Good guy with a gun (uniformed cop) at Parkland Highschool shooting didn't engage shooter...

He Dont give AF. He just wanted his pension. Probably sipping martini's in St Thomas or something while media storm blows over.

You don’t spend enough years to be able to retire if you don’t care. He just shrank and failed to act when it mattered most and that will haunt him until a bullet puts it to rest I’d guess.

Would be interested to see if his actual reasons are provided.

The average cop is not capable of dealing with an active shooter, or proficient enough in room clearances (this is a training limitation, not disrespect to law enforcement).

The only acceptable reason would be if he judged the situation at the time and figured he would put more lives at risk by attempting to engage the threat with so many people around.

I'm sorry but a trained officer with a gun should be able to take out this kid spraying and praying. He must know some tactics. I can understand a guy like Lee Harvey Oswald, who is actually a good marksman, being hard to stop. But this is inexcusable. Kid was an amateur. Oswald would have smoked him lol. I would bet a lot on that. Oswald would have ran into that school and put a bullet through that kids head. Oswald has balls. You can't buy them or train them.

You don’t spend enough years to be able to retire if you don’t care. He just shrank and failed to act when it mattered most and that will haunt him until a bullet puts it to rest I’d guess.
You should act too! Call up your local legislator and tell them there needs to be serious talk about gun law reform.

So let me get this straight.

A team of SWAT officers arrive at a crime scene, huddle around and game plan, take up position before slowly entering the building and clearing room by room. Yet this lone officer was supposed to rush in and "kill the killer"

Lol that's some bullshit.

Active shooters, especially in a school, are different. There won’t be anyone staging outside for these other than maybe waiting a few seconds for 1 or 2 more bodies to go in with you.

Adults were talking, stay out, troll.

The thing is: I don't think you're a troll by design. If anything, you're a troll by nature. You are a troll due in simple fact to your incredible stupidity.

You aren't trying to be outlandish. It's just your default position due to being sincerely borderline-retarded.

should have given the gun to the teachers instead...

Active shooters, especially in a school, are different. There won’t be anyone staging outside for these other than maybe waiting a few seconds for 1 or 2 more bodies to go in with you.

You have any data to backup that claim? I know it took like 45 minutes for the first cop to enter Columbine. Granted that was one of the first of many school shootings.

No, you drooling moron.

My commentary is that required presence of an armed third party like that (a) won't necessarily help and could worsen the situation, and (b) will oftentimes result in errors in judgment or valor such as this. It's a giant expenditure and social risk or spurious benefits.

Trotsky....

Engage the suspect.

or

Don't engage the suspect, and let him continue his reign of terror.

giphy.gif

A team of SWAT officers arrive at a crime scene, huddle around and game plan, take up position before slowly entering the building and clearing room by room. Yet this lone officer was supposed to rush in and "kill the killer"

Yeah a lot of dudes are really flogging their dongs on this one. Not everyone eagerly rushes into a situation where the only thing they know for sure is that they are outgunned- not even internet warrior supremo tough motherfuckers running Microsoft Edge.

The thing is: I don't think you're a troll by design. If anything, you're a troll by nature. You are a troll due in simple fact to your incredible stupidity.

You aren't trying to be outlandish. It's just your default position due to being sincerely borderline-retarded.

If you lived a million years your IQ would never get within 50 of mine (crystallized, of course).

School shooters tend to be highly motivated to do what they're doing. They usually go in armed to the teeth with long-arms, multiple backup weapons and vests full of ammo. A glorified security guard with a pistol is hardly a fair match.

It would probably be more sensible to try and stop psychopaths armed to the teeth from running into schools in the first place.

It's a hypothetical part of the job. Don't become a chef if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen.

I bet that if that PE teacher wished he had a gun and if he did, he would've had at least a 30% chance of downing Cruz.

Trotsky....

Engage the suspect.

or

giphy.gif

That's not the distinction.

It's

(a) spend millions in public funds towards employing persons that might not even have a net beneficial effect

or

(b) don't, and realize how stupid the idea was in the first place

You have any data to backup that claim? I know it took like 45 minutes for the first cop to enter Columbine. Granted that was one of the first of many school shootings.

Columbine is precisely owhy it’s that way. They did stage and take forever to engage because they had not experienced anything like that before. Lessons were learned from that and now everyone trains to engage as soon as possible because every second counts.

Yeah a lot of dudes are really flogging their dongs on this one. Not everyone eagerly rushes into a situation where the only thing they know for sure is that they are outgunned- not even internet warrior supremo tough motherfuckers running Microsoft Edge.

But that was his sole job. He is not some random guy. I know I can't do that. That is why I didn't sign up. His entire purpose is to protect those kids. And he should be able to take out some teenager. Like I said, Lee Harvey Oswald would have walked into that school and put a bullet in that kid's heady calmly. You think Oswald walking into that school is getting taken out by that kid? No chance.

Trotsky....

Engage the suspect.

or

giphy.gif

LOL. I understand that most of these lemmings haven't been in a fire fight, but FFS it's like they're not smart enough or willing to read/understand simple tactics like cover fire and why/how they work.

I understand that pussies are gonna pussy but the people arguing with you in this thread are making it pretty clear they wouldn't be smart enough to use a trigger in the first place. It makes me very pleased to know if our society ever breaks down I will have free reign on anything I want from them.

I bet that if that PE teacher wished he had a gun and if he did, he would've had at least a 30% chance of downing Cruz.

Cruz probably would have shit his pants and went limp fetus if he saw someone else with a gun taking aim at him.

For whatever minimal training this officer had - Cruz had way less.

And another point - the responding officer doesn't have to win a firefight with Cruz. There are so many other outcomes that would have been superior to standing there and doing nothing.

A.) Getting close enough to him and shouting "POLICE - DROP THE FUCKING GUN!!" from behind a wall / around a corner.

B.) Taking cover and PINNING Cruz in a position where he can no longer move freely.

C.) Getting an exact - real time location of the shooter, and relaying it to the SWAT team.

D.) Be a good fucking civilian, and secure some doors, drag some wounded out, guide the children to safety. I'd expect my fucking 60+ year old mother to do that much, and she honestly probably would.

If it's so easy to run in a building and kill an active shooter, why is it so hard to not shoot unarmed suspects simply because they didn't follow your commands?

<NoneOfMy>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back