GSPs camp for Bisping went terrible

You're absolutely right. GSP has much more courage for entering a cage than it takes for a person to post a message. But that doesn't mean the message poster doesn't understand courage. A sherdog poster can possibly a police officer in Detroit or done 3 tours in Iraq. So courage comes in many forms and I prefer to judge fighters compared to other fighthers. Not message board posters. Doesn't that make more sense to compare by those standards? When comparing GSP in that context, he can hardly be called courageous for calling out Bisping then dropping the belt like he did.
so hes not courage for not fighting for years and coming back and fighting the champion in the weight class above his? and its because he has a disease that's going to sideline him for about a year so instead of going the conor route he vacated the belt which many ppl wanted to happen when other champions were in similar situations?

So the only right answer for gsp is to fight a guy when hes not healthy enough to have a proper camp to do it and if he doesn't that means hes a coward?
do you now understand how stupid that sounds?

You're absolutely right. GSP has much more courage for entering a cage than it takes for a person to post a message. But that doesn't mean the message poster doesn't understand courage. A sherdog poster can possibly a police officer in Detroit or done 3 tours in Iraq. So courage comes in many forms and I prefer to judge fighters compared to other fighthers. Not message board posters. Doesn't that make more sense to compare by those standards? When comparing GSP in that context, he can hardly be called courageous for calling out Bisping then dropping the belt like he did.
Tell him again he is acting like only UFC fighters fight in real life

I would laugh my ass off if GSP beats Woodley, then vacates the belt as well.

Then a year later comes back and does it again at MW hahaha.

Oh the ruckus to be had.

Oh the ruckus to be had.

From what I can tell GSP's coaches are not interested in seeing him do what he did before, fight at 170 for the belt. They want him to try and accomplish something that he has never done. If he beats Woodley that is great but he has already done everything he can do at 170, a win over Woodley isnt going to change a lot. On the other hand, a win over the champion at 155 would make him the first 3 weight UFC champion. I just don't know if he can do it now with the illness, I was pretty sure he could do it before.

As someone who has followed GSP's career forever I'm guessing he either retires or fights Conor next at 170. He's not going to 185 because he already vacated the belt, he's probably not going to 170 because his coaches don't want to see him chase the title at 170 again, and 155 might be off the table because I believe Dana will nix it. I think now that GSP vacated a belt that Dana will not give him another title shot, which means he won't be able to drop to 155 for a belt even if he was physically able to do it. I see GSP's options being very limited now, a Conor superfight at 170 or retiring. I could be wrong.

anyone know how perry can get into canada? does he not have a felony conviction? please and ty

Oh the ruckus to be had.
getting greedy bro

Apparently....
He said...
She said...

I lost 40% of my body weight from Crohn's disease. Remicade made me better within 2 months and competing again. Whether he is faking or not there has always been a convenience factor when it comes to GSP. People still trying to salvage GSP's reputation for choosing the weakest champion and never intending to fight any other real contender. He could have said "I will wait to fight the winner of Bisping vs Romero". No, I don't buy any of that boy who cried wolf crap anymore. Sorry. Credibility lost. Cowardice is the prevailing symptom that too many people see.
I think your story of having Crohn's is bs. Are you "competing " at a pro level?
Your a joke trying to compare yourself to a pro athlete

Keyboard warrior calls one of the greatest mma fighters of all time a coward. That's Sherdog
I am just reiterating the word choice of Tyron Woodley and Michael Bisping. Coward was the exact word they used. Verbatim.
Its an interesting argument, but it still ends up with someone calling someone a coward for not doing what they would themselves not do. I agree courage comes in many forms, but I don't see how if I was courageous in context A but personally won't do action B it makes it meaningful for me to call someone else a coward for similarly refusing to do action B.

A fire fighter could meaningfully call GSP a coward for not running into a burning building to save someone's life (though at least locally the fire department repeatedly tells people not to do that, as it typically just makes for one more person for them to risk their lives rescuing), but I don't see how that transfers to them meaningfully calling GSP a coward for not continuing to fight at MW (or for not freeclimbing like Alex Honnold or doing any of a number of things that neither they nor GSP has done).

Meaningfully calling someone a coward implies the coward is unwilling to do something you yourself are willing to do. Otherwise it smacks of hypocrisy. Anyone who's served in the military can tell you what they think about people who've never been in battle calling those who have cowards for not fighting to the death in a lost cause.

My take on it is pretty simple; I compare the person calling someone a coward to the accused coward in terms of the context of cowardice. As you say, people might be quite courageous in one context and less courageous in another - in fact that's normal. However most of us refrain from calling people cowards in contexts in which we would do no better.

