GSP is the P4P king. He is undefeated in a stacked division.

If Jones beats Gustaffson and Cormier then I think he deserves top P4P status. My favorite fighter is a welterweight and I am hoping he gets a crack at GSP before Georges goes off to the movie career he desires.

Who are you wanting to see get a crack at gsp?

Equally Unimpressive runs in both divisions I think.

To me vitor is a more credible win at lhw than bj (way too undersized) Matt Serra or Sean Sherk are at ww

Pfp is not about opponents it's about skills and how they match up! Out of the guys in the top 3 pfp who would win if they all where the same size.

I think Anderson Silva is P4P king.

Jones is a close 2nd.

I know he has 2 losses on his record but they were both considered flukes which he proved in the rematches. He is 24-2 and I think if he loses to Hendricks it'll be because he gets caught again. He prolly wins the rematch. I am getting tired of his decisions victories but you cant deny his dominance over the diviosion. If he beats Hendricks he wont lose the belt for awhile and should be P4P for sure if there is any argument. Thoughts?

Oh, already making excuses if he loses? I can't believe my eyes. It won't be because Hendricks beat him, but because he gets caught, no matter how the fight ends?

Does anybody think that if GSP is a better fighter then Jon Jones at this point in time?

Certainly not an all-time GSP hater like you. Must be annoying to hate the guy so much and discredit him all the time only to see other p4p greats such as Penn and Silva fall before him. :icon_lol:

Maybe that's a fair point, I'll just put him 4th after those guys I mentioned.

The thing that bothers me the most about GSP, is that I think he could be a killer if he fought to finish people instead of clock-running. He is ironically, wasting his potential. Speaking as an MMA fan here. I know he's keeping his "brand" safe with his boring style.

That's exactly how I feel about it, though I would not label him a "clock rider". I just think that he has a level of safety that he will keep no matter what. If a finish presents itself possible within those limits, he will do it, if not, he won't. I don't think he focus on riding the clock, he just focus on staying safe.

Are we talking about all-time or current p4p king? Cause GSP is neither of those while Jones is the latter.

Winning is winning when it comes to records and divisional belts but when you're comparing the dominance of two guys who will never fight eachother, higher level considerations come into play. Finishing your opponent is the highest form of dominating your opponent. Like it or not, a decision victory is and always will be someone's opinion of who won a fight. Fights ending with a finish end with a decisive fact of who won the fight.

It would be one thing if GSP's decision wins were of the Fedor vs Nog variety, where the involvement of a clock with time limits was the only thing preventing Fedor from beating Nog to death. The clock literally saved Nog. GSP, on the other hand, uses the clock as his means of victory by running it out before his opponent has a chance to beat him. It's good enough to win fights and hold his divisional belt, but it makes for a weak argument of dominance.

agree to disagree

gsp without the clock will eventually beat his opponents to mush (it might take longer than fedor but he would do it)

gsp and fedor are two of my favourite fighters so i'm pretty objective about it

there is never any doubt as to gsp's fights who wins

gsp has been doing it longer and his competition is higher than jones

like i said jones is probably not too far away, and will likely overtake gsp

Pics of what? Serra and Hughes? Because he made them look like amateurs in the rematch.
Only because you asked.

9k=

Doesn't look like he fought an amatuer to me but maybe they're tougher where you come from.

Turn it down a notch.

Pfp is not about opponents it's about skills and how they match up! Out of the guys in the top 3 pfp who would win if they all where the same size.

That's really hard to say though because as the athlete gets larger he tends to lose speed and mobility, everything changes. You can't say a 145 lb Aldo will move like a 205 lb Aldo, am I right ?

GSP p4p king, no just no. wont fight up in weight. majority of his opponents are way smaller than him. and he cant finish fights.

anderson and jones are top 2

GSP just no

So much wrong in this post.

GSP fights too cautiously and will not likely change. I consider finishing a big part of dominance

So shields, alves, koscheck, Fitch, hardy and 3 legit LWs Matt Serra, Sean Sherk and bj penn (20 lb weight difference between bj and gsp) count as tough completion?

Jon has fought and finished the absolute best. Who else has finished shogun, lyoto, and rampage?!? He's also put solid beatings on rashad and bonnar. His only gimme title fights were vitor and chael. Hopefully he gets a little more hespect when (if) he polishes off Gus.

GSP wasn't heavier than Sherk and Serra and he was 13 pounds heavier than Penn.

Certainly not an all-time GSP hater like you. Must be annoying to hate the guy so much and discredit him all the time only to see other p4p greats such as Penn and Silva fall before him. :icon_lol:

Calm yourself, you don't need to get worked up because I think GSP is #2 instead of #1, just be mature about it and understand that people might feel different about things then you do.

This isn't about Silva or Penn, I am not sure where you pulled that from. If anything, I feel better about Silva now that I've felt in years, and I am really looking forward to see him fight again.

God if jones has to Lose I hope it's to Gus and not DC. I find DC to be unbearable, rarely do I dislike a fighter just based off of their personality but yeah DC, no thanks.

This may anger Cormier fans but I think Gustaffson is a bigger threat to Jones' title reign than Cormier is. Gustaffson matches up with him better physically and Gus also has a good skill set. So if Jones gets by Gus I think Cormier will be no problem for Jones in the cage.

Certainly if silva beats weidman in the rematch he reclaims his spot. If jones beats Gus he's #2 but then what about Aldo vs KZ and gsp vs Hendricks?

That's exactly how I feel about it, though I would not label him a "clock rider". I just think that he has a level of safety that he will keep no matter what. If a finish presents itself possible within those limits, he will do it, if not, he won't. I don't think he focus on riding the clock, he just focus on staying safe.

He was satisfied with wrestling Diaz to a turtle position and holding him there, not even passing his guard once in the entire fight. Not even really trying to. To me that's clock-running. I think we more or less agree though, probably just a matter of semantics.

He was satisfied with wrestling Diaz to a turtle position and holding him there, not even passing his guard once in the entire fight. Not even really trying to. To me that's clock-running. I think we more or less agree though, probably just a matter of semantics.

So, you're forgetting about Diaz turtling on the ground, being in defensive mode not allowing him to do anything, right?

It takes two people to fight, Diaz shut down on the ground for the most part.

Maybe that's a fair point, I'll just put him 4th after those guys I mentioned.

The thing that bothers me the most about GSP, is that I think he could be a killer if he fought to finish people instead of clock-running. He is ironically, wasting his potential. Speaking as an MMA fan here. I know he's keeping his "brand" safe with his boring style.

Sometimes i wonder how you became a mod. You sound like PositiveBalance 2.0.

That's really hard to say though because as the athlete gets larger he tends to lose speed and mobility, everything changes. You can't say a 145 lb Aldo will move like a 205 lb Aldo, am I right ?

The term was never ment for larger guys! It was ment to describe how good smaller fighters are. "For my money pfp fighter x from flywieght would beat fighter x from heavywieght!

Back