Grade President Obama

Economy: B
Foreign Policy: D.
Environment: B
Gay rights: A
Race Relations: D
war on Drugs and Drug policy: C-
Seems about fair. I'm an Obama supporter and while he wasn't perfect, the guys giving him F's as a whole are fucking morons.

Yeah, I do think he had a ton to handle though and an unfair amount of pressure was applied to him because he was black that wasn't applied to the presidents before him in this area. I really don't know what he could have done. What would you have specifically hoped he would do that would have made race relations better?
Agreed that he got so much shit because he was black. A lot of people just feel he should've been harsher against BLM and such. I, for example, agree with the general premise of BLM but hate how they go about things. Obama could have been like that. Just one example.

Compare him to other Presidents and how you think other Presidents would've done in his shoes.

He came into office after Bush with one of the worst debt in history and a war to fight. I think he did pretty well and unemployment rate dropped.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/01/obamas-numbers-january-2016-update/

• Homicides have dropped 13 percent, but gun sales have surged.
  • The economy has added more than 9 million jobs, and the jobless rate has dropped to below the historical median.
  • The number of long-term unemployed Americans has dropped by 614,000 under Obama, but it is still 761,000 higher than at the start of the Great Recession.
  • Corporate profits are up 166 percent; real weekly wages are up 3.4 percent.
  • There are 15 million fewer people who lack health insurance.
  • Wind and solar power have nearly tripled, and now account for more than 5 percent of U.S. electricity.
  • The federal debt has more than doubled — rising 116 percent — and big annual deficits have continued.

So if the government is doing/ covering up something illegal then the whistleblower should get punished? The government was the one betraying America. At the very least both parties should get punished, not just the whistleblower.
We have to enforce laws against treason. The citizens of this country shouldn't feel like treason is a soft offense that they will get a slap on the wrist for.

You can't commit crimes because you think you're right.

Overall a C.

Internationally he handled situations like Iran and North Korea correctly as a diplomat. The perception he brought back on how a president should act in public was also much needed.

Outside of the expected social issues. He pretty much carried on and expanded Bushs policies.

Yeah, I do think he had a ton to handle though and an unfair amount of pressure was applied to him because he was black that wasn't applied to the presidents before him in this area. I really don't know what he could have done. What would you have specifically hoped he would do that would have made race relations better?

Edit: that first sentence here is one of the most confusing, poorly written run-on sentences I've ever written. Sorry. Hopefully you still get what I'm trying to say.
I get you.
I personally feel like he could have been a calming voice. I think he ignored the problem, especially in Chicago and its out of control now. I found his non action on the whole thing puzzling.

I can get down with this. Why the hate against Snowden though?
I commend him for coming forward about the wrongdoing of our government against our people. I don't like that he ran to one of our greatest enemies and hid from the consequences of his actions. He continues to tweet at us like an arrogant prick and has the nerve to want a pardon? Fuck that.

In addition, he didn't just dump info on the wiretapping but thousands of other files that could have put our countrymen at risk.

I can believe he did our country a great service but that he's also a fucking coward hiding from our people. If he felt morally right, he would have faced the consequences and plead his case to our country.

Economy: B- (stocks high, sure, but highest number of Food Stamp recipients as well and lowest workforce participation rate); Federal Employees get no pay raise while moochers get more benefits, again that's not a proper growing functioning economy to me

Military/Defense: C- (I actually like the drone usage versus boots on the ground in some cases), but the many failures in Africa/ME and shit like Fast and Furious is just egregious. Also his lack of pay raises was downright offensive

Foreign Policy: C+ his stance on Israel is absurd, can't say the word 'Islamic terrorist' which is just downright embarrassing, and panders to the leftists in Europe a lil too much for my liking

Race Relations: F-, about as worse as can possibly be imagined, his own city experiences record numbers of shooting and he does exactly what to prevent that? NOT A DAMN THING, plus all the
BLM/riots/whiny protesters, we're much worse off in that regards than under Bush or Clinton or Reagan

Domestic policies: C+ almost exclusively relies on Obamacare, which uh ya got repealed and personally effected me quite negatively. He did deport some Illegal criminals though, that's pretty legit but that's offset by Sanctuary Cities and other bullshit he allows

C

Passable'ish job domestically.

