GSPs camp for Bisping went terrible

Looking for easy money? Yup, I think that was his idea - its the norm for fighters (or athletes in general) coming back after retiring.

Cowardice? Well, I admit getting into the cage with Bisping takes far less courage than posting on Sherdog, but lets face it, Internet posting is the most courageous activity known to humanity, its unfair to hold him to that standard. Because I've never gotten into the cage against a UFC level fighter, I'm kind of reluctant to call GSP a coward for actually getting into the cage, even if its just for a single fight

In fact, I suspect that single time in the cage against a UFC caliber fighter for GSP is still one more times than most of the Sherdog posters calling him a coward ever managed. Which is pretty funny when you think of it. Its like your average NBA fan calling say Dirk Nowitzki or Andre Miller unathletic ...
You're absolutely right. GSP has much more courage for entering a cage than it takes for a person to post a message. But that doesn't mean the message poster doesn't understand courage. A sherdog poster can possibly a police officer in Detroit or done 3 tours in Iraq. So courage comes in many forms and I prefer to judge fighters compared to other fighthers. Not message board posters. Doesn't that make more sense to compare by those standards? When comparing GSP in that context, he can hardly be called courageous for calling out Bisping then dropping the belt like he did.

Apparently....
He said...
She said...

I lost 40% of my body weight from Crohn's disease. Remicade made me better within 2 months and competing again. Whether he is faking or not there has always been a convenience factor when it comes to GSP. People still trying to salvage GSP's reputation for choosing the weakest champion and never intending to fight any other real contender. He could have said "I will wait to fight the winner of Bisping vs Romero". No, I don't buy any of that boy who cried wolf crap anymore. Sorry. Credibility lost. Cowardice is the prevailing symptom that too many people see.
lol who gives a shit about your competing. you arent anywhere near the level of competing GSP does.

I can't believe some people think he's faking it. How rude!
Or maybe he realized that even his handpicked opponent Bisping hits harder than he expected, wants nothing to do with MW afterward

lol who gives a shit about your competing. you arent anywhere near the level of competing GSP does.
Nobody should give a shit on here. I was making a point that GSP could compete if he wanted to. A Conor fight would put his Colitis in remission I believe.

Nobody should give a shit on here. I was making a point that GSP could compete if he wanted to. A Conor fight would put his Colitis in remission I believe.

Didnt you fight Diego Sanchez recently?

Danaher said he wanted to address all 3 of gsps main criticisms in 1 fight.

1. He never moved up a weight class
2. He fought too technical and it was boring.
3. He doesnt finish fights

They wanted to do a training regimin focused on power and finishig submissions
It was pretty bad ass to see him take some punishment and go in for the kill. He engaged the final exchange and blasted Bisping on his ass then choked him unconscious. I was a GSP fan for 5 minutes there until his cage interview showed he was going to vacate another belt.

Yeah, because every case of ulcerative colitis is exactly the same, has precisely the same effects on every person's body, had the identical treatment in every case, and recovery time is exactly the same in all cases. Absolutely.

Or maybe he realized that even his handpicked opponent Bisping hits harder than he expected, wants nothing to do with MW afterward

Yeah. He realised that and decided to have a fake medical condition. You guys know so much more than the people close to GSP and the man himself

You're absolutely right. GSP has much more courage for entering a cage than it takes for a person to post a message. But that doesn't mean the message poster doesn't understand courage. A sherdog poster can possibly a police officer in Detroit or done 3 tours in Iraq. So courage comes in many forms and I prefer to judge fighters compared to other fighthers. Not message board posters. Doesn't that make more sense to compare by those standards? When comparing GSP in that context, he can hardly be called courageous for calling out Bisping then dropping the belt like he did.

Its an interesting argument, but it still ends up with someone calling someone a coward for not doing what they would themselves not do. I agree courage comes in many forms, but I don't see how if I was courageous in context A but personally won't do action B it makes it meaningful for me to call someone else a coward for similarly refusing to do action B.

A fire fighter could meaningfully call GSP a coward for not running into a burning building to save someone's life (though at least locally the fire department repeatedly tells people not to do that, as it typically just makes for one more person for them to risk their lives rescuing), but I don't see how that transfers to them meaningfully calling GSP a coward for not continuing to fight at MW (or for not freeclimbing like Alex Honnold or doing any of a number of things that neither they nor GSP has done).

Meaningfully calling someone a coward implies the coward is unwilling to do something you yourself are willing to do. Otherwise it smacks of hypocrisy. Anyone who's served in the military can tell you what they think about people who've never been in battle calling those who have cowards for not fighting to the death in a lost cause.

My take on it is pretty simple; I compare the person calling someone a coward to the accused coward in terms of the context of cowardice. As you say, people might be quite courageous in one context and less courageous in another - in fact that's normal. However most of us refrain from calling people cowards in contexts in which we would do no better.

Youre one of the few obsessed gsp haters i see in every gsp thread.
"obsessed". the guy called bisping a world class killer and I corrected and now I'm an obsessed GSP hater, ok

Lol the amount of hate GSP gets is so unreal. This fight proved that regardless of what you do, MMA fans will find a way to trash you. Or people posing as MMA fans at least.

For years, all you plebs talk about is people going up in weight to beat guys in the next division if they clear out their own. GSP cleared out WW, retires, and comes back to face Bisping. I don’t think Bisping is the best MW in the world, I don’t think he’s even top 5 to be honest, but that doesn’t make him a shitty fighter. Add to that, that he was the champion. Whether by fluke or not, he was the champ. So GSP comes back from retirement, moves up, faces the champ, beats the guy (and finishes him at that, something so many people gave him shit for), and it’s still not enough.

He’s not trying to hold up the division, so he vacates. Now to you guys, he’s scared. Even though he moved up to face the current champion.

Win or lose, he’s going to get shit on. I hope he does whatever he needs to for himself. If he gets better and wants to come back to fight, I’ll watch. If he doesn’t, I enjoyed the Bisping fight and give him his kudos for an amazing career. No reason to hate on the guy when he’s basically the best champion in the history of the sport.

Bisping clearly didn't even see that punch coming. His peripheral vision out of that right eye is fucked.
i have 20-10 vision and i wouldnt have seen that one coming. beautiful sneak-a-roo from ground st pound

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back