Glory 18: Oklahoma (SPIKE TV) 9pm ET/6pm PT/2am UK (PBP) LIVE DISCUSSION

So aside from the next show we learned that there will be 10 shows in 2015 (starting in Feb and prob no show in July-based on previous years).

Also a bunch of US shows but some abroad including Dubai.

Rvr will fight the winner of a LW contender tournament with Ristie and probably Kiria.

This all sounds like good news from a company that "wasnt going to have another show" according to someones marked words.

I keep checking cbssn schedule and I dont see it on there anywhere any time soon.

cbssports was a one time thing after the denver event! They do not a have permeant deal in place to where cbssports shows every sfs event

What is Josh Jauncey's potential like? Went to my high school, cool to see him fucking shit up in GLORY.

So aside from the next show we learned that there will be 10 shows in 2015 (starting in Feb and prob no show in July-based on previous years).

Also a bunch of US shows but some abroad including Dubai.

Rvr will fight the winner of a LW contender tournament with Ristie and probably Kiria.

This all sounds like good news from a company that "wasnt going to have another show" according to someones marked words.

They haven't even announced a venue for the next event

They haven't even announced a venue for the next event

its gonna be announced midweek i think, they told some of the attending reporters where it is but off the record. Its a sensible venue; look out for some camo in the audience ...

anything you enjoyed about the show, or only the usual focus on the negatives?

its gonna be announced midweek i think, they told some of the attending reporters where it is but off the record. Its a sensible venue; look out for some camo in the audience ...

In my opinion.. Glory does a lot of things right. They have a good roster, announcing, show setup, reffing, rankings, youtube channel, matchmaking, press conferences, TV visuals.

Except for the event locations, they are disastrous. Ignoring Europe, South America, the Middle East, Eastern Europe/Russia, Asia.. that's a big deal. It's a business decision that might come back to bite them in the ass.

Kyshenko?? No...Kyshenko ain't shit nowadays...He's nowhere near the fighter he was in the past...Roosmalen would whoop him, but it's irrelevant since Kyshenko doesn't even fight at 70kg anymore.

And Buakaw and Yod??? Lol Roosmalen would TKO them both nowadays...Buakaw wouldn't even fight the full 5 rounds he would get up and leave after the 3rd round....And Yod gets his ass beat everytime he fights a good boxer.

Like he TKOs guys like Boustati right?

No he wouldn't....Kyshenko has been overrated as hell for the last few years....Roosmalen would run through him at 70kg since Kyshenko would be his usual drained oaf self at that weight....Kyshenko is not even a top fighter anymore....

Plus "Captain Odessa" ALWAYS chokes in the big fights....Not really "Captain material" when you loose every-time you have an important fight...

You have a point, even if i still think he beat Masato...
A fight that I'd love to see is Andy Ristie vs Murthel Groenhart, it'd be nice to see Ristie someone his size that has power. Alessandro Campagna had a competitive fight against Ristie.

The Quality of fights of fights was good I felt as they always are. Especially considering the lack of star power. Enjoyed the RVR fight. Upset the JJ vs Farneti fight wasn;t shown

In my opinion.. Glory does a lot of things right. They have a good roster, announcing, show setup, reffing, rankings, youtube channel, matchmaking, press conferences, TV visuals.

Except for the event locations, they are disastrous. Ignoring Europe, South America, the Middle East, Eastern Europe/Russia, Asia.. that's a big deal. It's a business decision that might come back to bite them in the ass.

my educated guess would be something like this: the thinking is that the spike deal has the potential to bloom into something which makes Glory into a UFC-like phenomenon.

Whereas other networks around the world will take kickboxing content as and when, the spike opportunity is kind of a unique one and if it isnt focused on and nurtured, it could slip away or fall through.

So i think placing the events in US locations is to make sure that the events are broadcast live in a timeslot which suits spike/the US until things are suitably solidified there. Although i noticed at the post fight presser dubai was mentioned and i know there's a show being put together for an eastern euro location next year as well.

The Quality of fights of fights was good I felt as they always are. Especially considering the lack of star power. Enjoyed the RVR fight. Upset the JJ vs Farneti fight wasn;t shown

lol, maybe next time we'll make it to the main card ;)

the fights were good (blake vs thompson on the undercard was awful; only bad fight of the night..)

star power is gonna be the key question. Guys need putting over.

my educated guess would be something like this: the thinking is that the spike deal has the potential to bloom into something which makes Glory into a UFC-like phenomenon.

Whereas other networks around the world will take kickboxing content as and when, the spike opportunity is kind of a unique one and if it isnt focused on and nurtured, it could slip away or fall through.

So i think placing the events in US locations is to make sure that the events are broadcast live in a timeslot which suits spike/the US until things are suitably solidified there. Although i noticed at the post fight presser dubai was mentioned and i know there's a show being put together for an eastern euro location next year as well.
I heard the UFC was shit this weekend

Gerges says he was robbed.

Benny was scoring considerably cleaner and Gerges was initiating LOADS of clinches. Him saying he was robbed sounds like a pathetic excuse for his loss. Man up and admit your adversary was better than you this night.

Strangely Benny isn"t humble anymore. :D He said he wants the belt and that he won clearly.

544936_562464897220042_4606895910835666701_n.jpg

I don't know why people are still bothering trying to in-fight with Van Roosmalen, he's the king of that type of fight. Kiria could've won if he didnt try to stand toe to toe. Petro should come back and claim the title.

Strangely Benny isn"t humble anymore. :D He said he wants the belt and that he won clearly.

Well based on the stats, it looks like it was a very close fight. Benny landed a bit more, but Gerges threw way more kicks. If you give more weight to the kicks than punches ...

That's the theory, have yet to see to fight.

Well based on the stats, it looks like it was a very close fight. Benny landed a bit more, but Gerges threw way more kicks. If you give more weight to the kicks than punches ...

That's the theory, have yet to see to fight.

I already watched the fight on our television. Trust me Adegbuyi did a lot of damage. You can trust Effin if you don"t believe me. The kicks of Gerges are overrated, it"s not like he"s Ghiță.

Adegbuyi is coming soon, to make some justice for Daniel.

His opponent was rather poor, but he"s young, he could be good. I remember him winning against Calvo, so that"s a decent win on his record.

Last edited:
Back