Good guy with a gun (uniformed cop) at Parkland Highschool shooting didn't engage shooter...

cops mostly exist as a source of revenue collection, and to keep the poors where they belong. They act as the governments own street gang and going toe to toe with armed assholes is NOT their MO unless its 2 in the morning and they can do it with 6 on 1 odds.

im being facetious of course

And here I thought it was you seeing the light.

<{hughesimpress}>

hi franklinstower,

that'll show'm, for sure.

hmmmf.

i'm not defending cowardice, i'm simply accepting that its a reality. four officers were on the scene, and all four of them came to the conclusion that facing down someone with an AR was not their cup of tea.

the realized, at that moment, that it wasn't Kosher to dash in there - like 99% of you would do (they lack your courageousness). they didn't muse about it last month and say to themselves in the mirror, "buddy, no way you're going heads up against a kid with an AR.". they just made a split second decision to live, as opposed to risk their own deaths.

i grasp that this is human nature - and i comprehend that this will happen again and again.

why can't you do that?

what is it anyway that you feel like celebrating? that kid Peter Wang, that got shot dead and then had Cruz unload a few more rounds into his corpse for good measure?

i feel like celebrating Mr. Lapierre.

that guy has balls of steel. in the wake of recent slaughter, he said, "The brilliance of America is that all of our freedoms are for every single citizen...[these freedoms are] not bestowed by man, but granted by God to all Americans as our American birthright."

what a psychopath, lol, he sounds like he's about to have an orgasm. its amazing. he should be applauded for his crazyness, due to its singular nature.

- IGIT
Y

Whatever your intent is it sure sounds like making excuses for cowardice. If you say that is not your intent OK then who am I to argue with that? On the other hand if you don't want to sound that way maybe change up the language a little bit eh?

Also some of us have put our lives at risk before and some of us know we would again. We need people like that.

So if the cops with guns won't save you then who will?

Is it, well the bad guy got a gun that he wasn't suppose to have, we took your gun and the cop doesn't want to fire fight with that guys rifle. SOL !!!!

So if the cops with guns won't save you then who will?

Is it, well the bad guy got a gun that he wasn't suppose to have, we took your gun and the cop doesn't want to fire fight with that guys rifle. SOL !!!!

hi ShadowRun and good morning to you!

what we need to do is consider arming our students.

they'd have to pass a series of tests and submit to all the necessary training - but an obvious step in properly defending our future...our most precious resource. our children.

maybe have a box with a three digit combo in every classroom, and conduct regular drills so the kids closest to the box know the protocols in making a dash for the firearm and assuming a defensive posture. with a gun.

for safety.

- IGIT

Last edited:
hi franklinstower,

Whatever your intent is it sure sounds like making excuses for cowardice. If you say that is not your intent OK then who am I to argue with that? On the other hand if you don't want to sound that way maybe change up the language a little bit eh?

i'm not excusing it, lol. for the last time, i'm not saying, "its alright that the cops did not risk their lives to save the children being slaughtered".

i am saying that i assume these are not the four greatest LEOs in the country...and i am also assuming they are not the four most cowardly LEOs in the country.

i am saying that they are probably normal cops. average.

so, i am also saying that this will occur again and no one should be surprised.

it also debunks the notion that a "good gun with a gun" would be able to nip these school slayings in the bud. it wasn't true at Columbine, and it wasn't true at Stoneman Douglas High School - so, whatever else one might say - maybe its time for 2nd amendment enthusiasts to give it a rest with their solutions for gun violence in US schools.

Also some of us have put our lives at risk before and some of us know we would again. We need people like that.

most of us haven't. most of us haven't charged into a deadly situation where someone would be shooting at us.

one of two things are true;

a) almost all of you here in this thread are more courageous than those four cops. reading the claims here, that certainly seems to be the case.

b) its easier to brave while typing from the comfort of one's den, but since these four cops are normal cops and not outliers, its likely most of you would have shit your pants and hid, despite your claims of bravery (ie, our POTUS would have charged in there with his bare hands).

- IGIT

hi franklinstower,

i'm not excusing it, lol. for the last time, i'm not saying, "its alright that the cops did not risk their lives to save the children being slaughtered".

i am saying that i assume these are not the four greatest LEOs in the country...and i am also assuming they are not the four most cowardly LEOs in the country.

i am saying that they are probably normal cops. average.

so, i am also saying that this will occur again and no one should be surprised.

it also debunks the notion that a "good gun with a gun" would be able to nip these school slayings in the bud. it wasn't true at Columbine, and it wasn't true at Stoneman Douglas High School - so, whatever else one might say - maybe its time for 2nd amendment enthusiasts to give it a rest with their solutions for gun violence in US schools.

most of us haven't. most of us haven't charged into a deadly situation where someone would be shooting at us.

one of two things are true;

a) almost all of you here in this thread are more courageous than those four cops. reading the claims here, that certainly seems to be the case.

b) its easier to brave while typing from the comfort of one's den, but since these four cops are normal cops and not outliers, its likely most of you would have shit your pants and hid, despite your claims of bravery (ie, our POTUS would have charged in there with his bare hands).

- IGIT

None of your arguments are very good. Go ahead and keep your opinion but do you know what I hear? I hear a coward who relates to cowards so fully that he thinks it is unlikely that people here or otherwise would have the courage to defend the weak and needy. I also hear someone who is prone to wanting to believe that because it is convenient to their position on gun control.

You dont sound reasonable- you sound like someone who is giving cowards a pass...... I guarantee you there are plenty of cops and civilians that would be happy to go in there and try to save those kids. This discussion is NOT just about what happened in this case and how is supports cowards who have cowardly arguments to make in favor of gun control. This discussion is about what is wrong and right and what we ought to strive for and what we ought not.

