GSP goat? Lol! Remember vaseline cheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing against GSP but even Dana said that night,"He got caught greasing." That was already a term and tactic. There is no way GSP would risk what happened in the first Penn fight and he greased so that he could go in for takedowns without worrying about Penn's Jiu Jitsu. Don't try to act like it didn't happen.
And he did that in the ring rather than in the dressing room or on the walk because?

And he did that in the ring rather than in the dressing room or on the walk because?
Because... the ref does a "check" before he steps into the cage. Mouthpiece, cup, foreign substance/object check... is normal.

Because... the ref does a "check" before he steps into the cage. Mouthpiece, cup, foreign substance/object check... is normal.
Lol really ? Back then they weren't looking for a little vaseline on the chest , also it could have been done in a stealthy way easily in the ring but it wasn't, why do you think that is ?

Also back when this was a pertinent issue there was a vid of Stitch Duran wiping vaseline on a fighters chest during fight which showed what a non issue this was before " grease gate "

Lol really ? Back then they weren't looking for a little vaseline on the chest , also it could have been done in a stealthy way easily in the ring but it wasn't, why do you think that is ?

Also back when this was a pertinent issue there was a vid of Stitch Duran wiping vaseline on a fighters chest during fight which showed what a non issue this was before " grease gate "
Sorry. The way Nurse put it on was "stealthy". It wasn't until Penn's corner complained about it, did they check for it. Had Penn said nothing, even I, would have walked away thinking how tough GSP was, as I did when the fight ended. I remember thinking that GSP had become the "real deal" and would stay champion for a long time to come. I was partly right. He did hold the belt for a good while but he wasn't the "real deal". I lost a lot of respect for him and his team, much the way I have for jones, because he would cheat to fight a smaller guy.

I sense positivebalance in this thread

I don't want to discredit GSP, but for me that talk about "170.9lbs is okay" was the shadiest moment in his career.

Everybody did 170.0lbs up until GSP was unable to do it.

There was a hearing and GSP won. The best case you can make is that Phil Nurse did something wrong, GSP did not.

Is that your best argument against GSP?

Yeah sure I remember the "Cryin Hawaiian" like it was yesterday...even though it was a long time ago and WTF is your point TS. BJ ran to his mommy hahahahaha.

Haha ts you missed that cry baby bandwagon years ago. GOATSP is not impressed.

Duh see post above
images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back