Good guy with a gun (uniformed cop) at Parkland Highschool shooting didn't engage shooter...

So cops should be allowed to be cowards cuz they are underpaid? And cops are not fuckin underpaid. This was a cushy job and he was making good money. Probably thought he would never have to lift a finger.

Even his own department thinks he is a disgrace. That is the job he signed up for. To protect those kids. That was his sole fuckin purpose.
I agree he signed up for it and should have done his duty. That's why I would never consider being a cop. Fuck protecting society for peanuts.

If you lived a million years your IQ would never get within 50 of mine (crystallized, of course).

We are in agreement.

Actually, I disagree. Over the course of a million years, it's most likely that I would at some point receive some serious head trauma from a car crash or getting hit by a meteorite, in which case -- if the brain damage i serious enough -- I could be lowered to within 50 points of your IQ. I'd to be nearly brain-dead, but that's possible.

Police are not legally obligated to protect you.

Crazy, huh?

That is absolutely cowardice, a fireable offense. Glad to see the school resource officer is suspended WITHOUT pay. Unfortunately these SRO positions do often fall to the lazy or cowardly officers, for obvious reasons.

When I was in high school in Austin, the school resource officers weren't full APD officers. They were auxiliary officers who didn't meet the fitness standards to become real cops.

One of our SROs was like 5 feet tall and had a bad leg. He could barely even walk up a flight of stairs. He had no business wearing a uniform and a gun.

I wonder what the general competency of SROs is compared to regular beat cops nationwide.

LOL. I understand that most of these lemmings haven't been in a fire fight, but FFS it's like they're not smart enough or willing to read/understand simple tactics like cover fire and why/how they work.

I understand that pussies are gonna pussy but the people arguing with you in this thread are making it pretty clear they wouldn't be smart enough to use a trigger in the first place. It makes me very pleased to know if our society ever breaks down I will have free reign on anything I want from them.

Please explain how you think covering fire is going to work in a 1 vs 1 situation, where Cruz has an AR-15 and the cop has a pistol.

Piece of shit. Absolute fucking coward. He should eat his fucking gun.

When I was in high school in Austin, the school resource officers weren't full APD officers. They were auxiliary officers who didn't meet the fitness standards to become real cops.

One of our SROs was like 5 feet tall and had a bad leg. He could barely even walk up a flight of stairs. He had no business wearing a uniform and a gun.

I wonder what the general competency of SROs is compared to regular beat cops nationwide.

Man, we had wonder cop in RRISD. Dude had full arrest powers and was built like a brick shithouse. No stamina though; If you could outrun that cat, you were home free.

The simple lesson here is that you can't count on anyone for your own safety but you. Maybe that's sink in with anyone who believes regular Joe shouldn't be allowed to carry in public.
Almost as if SCOTUS made a ruling along those same lines, no?

We are in agreement.

Actually, I disagree. Over the course of a million years, it's most likely that I would at some point receive some serious head trauma from a car crash or getting hit by a meteorite, in which case -- if the brain damage i serious enough -- I could be lowered to within 50 points of your IQ. I'd to be nearly brain-dead, but that's possible.

Trap set, dip set. You took the bait on that one.

The Sandy Hook gun was technically stolen even though it was his parent's

The Texas shooter should never have been allowed to have the gun sold to him but the Air Force didn't do their fucking job

Adam Lanza had full access to his mother's weapons. She taught him to shoot as a way to connect with him.

The same dynamic was present in the family of Kip Kinkel, who also killed his parents and shot up a school in Oregon back in the 90s.

I agree he signed up for it and should have done his duty. That's why I would never consider being a cop. Fuck protecting society for peanuts.

"As George Orwell pointed out, people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

School shooters tend to be highly motivated to do what they're doing. They usually go in armed to the teeth with long-arms, multiple backup weapons and vests full of ammo. A glorified security guard with a pistol is hardly a fair match.

It would probably be more sensible to try and stop psychopaths armed to the teeth from running into schools in the first place.

