Grade President Obama

He was unfit for the job in the first place because he never ran anything in his life.

Economy: A
Foreign Policy: B-
Environment: B-
Communication: A+
Healthcare: C+
Gay Rights: A

Overall probably like a high B to a really low A. If he got the public option in the ACA that would've turned into an A. If he had killed the leader of ISIS before leaving office, Foreign Policy would've turned into an A.

Generally speaking he's responsible for moderate improvement in just about every area of concern.

Agree with this sentiment for the most part. He was a good president in most ways. "Hope and change" it was not, would have liked to see what he could accomplish with even a little cooperation across the aisle. But he got a lot of things moving in the right direction.
He had the House and Senate for the 1st part of his presidency!

I think he was a good POTUS for most domestic issues. I would have liked to see him push for universal HC, promoting nuclear power, taking pot off the schedule 1 class list (small issue, but it's absolutely absurd), decrease the power and scope of the NSA's data collection program, and been more forward in his support for LGBT rights (he kinda rode the wave of swaying public opinion instead of leading it).

On the other hand, it's always hard to judge a POTUS immediately after he leaves office. Many of his domestic reforms (ACA) may be altered or completely rescinded. I think he will be harshly criticized by historians for his short-sighted exit from Iraq. The government was not nearly stable enough to control the country and we've all seen the dire consequences. And, yes, it wasn't Obama's decision to be in Iraq in the first place, but it was his responsibility as incoming POTUS to maintain stability there and he completely failed on that front.

All in all, I think he'll be ranked in the top 25% somewhere. I have a fear that our new Carnival Barker in Chief will not be ranked as highly. Sad!

lulz at all the A's in Economy. It's like nobody gives a fuck about the national debt.

Easy A for a good try at healthcare, advance of civil rights, a move toward green & hi tech, oil management, immigration priorities, Cuban relations, Russia sanctions, and plenty of other things. Weak on privacy/secrecy/whistleblowers, weak for not identifying the ISIS threat soon enough. Good for saving American military lives by withholding them, but the flip side of that was worse effectiveness and accountability trying to manage militia groups. Great for the relatively low scandal & corruption levels. Easily top 10/43.

I think he will be harshly criticized by historians for his short-sighted exit from Iraq. The government was not nearly stable enough to control the country and we've all seen the dire consequences.

How would he have been judged for staying? I think badly. I don't really see what's happened since as necessarily being worse than staying would be even in hindsight. It's just a messed-up area, and outside of really stepping up far beyond what the public has a stomach for, I don't see much America can do.

lulz at all the A's in Economy. It's like nobody gives a fuck about the national debt.

Deficits dropped dramatically during Obama's presidency, and the ACA does more to reduce long-term debt than any legislation ever passed.

Great for the relatively low scandal & corruption levels.

That's something that gets overlooked. I don't think people appreciate how unusual the lack of scandal and corruption has been.

Which is why he was able to help turn the economy around despite the republican resistance to any progress.
If you print 7 trillion dollars, you can have a good time for a while. The problem is it creates a foundation built on sand. We are setting records alright look at the:
National Debt
Corporate Debt
Student Loans
Auto Loans

These are not signs of health. It will come to a head, because we didn't learn anything from the last crises. Even a 10 year old knows that you don't solve a debt crises with more debt! If someone thinks this works, go to Zimbabwe and see how it worked for them.

100%2Btrillion%2BZ%2B%2524.jpg

F for being a war criminal (although kpt018 told me that torture isn't a war crime).

D

His crown jewel was obamacare which is a fucking disaster and had the worst implemented roll out possible

plus he allowed the NSA to become the thing of nightmares and is trying to trade freedom for security

I dont even need to bother to get into the rest of the problems i have with him. He doesnt get an F because we're not in total war or another depression

Economy: A
Foreign Policy: B-
Environment: B-
Communication: A+
Healthcare: C+
Gay Rights: A

Overall probably like a high B to a really low A. If he got the public option in the ACA that would've turned into an A. If he had killed the leader of ISIS before leaving office, Foreign Policy would've turned into an A.

Generally speaking he's responsible for moderate improvement in just about every area of concern.

Lol at grading having "gay rights" as a top 6 measure for a president, like its as important as the economy or foreign policy

does every other president prior to bush get an F?

Race Relations: F-, about as worse as can possibly be imagined, his own city experiences record numbers of shooting and he does exactly what to prevent that? NOT A DAMN THING, plus all the
BLM/riots/whiny protesters, we're much worse off in that regards than under Bush or Clinton or Reagan
How does the president get blamed for how we as citizens treat each other. That's seems like a cheap way to pass the buck. And what could he realistically have done about shootings in Chicago?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you print 7 trillion dollars, you can have a good time for a while. The problem is it creates a foundation built on sand. We are setting records alright look at the:
National Debt
Corporate Debt
Student Loans
Auto Loans

These are not signs of health. It will come to a head, because we didn't learn anything from the last crises. Even a 10 year old knows that you don't solve a debt crises with more debt! If someone thinks this works, go to Zimbabwe and see how it worked for them.

100%2Btrillion%2BZ%2B%2524.jpg

You should do a little more research.

How would he have been judged for staying? I think badly. I don't really see what's happened since as necessarily being worse than staying would be even in hindsight. It's just a messed-up area, and outside of really stepping up far beyond what the public has a stomach for, I don't see much America can do.

I disagree. I think the US should have pushed for an agreement with the Iraqi government to keep combat troops in for a longer period of time. Al-Sadr was stirring the hornets nest before we even left; it was predictable what would happen. In the 2+ years without a serious US military presence in Iraq (2011-2014), the country descended into complete chaos. Yes, the region had been unstable since Bush toppled Hussein, but leaving Iraq when it was already in the midst of widespread sectarian violence was a poor call by Obama. I think even Obama realized this given he launched the military intervention in June 2014.

How is the president get blamed for how we as citizens treat each other. That's seems like a cheap way to pass the buck. And what could he realistically have done about shootings in Chicago?
Did he not run on hope and change, and as a uniter?

I guess healthcare wasnt what the innercity really needs

Using some other nerds template here's my ratings

Economy: D
Foreign Policy: E
Environment: C
Communication: D
Healthcare: D+
Gay Rights: Who gives a fuck
Divisiveness: A+

Overall he get's a D- and that's being generous.

I could have jumped in and said F as a counter-balance to the morons who think he was the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm trying to be objective.

Lol at grading having "gay rights" as a top 6 measure for a president, like its as important as the economy or foreign policy

does every other president prior to bush get an F?

Pretty much yeah. Even Bill gets an F on this issue for Don't Ask Don't Tell.

I don't.

Republicans won't in 48 hours.

So yeah, nobody gives a fuck about the national debt.

Economy: A-
Foreign policy: D
Change to Washington: F
Gay rights: A-
Drug enforcement: D (No permanent change and a few commutations didn't help the thousands incarcerated)
Environment: B
Healthcare: B- (not bad really, but the you can keep your doctor/insurance lie bugged me as did the website rollout debacle- but most other presidents get an F in this category)
Debt/deficit- B (though I understand his position regarding the debt, he really brought the deficit down - debt payments as a percentage of our gdp aren't crazy out of control so I don't really care about it hitting 20T)

Fuck Edward Snowden
This sounds good, i give Snowden a pass tho, nerd priviledge

I Honestly don't care about gay ppl, b/c you can just hide that shit in almost all everyday life.

I'm not saying to undermine gay ppl, just that if you're white and gay? you still have more rights and privilege than a basic hetero black brown or yellow guy.

Back