Grade President Obama

I disagree. I think the US should have pushed for an agreement with the Iraqi government to keep combat troops in for a longer period of time. Al-Sadr was stirring the hornets nest before we even left; it was predictable what would happen. In the 2+ years without a serious US military presence in Iraq (2011-2014), the country descended into complete chaos. Yes, the region had been unstable since Bush toppled Hussein, but leaving Iraq when it was already in the midst of widespread sectarian violence was a poor call by Obama. I think even Obama realized this given he launched the military intervention in June 2014.
Same thing in Afghanistan. The Taliban is even bigger than they were before 9/11 and now controls roughly 80% of the Helmand Province.

Did he not run on hope and change, and as a uniter?

I guess healthcare wasnt what the innercity really needs
I don't disagree with any of that. But how the human beings of this country treat each other isn't his job, nor is it within his control. Also, that kind of personal responsibility, blaming others for your behavior, is totally un-American.

I don't disagree with any of that. But how the human beings of this country treat each other isn't his job, nor is it within his control. Also, that kind of personal responsibility, blaming others for your behavior, is totally un-American.
that last statement, and the irony of it regarding this subject, is exactly what I'm saying he needs to address....

Same thing in Afghanistan. The Taliban is even bigger than they were before 9/11 and now controls roughly 80% of the Helmand Province.
which, non coincidentally, is where the focus of the USMC's efforts during the war was....

take them out....and what do you know

B-

In retrospect, I think his biggest mistake was not universalizing Medicare as a single payer option when he had the chance and could have rammed it through. Instead, he tried to compromise with the right and the insurance companies, and Obamacare was the "meh" result.

Had a shit ton of an economic mess to clean up. Did a pretty good job of cleaning it, but the recovery mostly missed the middle class.

Excellent on balancing environmental issues with energy needs.

A bit too passive in foreign policy, but didn't do anything really big and monumentally stupid ala G.W.'s Iraq invasion.

Should have been more supportive of law enforcement and tried to reframe the BLM debate into less divisive terms.
I love the idea how he had to "compromise" with the right, nevermind the clown was bought out by special interests.....

F+

He divided the country more than ever. Would not take clear positions on so many critical issues by speaking PC.
You can go on for ever.

that last statement, and the irony of it regarding this subject, is exactly what I'm saying he needs to address....
The subject was blaming the president, one man, for how we treat each other. I don't really see your argument regarding that.

The subject was blaming the president, one man, for how we treat each other. I don't really see your argument regarding that.
I didn't blame him for anything, I said he has done jack and shit to address it. And if we're being honest, he has clearly stoked the flames as well

He sure as hell had no problem addressing mass shootings that weren't in the inner city, it's quite the double standard

I didn't blame him for anything, I said he has done jack and shit to address it. And if we're being honest, he has clearly stoked the flames as well

He sure as hell had no problem addressing mass shootings that weren't in the inner city, it's quite the double standard
What is he supposed to do, what can he do, besides making tough love speeches to some of these communities, which he has done repeatedly?

What is he supposed to do, what can he do, besides making tough love speeches to some of these communities, which he has done repeatedly?
I take it you have no problem w/ him refusing to say Islamic Terrorist as well?

I think over all the biggest thing he will be remembered for is being the first AA president, well the first one that identified as black and was legitimate. No Bill you were not the first black president.

So other then that he be above average but not much, better then Jimmy (although Jimmy is a great person) but nowhere near the top.

It kind of a shame he could never rise to the call.

History will not be kind to Barack Obama. The near term press, media, and Hollywood weirdos will adore him, but in time as the reality of his reign is written, he was the biggest loser of a President since Jimmy Carter.

Economy: F

(Never a GDP over 3.0, (E6) sucked, Home ownership bad, standard of living down, Household Incomes down, #'s out of work way up, National Debt Skyrocketed, Part Time Job Market became the norm

Domestic Issues: D

(He was really poor domestically: Obamacare, IRS Targeting Conservatives, Spying on A.P. reporters, Solyndra)

Foreign Policy:
F

(He failed internationally: Iran, Russia, China, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Israel, ISIS)

Environment: C

(Allowed for the closure of San Onofre causing $500 Million more fossil fuel burned each year, Killed the Federal Loan Guarantee for South Texas Project 3 & 4 causing more carbon emissions. Did well on Scrubbers on Coal plants. Attempted Solar, but did it wrong. Solar farms are for stupid people. Solar in urban areas, rooftops, roads, etc... is the smart way.)

Gay rights: N/C (This is a ridiculous item to measure. Gays are less than 1.5% of the population.)

Race Relations: F

(St. Louis, Cambridge, Trayvon Martin, Charlotte, Dallas, etc....)

Barack Obama is what happens when you put an immature, empty suit into the White House. He had no real private sector experience and governed as an ideologue.

which, non coincidentally, is where the focus of the USMC's efforts during the war was....

take them out....and what do you know
They only controlled roughly 10% of the province at the height of the surge there. All those marines and soldiers fought and died over nothing. One battalion (3/5) had over 200 casualties alone.

Back