Actually many active shooters kill themselves at the first sign of confrontation with police or even before they arrive.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-study-2000-2013-1.pdf#page11

Don’t have the link off hand but there are more recent studies that I think show an even higher percentage off themselves at th first sign of being engaged.

Except if someone is really scared then that person drawing a gun with people around isn't exactly increasing safety. A gun still requires you to know what you're doing (not just being a good shot, but also being able to handle the various situations that can occur) if you're not to endanger more people. So the solution isn't that simple.

If someone is on a shooting spree safety is already out the window. If you can honestly say you'd rather nobody be around with a gun (who isn't a cop or security guard) when a guy is murdering people then ok. But that sounds pretty silly to me. Good luck with your UFC skills. :D

One last point. The civilian carrying his gun is going to be far more worried about killing an innocent person than cops will. Cops know they're not going to jail over a mistake whereas the citizen has a very real fear of that.

<TrumpWrong1>
You realize people have taken out gunmen before while they're reloading? Just off the top of my head, the Arizona shooter was stopped while reloading.

No, I don't. I realize that claim was made about the AZ guy. Although never did I see an actual first-hand account of that from anyone. Could be he ran out of rounds or his gun jammed or he just wasn't paying attention and someone assumed he was changing mags and that's the story that was run. Either way, I challenge you to find another story. In the meantime, how many shooters were stopped by firearms or the threat thereof?

Honestly now, if you're in that situation do you think to yourself it's good that you don't have a gun because you wouldn't want to escalate matters? You tell yourself you'll just sneak up behind him and when he drops a mag then rush him? What if he reloads while there's one in the chamber still? Personally I think if you're counting on those two seconds as a window of opportunity, compared to being armed yourself, you're kinda naive.

More food for thought. I read that Lanza switched out a number of mags that still had rounds in 'em. You ever think that going through those motions might be part of the fantasy for many of these assholes?

Please explain how you think covering fire is going to work in a 1 vs 1 situation, where Cruz has an AR-15 and the cop has a pistol.

OMG. You can't be that stupid. If the cop gets him 1v1 then the cop already achieved the optimal outcome. Are you fucking retarded?

Actually many active shooters kill themselves at the first sign of confrontation with police or even before they arrive.

I just saw this after I responded to another of his posts. I thought maybe he was trolling me but after you had to explain what you just explained to him I'm fairly sure he's actually retarded.

Man, we had wonder cop in RRISD. Dude had full arrest powers and was built like a brick shithouse. No stamina though; If you could outrun that cat, you were home free.

I saw our SRO try to break up a fight between two football players once. They were both a foot taller than him and didn't even know that he was there. He got knocked on his ass and couldn't get up on his own. One of the most pathetic and cringeworthy things that I've ever seen in person.

The fight was eventually broken up by two female teachers.

We used to joke that the dude wasn't capable of doing anything but pulling out his gun, which he never would have dared to do on anybody in our preppy, upper middle class student body.

Almost as if SCOTUS made a ruling along those same lines, no?

Just tackle the guy while he's reloading (nevermind who may get shot before he runs dry). I mean, it's pretty safe to assume we can all overpower any gunman out there. Probably shouldn't even have cops arrive with guns. Lots of confusion about. Somebody could get shot.

But that was his sole job. He is not some random guy. I know I can't do that. That is why I didn't sign up. His entire purpose is to protect those kids. And he should be able to take out some teenager. Like I said, Lee Harvey Oswald would have walked into that school and put a bullet in that kid's heady calmly. You think Oswald walking into that school is getting taken out by that kid? No chance.
Clearly going recklessly in against a better-armed shooter is not his sole job. That's just what people wanted him to have done in this situation. And there's no middle ground with people on stuff like this. He's either a turbo-valiant hero or a scum-sucking coward. This thread is a commentary on human nature.

Adam Lanza had full access to his mother's weapons. She taught him to shoot as a way to connect with him.

The same dynamic was present in the family of Kip Kinkel, who also killed his parents and shot up a school in Oregon back in the 90s.
I thought the story was he stole it out of the family safe?

Point more so is he was not of age to legally possess one without an adult with him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back