Georges St-Pierre must face UFC contender before shot at Khabib Nurmagomedov - Dana White

Thats nonsense from a Conor fan. Ferg and Khabib were ready and on 8-0 LW streaks (records at the time which they both broke since) until Connie stepped over them after 1-1 to LW gatekeep diaz who never beats elite fighters. Not only that eddie stepped over them as well. Khabib was injured for RDA Eddie fight but Tony was not.
Just reread this. I see your argument, but I was referencing Conor being booked against RDA, not Alvarez. When Conor was booked against RDA the LW title picture was a bit murky.

Once RDA pulled out and Conor went off on his Nate tangent there was never going to be a person to get a LW shot before Conor. Public interest in him fighting for the LW title was way too high.

Now if Dana White comes out and says: "Brock Lesnar needs to fight UFC contender before shot at Daniel Cormier", he gains my respect. Otherwise it's just Dana disliking GSP while giving preferential treatment to guys like Conor or Brock.

GSP wont need to do that because Khabib says he will fight him at 165lbs. Dana cant do shit about it because Russians will fuck him side ways.

GSP v. Porier or GSP v. Nate Diaz

I'll buy the PPV.

Ok let him fight Connor see how destroys him....or he can fight Diaz...it got Connor the title shot

Always remember that Dana White says the UFC makes the fights THE FANS want to watch. Such bullshit. He has always had something against GSP since he semi-retired. He takes it personal.

Guess what Dana, GSP can just say fuk you and just chill.

Dana is #1 bullshit.

GSP has made it absolutely clear he has no interest in fighting anyone who he believes he won't get an easy win over. That's why he came back for Bisping who he knew was awful and a fluke champion for an easy belt.

And he's talked about 155 guys and Nate Diaz rather than Woodley or Whittaker.

WTF he never ever talked about Nate Diaz. When asked about it he clearly stated he doesn't want to fight him. Waste of his time.

Would like to see it happen. GSP almost never was taken down and the few time it happened he sprang back up in a matter of seconds.

Its a really intriguing fight if it ever happens

GSP was supposed to get wrestlefuck by Triggs, Sherk, Hughes, Koscheck, Fitch, Hendricks...

And Shields

GSP tdd, wall work and BJJ are very technical I don't think that age would matter that much

But I don't see old GSP power double Khabib

He can probably power double him but not at any time. He will have to setup his jab first and then there will be a lot of oppenings for power doubles.

VZ8lkOs.jpg

If two-weight UFC champion Georges St-Pierre wishes to challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov for an unprecedented third title, he'll need to go through a contender first.

That's according to UFC president Dana White, who says the promotion has no interest in booking St-Pierre (26-2), arguably the greatest fighter of all time, against its undefeated 155-pound champion -- despite recent comments by St-Pierre.

"How does Georges St-Pierre jump over all the guys fighting in that division to face Khabib?" White told ESPN. "Just because all of a sudden he wants to come out and fight this guy -- he doesn't get to do that. If Georges St-Pierre is serious, listen, I'll give you a fight with one of these guys in the top five. If you win, you'll be in position for a title shot.

"We don't even know if Georges St-Pierre can make 155 pounds. You know what I mean?"

Read More: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...e-face-ufc-contender-shot-khabib-nurmagomedov
I think that's fair. At first i was thinking how dare you speak to GSP like that-after all he has done. But then I realized the man has fought once in the past 5 years. He's done enough to earn the right to fight Khabib, but immediately- i'm not sure that's the right call.

makes perfect sense. If gsp is serious about wanting to take down khabib and he can actually make 155, he should have to take out a kevin lee or someone like that first while khabib fights tony. Heck do gsp vs connor, make a fuck ton of money and set up who gets next title shot that way

GSP vs Conor makes sense

Or GSP vs T-Ferg

But Kevin Lee doesn't deserve to get his ass kicked by GSP and I like Kevin lee

Money wise it's also a smart move by Dana, force GSP to have two fights in the UFC instead of one = more $$$

Back