GSPs english

let me get this straight

you heard GSP try to speak english badly and it made you angry

and not filled with absolute joy, glowing faith in humanity and the universe

did you check if your father was an eggplant
whoever said I was angry. That was a pretty pathetic attempt of a comment and unfunny.

I speak both French and English, and GSP's French is pretty decent. I mean, he's not that type of guy who will use over-complicated words, but without sounding like a university teacher he sounds OK and he knows his shit when it comes to fighting, conditioning, dinosaurs haha... he's far from your typical douchey fighter who can speak in English easily but have nothing to say (you know who they are). The best way to describe it would probably be that he sounds like an intelligent guy who hated school and dropped out when he was 16-17

I guess for you guys who speak English in your everyday life, he sounds very weird though :D Even for many Quebecers I know, he sounds weird in English and gets imitated a lot :p

The big difference (in French) is that he's way more natural (like a conversation you would have with your buddies) and he will sometimes say things I feel he wouldn't say in English. I remember a radio interview for example he gave and he was like (in French): "Hey sorry guys for the background noise, I am driving to Toronto and I had to stop to take a piss"

Because of his bad English, he tends to use more pre-made formulas and "clichés".
Thank you! the reply I was looking for.

Yeah. In quebec, there are people that speak any english at all. But if you go to montreal, mostly everyone speaks both and lots dont even have a french accent. Like eugenie bouchard.

He lives in Canada, English isn't a foreign language lol. He should have flawless English by now.

It's one of two languages. Speaking two languages=more difficult than speaking one. And it's not that his english sucks, it just sounds funny.

Fan of gsp here but his trash talk is horrible and he does sound like a nerd like bisping states. What does he sound like when he speaks french? Any french speaking people here that can comment?

Son anglais est excellent. Il ne sonne pas comme un nerd en français.

Now fuck off. Bisping too.

Fan of gsp here but his trash talk is horrible and he does sound like a nerd like bisping states. What does he sound like when he speaks french? Any french speaking people here that can comment?

When he speaks french he's got a strong Canadian accent, but we understand it well.

It's like when you speak english with an Irish or Australian.

It's one of two languages. Speaking two languages=more difficult than speaking one. And it's not that his english sucks, it just sounds funny.
Almost everybody in Quebec is bilingual and with the amount of English speaking training partners and coaches he has had there's really no excuse for his English to be as bad as it is.

Almost everybody in Quebec is bilingual and with the amount of English speaking training partners and coaches he has had there's really no excuse for his English to be as bad as it is.

Agree.

Almost everybody under 35.

Not a majority for Older generation tho.

GSP is actually more understanble in English than "French."

If you don't believe me, ask Francis Ngannou. If you put the two of them together in a room, and asked them to speak French, Ngannou would have a hard time understanding what GSP is saying, but GSP will understand Ngannou perfectly. It would be better for them to speak English. LOL

Yeah. In quebec, there are people that speak any english at all. But if you go to montreal, mostly everyone speaks both and lots dont even have a french accent. Like eugenie bouchard.

You can live all your life in Quebec without even speaking one word of english.

We have laws to protect french, it's supposed to be the main spoken language in the workplaces, we have laws on advertising, we have laws on music on the radio, you can't put your children in a public english school if your not from canadian-english decent (so almost everybody including the immigrants)

It's also weird to me, but he's got the vocabulary, it's just that he has a very strong accent.

Most french canadians I know can speak english without any accent, but we always hear GSP in a public speaking environnement. I think he sounds better when he's on the phone or when he's in a one on one interview than when he's on a stage.

GSP also sounds off on stage when he speaks in french

Back