GSP is the P4P king. He is undefeated in a stacked division.

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know he has 2 losses on his record but they were both considered flukes which he proved in the rematches. He is 24-2 and I think if he loses to Hendricks it'll be because he gets caught again. He prolly wins the rematch. I am getting tired of his decisions victories but you cant deny his dominance over the diviosion. If he beats Hendricks he wont lose the belt for awhile and should be P4P for sure if there is any argument. Thoughts?

I think Anderson Silva is P4P king.

Yes, even after his loss to Weidman.

If he can't even finish people in his own division then it's ridiculous to think he's p4p king. Jon Jones all day err day.

Welterweight is much more stacked than hw or ww had ever been, and Georges makes them all look amateur.

I agree with you, but because he doesn't finish them, apparently he isn't impressive or something, so no one else will agree with you.

If he can't even finish people in his own division then it's ridiculous to think he's p4p king. Jon Jones all day err day.

Jones has a size and reach advantage every fight except Gus. If he keeps winning then ya eventually he will be.

GSP? SERIOUSLY?? Dominance is finishing fights at least OCCASIONALLY. Boring decisions are not that, especially when GSP has ZERO GNP, ZERO submission skills and basic standup with good wrestling. Big Rig will finish him. And the WW division is NOWHERE near stacked.

Shutting your opponent down in every facet of mma is much more impressive.

Just because you finish you're opponent doesn't make you better than them. Is boetsch better than okami?

GSP? SERIOUSLY?? Dominance is finishing fights at least OCCASIONALLY. Boring decisions are not that, especially when GSP has ZERO GNP, ZERO submission skills and basic standup with good wrestling. Big Rig will finish him. And the WW division is NOWHERE near stacked.

Which ban are you?

Welterweight is much more stacked than hw or ww had ever been, and Georges makes them all look amateur.

I agree with you, but because he doesn't finish them, apparently he isn't impressive or something, so no one else will agree with you.
I like GSP as a fighter and think he makes a great example of a MMA fighter but that highlighted statement is silly.
Somebody's gonna post some post fight pics of GSP.

Shutting your opponent down in every facet of mma is much more impressive.

Just because you finish you're opponent doesn't make you better than them. Is boetsch better than okami?

We're talking about p4p king. Finishing someone is the ultimate form of dominance. GSP does just enough to win fights but he falls short of being the most dominant fighter.

Are his two losses really thought to be flukes?

Especially being sub'd by Matt Hughes... With only seven previous pro fights prior to stepping in the octagon against a long-standing champion and being sub'd equates to a fluke? I'm not sure I agree. I think this might simply have been a huge jump in talent that he was yet ready for.

I know he has 2 losses on his record but they were both considered flukes which he proved in the rematches.

He isn't undefeated and the loss to Matt Hughes was in no way a fluke. If Jon Jones beats Gustaffson, I still have to have Jones as the #1 P4P. He would be 20-0 if not for the DQ loss, fighting constantly high level competition. GSP's inactivity and losses hurt him. Jon Jones is just taking fights too fast for GSP to keep up, and he is DESTROYING his opponents.

I haven't heard one good reason yet as to why Jon Jones should be #1 P4P over GSP

Back