Glory 9: New York - Official Discussion Thread - June 22 / 8 PM ET - LIVE

I wonder wtf is going on when the n1 kickboxing organization put these referees on their biggest shows.

Actually what happened today looked more like Glory wanted Spong to win this tounament no matter what. But man this was worst than any K1

Regarding Stoica and Corbett it was our wish to see these fights also come....would be good for the sports and Danyo also wants them.

Spong is not a 95kg fighter. He"ll focus more on the super heavyweight. It"s normal this division to be between the bests. So bring Corbett and especially Samedov, Glory, also the Stoica brothers alongside talented Ilunga because they are young!

I still believe the Stoicas and Ilunga should train in the Netherlands to reach their potential.

Looking forward to see Bogdan Stoica in Glory at 95kg. I have never seen a more talented fighter and i truly believe he's the next best thing.
Come on Glory, make it happen, Get Bogdan Stoica in Glory! ( for who doesn't knows him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LANGK-84HSI )

You are right, we didn"t have such a talented kickboxer since Daniel Ghiță. They both have been great at even 17 years. Cătinaș, Moroșanu and Adegbuyi all have skills but below them in terms of natural talent in my opinion. From Andrei Stoica I don"t know what to expect, he"s way too unpredictable but holds same DNA as his younger brother. Badasses even though they were raised as true sportsmen.

Ilunga reminds of Murthel Groenhart of some years ago.

Spong is not a 95kg fighter. He"ll focus more on the super heavyweight. It"s normal this division to be between the bests. So bring Corbett and especially Samedov, Glory, also the Stoica brothers alongside talented Ilunga because they are young!

I still believe the Stoicas and Ilunga should train in the Netherlands to reach their potential.

You are right, we didn"t have such a talented kickboxer since Daniel Ghiță. They both have been great at even 17 years. Cătinaș, Moroșanu and Adegbuyi all have skills but below them in terms of natural talent in my opinion. From Andrei Stoica I don"t know what to expect, he"s way too unpredictable but holds same DNA as his younger brother. Badasses even though they were raised as true sportsmen.

Ilunga reminds of Murthel Groenhart of some years ago.

Danyo trains in Germany at www.Fighting-Gym.de and with Remy in Netherlands. So he allready trains in Holland temporarily.

So apparently Mufadel was instructed by the SAC to stop the fight (only) in the final at the first down... This should have been mentioned and instructed during the rules-meeting which is still unclear if this was instructed at all.

Danyo trains in Germany at www.Fighting-Gym.de and with Remy in Netherlands. So he allready trains in Holland temporarily.

Really? That"s awesome, very good. It"s important also to train with the best school. Daniel was still solid with Romanian coach, Danyo is still solid with German coach, but they are getting their degree in the Netherlands. :icon_twis This is the truth.

How good do you rate Remy as trainer, by the way?

That stoppage almost ruined the whole event. Seemed like Glory wanted Spong to win for sure. Gross.

this was easily the best 20bucks I've spent on a combat sports event.

His trainers both got crazy 4sure. This stoppage was a shame.
Danyo is always in good shape, also stamina wise. He fought 2 exhausting fights but can recover quickly. He is a very very xperienced tournament fighter.

We were upset to see how he got robbed in the ring. Not robbed of the title or purse but for the chance to fight.... The world witnessed it. Thats good.

Even if there would be a rematch some day it can not compensate this happening..

There came hints that the ref. acted according to the Athletic commission to stop the fight. I can`t believe it as i really didn`t see a reason to stop the fight.

If Danyo would have lost on points or even KO, no problem at all. Nobody complains in our team. But to see it ending like this is not what Danyo and the whole team deserved. They are humans working very very hard to get in shape on point and then we have to take that joke decision.

And i swear that Danyo would not have fallen from Ty.....but this is if, when, why.....see how it goes on.

Regarding Stoijca and Corbett it was our wish to see these fights also come....would be good for the sports and Danyo also wants them.

Just my little comment on a strange night.....

I know Danyo very good and i saw him in many tournaments and fights

My respects Frank as Daniel put on a hell of a show. Just a bad stoppage but no shame for Danyo. Tyrone is as tough as nails, but I'm sure Ilunga will brush his shoulders off.

Glory must hire The Fluffy Ref from Superkombat! That or get a couple old thai army guys who will not take any shit.

So apparently Mufadel was instructed by the SAC to stop the fight (only) in the final at the first down... This should have been mentioned and instructed during the rules-meeting which is still unclear if this was instructed at all.

If this is true I hope Glory does not have tournaments in America anymore because I fear all athletic commissions will try and stop tournament bouts early.

If this is true I hope Glory does not have tournaments in America anymore because I fear all athletic commissions will try and stop tournament bouts early.

Yeah I think it's a bs story. Can't find anything on Glory's website or on SAC's website about this rule. Glory should be open about it: the ref screwed up. So be it. Get rid of Mufadel and let's move on.

Maybe a rematch between Ilunga and Spong to clear things up?

Glory must hire The Fluffy Ref from Superkombat! That or get a couple old thai army guys who will not take any shit.

Cezar Gheorghe is his name. And the new K-1 referee, the young Japanese. These two are by far the best from the known referees.

caught them late. thought ghita killed dude with that left hook. brutal.

errol looking fucking jacked.

That was a weak ending. I think Spong would have won anyways, but the guy got robbed. Give him an opportunity to come back, and let Spong earn it. I doubt Tyrone wanted a belt through an early stoppage.

Was just watching on CBS Sports. HORRIBLE stoppage. He was rocked as fuck but you gotta give him a chance to recover. Sadly ends the event on a sour note.

Yeah I think it's a bs story. Can't find anything on Glory's website or on SAC's website about this rule. Glory should be open about it: the ref screwed up. So be it. Get rid of Mufadel and let's move on.

Maybe a rematch between Ilunga and Spong to clear things up?

Rematch would be great, maybe next year in Germany. We don`t know such stopping rules. I never heard of it. And a single match we have a solid base...

But we also analyzed all fights and have drawn some conclusions and strategies of it. Mainly on the physical base. Stay tuned to see Danyo perform at another level in a few month.

Everything happens for a reason....

My respects Frank as Daniel put on a hell of a show. Just a bad stoppage but no shame for Danyo. Tyrone is as tough as nails, but I'm sure Ilunga will brush his shoulders off.

Hi bro,

yeah it was all in all very good for Danyo. Learned a lot to improve as well.
A pitty the early stoppage but everything happens for a reason.

Danyo will make progress on other levels in the coming month. We found out some things to really improve...

Damn, I missed the event. Reading the play-by-play, sounds very good event, unfortunate ending though and bit shady in its own way...

Back