There was a wrestling coach who threw himself in from of bullets and died to save the kids, what do you think he would have done if he had a gun?

This discussion is also for the benefit of people who might be in the fence in a situation like this about what they would do. They should know there is only one right choice and that is to try and kill the shooter despite whatever fear may set in. You can hold this position AND still support gun control.

I am sorry that any kind of bravery is so far from you that you are skeptical and would use one instance to bolster that ill fated view.... and I am sorry that you dont feel inside of you a deep sense of valor or any kind of intensity around the possibility of putting life at risk to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
That man has to live the rest of his life knowing that he stood idly by while children were massacred.
This is all that needs to be said.

Don't take a job to protect little children if you aint going to carry out the work.

hi franlkinstower,

None of your arguments are very good. Go ahead and keep your opinion but do you know what I hear? I hear a coward who relates to cowards so fully that he thinks it is unlikely that people here or otherwise would have the courage to defend the weak and needy. I also hear someone who is prone to wanting to believe that because it is convenient to their position on gun control.

hmmm. i guess that's alright, if you think i'd be a coward.

i am not sure what i'd do, to be honest. if i had a firearm, and i was outside that school, and it sounded like opening stanza of Saving Private Ryan inside - would i run in there?

i don't know.

probably not. it would probably depend on what kind of day i was having and what i was looking forward to (like, if i was getting married the next day, i might not run in. who knows?)

You dont sound reasonable-

i sound like someone who lives here, on planet earth, who doesn't deny evidence that is plain as day, my friend.

one cop. two cop. three cop. then four cops.

they all arrive at the same conclusion - not to enter the school until more help arrives. therefore, its reasonable for me to say that "cop deciding he'd like more backup" is not some weird statistical outlier.

me accepting that fact makes me a realist. you denying that reality makes you delusional (i don't mean that in an insulting way).

This discussion is also for the benefit of people who might be in the fence in a situation like this about what they would do. They should know there is only one right choice and that is to try and kill the shooter despite whatever fear may set in. You can hold this position AND still support gun control.

lol.

we don't need you to lecture people about what to do, my friend. we have our President to do that!

he said he'd have run in there with just his bare hands and combover.

I am sorry that any kind of bravery is so far from you that you are skeptical and would use one instance to bolster that ill fated view.... and I am sorry that you dont feel inside of you a deep sense of valor or any kind of intensity around the possibility of putting life at risk to do so.

i've rushed bombsite B on Dust 2, with only a 228 compact and a flash grenade. took down 2 terrorists (one of them had a freaking MP5, wtf!) - and defused the bomb.

we're all brave in some way.

- IGIT

hi franlkinstower,

hmmm. i guess that's alright, if you think i'd be a coward.

i am not sure what i'd do, to be honest. if i had a firearm, and i was outside that school, and it sounded like opening stanza of Saving Private Ryan inside - would i run in there?

i don't know.

probably not. it would probably depend on what kind of day i was having and what i was looking forward to (like, if i was getting married the next day, i might not run in. who knows?)

i sound like someone who lives here, on planet earth, who doesn't deny evidence that is plain as day, my friend.

one cop. two cop. three cop. then four cops.

they all arrive at the same conclusion - not to enter the school until more help arrives. therefore, its reasonable for me to say that "cop deciding he'd like more backup" is not some weird statistical outlier.

me accepting that fact makes me a realist. you denying that reality makes you delusional (i don't mean that in an insulting way).

lol.

we don't need you to lecture people about what to do, my friend. we have our President to do that!

he said he'd have run in there with just his bare hands and combover.

i've rushed bombsite B on Dust 2, with only a 228 compact and a flash grenade. took down 2 terrorists (one of them had a freaking MP5, wtf!) - and defused the bomb.

we're all brave in some way.

- IGIT

I think what you would do is what you are doing-- argue FOR cowardice to make political points.....

I think what you would do is what you are doing-- argue FOR cowardice to make political points.....

hi franklinstower,

i don't think i'd argue with anyone in particular.

if i was outside of the school, armed, and heard a semi auto blasting away merrily inside, i'd probably contemplate my own mortality.

i'm not entirely positive what i'd do after that.

probably call 911 and, at best, take cover.

- IGIT

Well first you need a good guy with courage. If he's a puss that gun he has is just decoration.

Well first you need a good guy with courage. If he's a puss that gun he has is just decoration.

hiya cabear,

ideally, you have a good guy, with courage, in the room where the shooter makes his first appearance - and the shooter doesn't notice the good guy with a guy who has courage, and then the good guy with a gun shoots the bad guy and not the teacher or another student in the room (because the good guy with the gun will miss more than half the time).

then the whole problem is solved!

- IGIT

You gotta be forced into the situation, like those teachers that were shielding the students. I bet they were wishing they had a firearm on them.

hiya cabear,

ideally, you have a good guy, with courage, in the room where the shooter makes his first appearance - and the shooter doesn't notice the good guy with a guy who has courage, and then the good guy with a gun shoots the bad guy and not the teacher or another student in the room (because the good guy with the gun will miss more than half the time).

then the whole problem is solved!

- IGIT

It's so easy! Ha

You gotta be forced into the situation, like those teachers that were shielding the students. I bet they were wishing they had a firearm on them.

hi WorldofWarcraft,

you bet they were. not only that, i bet the kids (some of whom have surely had some experience) wish they had some guns too.

the only way to be truly safe is to arm the kids (the ones who consent to do so, of course, no one should be forced).

- IGIT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back