the trash talking abilities that come with it

Claudia gadelha is GOAT when it comes to English progression though BTW...

english do you speak it!?

Getting there....

And that's how it's done

Last edited:
He was obviously raised only speaking French which is weird because every other Canadian I've been exposed to uses English naturally.

Obviously you don't know that many people from Quebec or northern Ontario. All Quebec road signs are in French, school is French Speaking with English class taught a couple of years as a class in middle school then it's optional in high school . Just the same as in Ontario and other provinces but in reverse.

Quebec has fought very hard to keep their language ,to a point a few referendums have happened wanting to separate from the rest of Canada to do so.

I was born and raised a few hours north or Toronto and just a few more hours north there are towns and cities that are mostly French speaking. It was very odd to me as a kid and didn't understand why. In Quebec there are many that are bilingual in big cities like Montreal, however in smaller towns it's primarily French speaking and many that don't speak a word of English.

One thing people should keep in mind , GSP basically learned his English from other people who primarily speak French first and English well but as a second language . No schilling to learn proper structure or phrasing of the language. It was complete French to English translation with phrases taught to Georges. Overall he does pretty damn well.

"how many languages do you speak, Michael?"

the IQ difference between them is very significant IMHO (no disrespect)

also:

UFC.100-DanHendersonXMichaelBisping-01-KO-400-sg.gif

thread saved, TS!!!!

GSP's English is way better than any foreign language I can speak, aside from a few short phrases like where's the toilet.

He also fights like a nerd, always in search of the perfect game plan. That's why he was so good.

Sexy Jesus is right....like most fighters that use English as a second language, he has to resort to very vanilla and corny/cliche sayings and phrases and a almost dyslexic way of speaking and a whole lotta "how you say" talking....but he always seems to be improving his English

The upside to having a cheesy French accent is it gets women a pussy wet....so there's that

All in all I don't feel bad for his lack of English comprehension and the trash talking abilities that come with it

Claudia gadelha is GOAT when it comes to English progression though BTW...

english do you speak it!?

Getting there....

And that's how it's done

Not surprised as she went to school for Law. She's very well educated.

Lol how is GSP not charismatic? He's one of the most populair fighters ever.

Back