I can't argue with you again. Oh are absolutely right. I have zero accolades to cal GSP coward. I was simply borrowing the term from other fighters. Tyron Woodley and Michael Bisping called him coward. I am just extending their point of view and agree with it somewhat when I compare GSP's choices to other, much more bold fighters.

Didnt you fight Diego Sanchez recently?
tenor.gif

Gsp is the goat and many salty haters wanted to see him get ktfo, thats why they are fuming now...Gsp is a smart man and you wont see him getting ktfo or choked any time soon. Deal with it.

From what I can tell GSP's coaches are not interested in seeing him do what he did before, fight at 170 for the belt. They want him to try and accomplish something that he has never done. If he beats Woodley that is great but he has already done everything he can do at 170, a win over Woodley isnt going to change a lot. On the other hand, a win over the champion at 155 would make him the first 3 weight UFC champion. I just don't know if he can do it now with the illness, I was pretty sure he could do it before.

As someone who has followed GSP's career forever I'm guessing he either retires or fights Conor next at 170. He's not going to 185 because he already vacated the belt, he's probably not going to 170 because his coaches don't want to see him chase the title at 170 again, and 155 might be off the table because I believe Dana will nix it. I think now that GSP vacated a belt that Dana will not give him another title shot, which means he won't be able to drop to 155 for a belt even if he was physically able to do it. I see GSP's options being very limited now, a Conor superfight at 170 or retiring. I could be wrong.
I think you make some good points but I disagree on a Conor fight.
Dana knows a GSP vs Conpr fight would be the biggest of all time. He likes money to much not to do it.

I can't argue with you again. Oh are absolutely right. I have zero accolades to cal GSP coward. I was simply borrowing the term from other fighters. Tyron Woodley and Michael Bisping called him coward. I am just extending their point of view and agree with it somewhat when I compare GSP's choices to other, much more bold fighters.

Woodley and Bisping earned the right to call him a coward (ie they get into the cage), though I suspect in both cases they're doing it to hype a potential fight which would get them a percentage of a very large PPV draw. Certainly GSP didn't look like a coward in the cage with Bisping, and its unlikely he'll look like one if he gets in with Woodley, something which Woodley would be counting on, since he hopes to further his career with an exciting fight against GSP.

I suggest if they really thought GSP was a coward they wouldn't want to get into the cage with him, because fighting someone who ran around trying to avoid contact (like Kalib Starnes against Nate Quarry) is a poor draw and so there's little money in such a fight. The reason Bisping wanted to fight him, and Woodley still wants to fight him, is because GSP doesn't act cowardly, making him a good draw. As I said, I think their statements have much more to do with trying to create hype for a fight than any real belief that GSP runs around the cage in a cowardly fashion.

There certainly are bolder fighters than GSP (Penn for instance fought Machida at a much heavier weight, the Diaz brothers march straight ahead whether its a good tactic or not), however given how eager other fighters are to fight GSP its hard to believe any of them think that GSP is a coward. Fighters considered Kalib Starnes a coward, and refused to fight him.

GSPs medication will take just long enough for GSP to have a holiday, reliquish the belt, get out of his defence clause and call out a fighter not at MW.

3-8 months.. Hmm just in time for someone to return.

He was never fighting Whittaker, he knew what would happen. Respect for not holding up the division.

Woodley and Bisping earned the right to call him a coward (ie they get into the cage), though I suspect in both cases they're doing it to hype a potential fight which would get them a percentage of a very large PPV draw. Certainly GSP didn't look like a coward in the cage with Bisping, and its unlikely he'll look like one if he gets in with Woodley, something which Woodley would be counting on, since he hopes to further his career with an exciting fight against GSP.

I suggest if they really thought GSP was a coward they wouldn't want to get into the cage with him, because fighting someone who ran around trying to avoid contact (like Kalib Starnes against Nate Quarry) is a poor draw and so there's little money in such a fight. The reason Bisping wanted to fight him, and Woodley still wants to fight him, is because GSP doesn't act cowardly, making him a good draw. As I said, I think their statements have much more to do with trying to create hype for a fight than any real belief that GSP runs around the cage in a cowardly fashion.

There certainly are bolder fighters than GSP (Penn for instance fought Machida at a much heavier weight, the Diaz brothers march straight ahead whether its a good tactic or not), however given how eager other fighters are to fight GSP its hard to believe any of them think that GSP is a coward. Fighters considered Kalib Starnes a coward, and refused to fight him.
They want to fight GSP because he looks beatable. Looks are deceiving.

That only makes his case for GOAT even stronger and his title win over Bisping more legit and badass

Back