News GLORY returns to France for event at Dôme de Paris, April 27

‘The Golden Wolf’ Bahram Rajabzadeh will fight at GLORY 91 in Paris, in the Light-heavyweight division!
His opponent will be announced soon:

That’s really badass, he fought in the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix just last week.
We spoke to his manager, and he told us right now Bahram has his eyes on the LHW-title:

Bahram Rajabzadeh has an opponent!
He will fight Kevin Oumar, who is a 2x French Kickboxing champion and 5x French Sanda champion.
The Frenchman also competes in MMA (Pro-record: 9-4), and he’s the one who handed GLORY Light-heavyweight Mohamed Amine his first professional loss in MMA (third-round submission), about two years ago in UAE Warriors:

@samuelsoncast @Liverkick-king56

Multiple-time MuayThai world champion Youssef Boughanem has signed with GLORY Kickboxing and is set to fight on Glory 91 in Dôme de Paris, April 27!
The Moroccan-Belgian fighter will take on Mike’s Gym protégé Stanislav Kazentsev, who’s from Ukraine:

I did a little write-up about this signing with my Dutch combat sports outlet MainEventNL.
Here’s the English translation:

Youssef Boughanem is a former WBC Muay Thai, Lumpinee Stadium, Rajadamnern Stadium, WKN, and Thai Fight champion with a legendary record of 191-24-4.

The Moroccan-Belgian MuayThai fighter had a successful MMA-debut earlier this year at Fight and Furious, defeating his opponent in the second round with hard knees and punches.

French combat sports outlet La Sueur has just announced that Youssef Boughanem will debut on April 27th during GLORY 91 at the Dôme de Paris, France.
His will take on the Ukrainian Stanislav Kazentsev. They will fight at a catchweight of 72kg.

How will Youssef Boughanem fare in GLORY Kickboxing? 🇲🇦

-

✍🏽: Maurits School
📸: Youssef Boughanem

Follow MainEventNL

@spinup @Richard Fannin @Sasha @Koala @Koya @Jean-MMA @Trupsi @amok attitude @FrappeDuRocma @Rum that Chimay-Leffe @I.Broke.The.Bat! @Gohel @frontkick1 @Volumes @DC23 @Tronald Dump @Gamer007 @DjolexMTL

What do my French Sherbro’s think?
This news made it to several French media outlets like La Sueur, that’s why I’m asking.
Boughanem is quite a big name in combat sports and almost has 600k Instagram-followers, so I was wondering how big of a deal he/this is over there??
I know Youssef did his MMA-debut in France, and some of his fights made it to La Sueur before, so I’m really curious what you guys have to say:

Did you tag me because you think I'm french? You got me, my name is actually Tronalde Doump

I'm from MTL so I don't know about his french hype but looking forward to seeing him, gonna try tuning in

Multiple-time MuayThai world champion Youssef Boughanem has signed with GLORY Kickboxing and is set to fight on Glory 91 in Dôme de Paris, April 27!
The Moroccan-Belgian fighter will take on Mike’s Gym protégé Stanislav Kazentsev, who’s from Ukraine:

I did a little write-up about this signing with my Dutch combat sports outlet MainEventNL.

Youssef Boughanem is a former WBC Muay Thai, Lumpinee Stadium, Rajadamnern Stadium, WKN, and Thai Fight champion with a legendary record of 191-24-4.

The Moroccan-Belgian MuayThai fighter had a successful MMA-debut earlier this year at Fight and Furious, defeating his opponent in the second round with hard knees and punches.

French combat sports outlet La Sueur has just announced that Youssef Boughanem will debut on April 27th during GLORY 91 at the Dôme de Paris, France.
His will take on the Ukrainian Stanislav Kazentsev. They will fight at a catchweight of 72kg.

-

Follow MainEventNL

@spinup @Richard Fannin @Sasha @Koala @Koya @Jean-MMA @Trupsi @amok attitude @FrappeDuRocma @Rum that Chimay-Leffe @I.Broke.The.Bat! @Gohel @frontkick1 @Volumes @DC23 @Tronald Dump @Gamer007 @DjolexMTL

This news made it to several French media outlets like La Sueur, that’s why I’m asking.
Boughanem is quite a big name in combat sports and almost has 600k Instagram-followers, so I was wondering how big of a deal he/this is over there??
I know Youssef did his MMA-debut in France, and some of his fights made it to La Sueur before, so I’m really curious what you guys have to say:

I really thought he was going to pursue MMA. He seemed like he was interested in it, he said there was more money to be made iirc.

He's a very good striker and is well know in the combat sport community in France. But his fame stops here, he's not a Cédric Doumbe or even a Baki or Gane figure. Not even a Salahdine Parnasse or BSD. In France kickboxers don't get mainstream recognition, only boxers and MMA fighters do. Jerome Lebanner never went mainstream and he's the most well known french kickboxer ever.

Still he will put on some fire fights in Glory, guy is a beast.

Both are mismatches, but Bahram is a fearsome beast at 95.

-

Follow MainEventNL

As someone else said, nobody really knows who Youssef is outside of the MT and KB community and perhaps some French MMA fans and fighters. He's not known by the casuals.

Having said that, I'll personally be very interested to see him in Glory, his striking will transfer a lot better than to MMA.

Youssef is not very known in France, especially in the MMA community. I've heard more of his problem with justice than his MMA debut (where he struggled, i've heard, to be fair).

I really thought he was going to pursue MMA. He seemed like he was interested in it, he said there was more money to be made iirc.

