Grade President Obama

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Considering he has less than 23 hours until he's booted out, what letter grade would you give him and why.

My grade: D

The good-
- Stabilized America during his first years as president from the recession
- LBGT rights
- Commuting non-violent drug offenders
- Freeing Chelesea Manning
- Overtime pay increase
- EPA regulations

The bad-
- Iraq is in shambles. So is Afghanistan really
- Took forever to free Chelsea Manning
-Won't free Snowden
-NSA
- Hillary shill
- Same ol' corruption
- Drone policy
- Didn't fight to make weed legal
- Flint still doesn't have clean water
- Russia hacked the election bullshit
- Race relations imploded under him
- Couldn't pass gun reform
- Couldn't get government run healthcare. Obamacare has too many problems

Economy: A-
Foreign policy: D
Change to Washington: F
Gay rights: A-
Drug enforcement: D (No permanent change and a few commutations didn't help the thousands incarcerated)
Environment: B
Healthcare: B- (not bad really, but the you can keep your doctor/insurance lie bugged me as did the website rollout debacle- but most other presidents get an F in this category)
Debt/deficit- B (though I understand his position regarding the debt, he really brought the deficit down - debt payments as a percentage of our gdp aren't crazy out of control so I don't really care about it hitting 20T)

Fuck Edward Snowden

Freeing Chelsea Manning is good? A person convicted of treason getting out of jail because he had a sex change and is sad?

Drug enforcement: D (No permanent change and a few commutations didn't help the thousands incarcerated)

Fuck Edward Snowden

I can get down with this. Why the hate against Snowden though?

Fuck Edward Snowden
This is probably pretty fair. How would you grade him on race relations?

D+

He's good at playing stoic.

He's hovering outside the top 30 of GOAT Presidents. Might go further down my official list if he does another fuck up before he leaves.

Freeing Chelsea Manning is good? A person convicted of treason getting out of jail because he had a sex change and is sad?

Who gives a fuck if she/he had a sex change. Manning could have been a dog for all people care. Manning was a whistleblower, and without whistleblowers we'd never know what our government is hiding from us. They will always be needed.

Economy: B
Foreign Policy: D.
Gay rights: A
Race Relations: D
war on Drugs and Drug policy: C-

Who gives a fuck if she/he had a sex change. Manning could have been a dog for all people care. Manning was a whistleblower, and without whistleblowers we'd never know what our government is hiding from us. They will always be needed.
There are consequences to betraying your country, no matter how many people think you were right.

I'm sure this will be a very respectful thread where everyone calmly and honestly offers up their very unbiased opinions.

This is probably pretty fair. How would you grade him on race relations?
I don't think he really did much to influence it to be honest. Race relations worsened because of who he is, but not necessarily because of what he did.

Americans please rate Obamacare.

As an Englishman, I still don't know the general consensus.

I don't think he really did much to influence it to be honest. Race relations worsened because of who he is, but not necessarily because of what he did.
I think he's up for criticism there. It's a pretty massive and high profile problem in the country right now.

There are consequences to betraying your country, no matter how many people think you were right.
So if the government is doing/ covering up something illegal then the whistleblower should get punished? The government was the one betraying America. At the very least both parties should get punished, not just the whistleblower.

People who take an oath and then break it aren't needed and can't be trusted.

I think he's up for criticism there. It's a pretty massive and high profile problem in the country right now.
Yeah, I do think he had a ton to handle though and an unfair amount of pressure was applied to him because he was black that wasn't applied to the presidents before him in this area. I really don't know what he could have done. What would you have specifically hoped he would do that would have made race relations better?

Edit: that first sentence here is one of the most confusing, poorly written run-on sentences I've ever written. Sorry. Hopefully you still get what I'm trying to say.

B-

In retrospect, I think his biggest mistake was not universalizing Medicare as a single payer option when he had the chance and could have rammed it through. Instead, he tried to compromise with the right and the insurance companies, and Obamacare was the "meh" result.

Had a shit ton of an economic mess to clean up. Did a pretty good job of cleaning it, but the recovery mostly missed the middle class.

Excellent on balancing environmental issues with energy needs.

A bit too passive in foreign policy, but didn't do anything really big and monumentally stupid ala G.W.'s Iraq invasion.

Should have been more supportive of law enforcement and tried to reframe the BLM debate into less divisive terms.

Last edited:
Back