Not a single correct foreign policy decision.

Economy: B- (stocks high, sure, but highest number of Food Stamp recipients as well and lowest workforce participation rate); Federal Employees get no pay raise while moochers get more benefits, again that's not a proper growing functioning economy to me

Military/Defense: C- (I actually like the drone usage versus boots on the ground in some cases), but the many failures in Africa/ME and shit like Fast and Furious is just egregious. Also his lack of pay raises was downright offensive

Foreign Policy: C+ his stance on Israel is absurd, can't say the word 'Islamic terrorist' which is just downright embarrassing, and panders to the leftists in Europe a lil too much for my liking

Race Relations: F-, about as worse as can possibly be imagined, his own city experiences record numbers of shooting and he does exactly what to prevent that? NOT A DAMN THING, plus all the
BLM/riots/whiny protesters, we're much worse off in that regards than under Bush or Clinton or Reagan

Domestic policies: C+ almost exclusively relies on Obamacare, which uh ya got repealed and personally effected me quite negatively. He did deport some Illegal criminals though, that's pretty legit but that's offset by Sanctuary Cities and other bullshit he allows
I also preferred the drone strikes to boots on the ground. As for Chicago, he isn't mayor there, he isn't a county chairman and isn't governor there. There are people in place to work on the issues there, if the president focused solely on one city I don't think he'd be doing his job well. The president of citibank doesn't work as a teller just because a branch is having customer service issues.

Last edited:
A+

For Gays getting married and white knighting Islam all over the world

Imposing izlam: A+++

@seiger

Solid Aplus.

what did he do wrong?

even freed chelsea manning and fucked israel at the end

the only thing i thought was too much was some of the drone stuff. drones cause less casualties than old school wars do, but some of it was too much and killing american citizens without trial is questionable.

Seems about fair. I'm an Obama supporter and while he wasn't perfect, the guys giving him F's as a whole are fucking morons.

I honestly believe that much of his "failure" was due to the constant opposition and road blocks by the GOP. some on the right never gave him a chance.

I do think he dropped the ball on a host of issues as well.

I also preferred the drone strikes to boots on the ground. As for Chicago, he isn't mayor there, he isn't a county chairman and isn't governor there. There are people in place to work on the issues there, if the president focused solely on one city I don't think he'd be doing his job well. The president of citibank doesn't work as a teller just because a branch us having customer service issues.
I only used Chicago b/c it's the most egregious example, and he does NOTHING. Same w/ I don't know DC (the city he works/lives in), Baltimore right across the way, etc...

When your exact demographic is experiencing some ultra egregious shit, yet you only focus on the Cops that occasionally harm that demographic unfairly, well......

you aren't really trying to solve anything, clearly, but pander and give people a scapegoat.

He's a master at that shit, i'll give him that. "That coulda been my son' ya ok

I'll put it this way, if Obama cared about race relations would there even be a BLM?

I don't think so

Americans please rate Obamacare.

As an Englishman, I still don't know the general consensus.

Good question. I have seen some guys here claim their premiums sky rocketed under ACA and some say it granted them coverage they never had. I don't live in America so I will let one of them answer it.

My 2 cents
Obamacare: C
Before Obamacare: D
Trumpcare: TBD

Speaking for myself, and I think, the general consensus, people really like most of the individual components, such as:
  • kids getting to stay on parent's insurance longer
  • it being illegal for health insurance companies to deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions
  • actually making health care affordable for people without employer based plans
But people didn't like how the plan was funded. How strong that dislike was ranged from "Meh" to "The Rage of 1,000 Exploding Volcanoes."

I honestly believe that much of his "failure" was due to the constant opposition and road blocks by the GOP. some on the right never gave him a chance.

I do think he dropped the ball on a host of issues as well.

Well our government isn't set up to do everything the president tells them to do and dems fucked themselves by removing the powers of the minority so they could fuck over Republicans.

Obama: C
Congress: F
Press/Media: F

Back