He's a very good striker and is well know in the combat sport community in France. But his fame stops here, he's not a Cédric Doumbe or even a Baki or Gane figure. Not even a Salahdine Parnasse or BSD. In France kickboxers don't get mainstream recognition, only boxers and MMA fighters do. Jerome Lebanner never went mainstream and he's the most well known french kickboxer ever.

Jlb became mainstream in France in the mid late 90s. My friends who were not following combat sports knew the dude since he fu##ed up curtis schuster in Paris. Those were the sami kebchi days. Anyway, Jérôme was mainstream, remember the dumb french movies he was in, the late 90s video game K1 etc...at the time, he was objectively massive here. And basically you cannot compare french KB MT of the 90s and what it is nowadays, the 90s were the golden years of those sports in France with a tv deal with a powerful network.
To give an idea, roufus vs hoost (when hoost decapitated the poor fella) happened here whereas none of the guys were french.

Full Fightcard:

Good card and unlike my countrymen i do think having youssef on the card is a good boost to sell tickets. Lets not forget, they booked the dôme (3 or 4000 seats) and not bercy or the zenith or the new venues built for the olympics. They should be good and on that card youssef is by a large margin the best known dude among the french or at least the french speakers

Good card and unlike my countrymen i do think having youssef on the card is a good boost to sell tickets. Lets not forget, they booked the dôme (3 or 4000 seats) and not bercy or the zenith or the new venues built for the olympics. They should be good and on that card youssef is by a large margin the best known dude among the french or at least the french speakers
I know Youssef but that s because I used to follow MT.

Jlb became mainstream in France in the mid late 90s. My friends who were not following combat sports knew the dude since he fu##ed up curtis schuster in Paris. Those were the sami kebchi days. Anyway, Jérôme was mainstream, remember the dumb french movies he was in, the late 90s video game K1 etc...at the time, he was objectively massive here. And basically you cannot compare french KB MT of the 90s and what it is nowadays, the 90s were the golden years of those sports in France with a tv deal with a powerful network.
To give an idea, roufus vs hoost (when hoost decapitated the poor fella) happened here whereas none of the guys were french.

I dont necessarily disagree but today KB isn't mainsteam in France and the Gen Z don't know who Geronimo is. KB aren't mainstream anymore here. They're well known in combat sport circles tho

[/MEDIA]

Le Banner totally went the equivalent of "mainstream" when he was in his prime, and kept getting invited everywhere even after his prime was over

He had a pretty big talking role in that movie that invited a bunch of influences, "Asterix 3" with Alain Delon & Gerard Depardieu (what a piece of shit movie that was, total flop despite the enormous promo, but the second one of the trilogy was an gigantic cultural hit so they thought this one was going to shit gold too... )

Le Banner was invited to every shitty show with Cauet or Ruquier or any of these bootlickers
Teenagers ate that shit up instead of tiktok

There were a bunch of years in which you could stop any dude in the street to name a French kickboxer, and even total noobs at least knew Le Banner
He's the Teddy Riner/David Douillet of kickboxing

Sure he never went Conor famous, nobody becomes Conor famous

Francis Ngannou also started his career and had half of his UFC fights while he was training in France (no need to look it up)
We half-reclame him

Last edited:
Damn, I replied without seeing your post first for some reasons, but you are 100% right

Remember the 2005 K1 HWGP event take took place in Paris? Le Banner vs Abidi? That card was huge in France, and mostly because of the main event, even if the tournament was obviously a big factor too

Honestly, 80% of the sports interest in France bacn in the 1900/00s was Judo with a 20% dash of kickboxing/Muay Thai,
It's only recently that MMA is taking the country storm, after that dumb ban (put in place by Judo bitter old farts not wanting their grip on Olympic medals go) was finally lifted.

Ask anybody in France in the street if they know who Jérôme Le Banner is, a massive chunk of the dudes will say yes, even if Cédric Doumbé is taking over as the big celebrity and I'm rooting for the guy even if he KO'd my man Jimmy Vienot a few years ago (damn, 6 already??)

Damn, I replied without seeing your post first for some reasons, but you are 100% right

Remember the 2005 K1 HWGP event take took place in Paris? Le Banner vs Abidi? That card was huge in France, and mostly because of the main event, even if the tournament was obviously a big factor too

Honestly, 80% of the sports interest in France bacn in the 1900/00s was Judo with a 20% dash of kickboxing/Muay Thai,
It's only recently that MMA is taking the country storm, after that dumb ban (put in place by Judo bitter old farts not wanting their grip on Olympic medals go) was finally lifted.

Ask anybody in France in the street if they know who Jérôme Le Banner is, a massive chunk of the dudes will say yes, even if Cédric Doumbé is taking over as the big celebrity and I'm rooting for the guy even if he KO'd my man Jimmy Vienot a few years ago (damn, 6 already??)
Yeah lebanner vs Abidi was fun, abidi rampage also ha ha ha. And for vienot no shame to lose under KB rules against doumbe

Youssef is not very known in France, especially in the MMA community. I've heard more of his problem with justice than his MMA debut (where he struggled, i've heard, to be fair).

What problems with justice? I haven't heard of that.

Damn, just realized that Bobo Sacko is on the card. I missed that and he's one of the guys I had in mind at 65 - 70 kg that they should have on the card. Sick!

Agreed that it's great to have Boughanem on the card, but I wouldn't say he's the best known dude by a long margin by the French or even French speakers, I think Bobo Sacko probably tops him in popularity or at least just as known. Great that they're both on the card either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back