Georges St-Pierre must face UFC contender before shot at Khabib Nurmagomedov - Dana White

I think he wants Khabib/Tony and GSP/Conor

He said "as a fight fan" Khabib vs. Tony makes the most sense. I hope he makes that fight and I hope me makes GSP vs. Conor because GSP would beat him. Regardless, the winner gets the next title shot.

Then Dana can make Nate vs. Conor III for Conor's last cash grab before his retirement.

I seem to remember Conor coming back from 2 years off to fight Khabib. Why can’t Georges do the same after beating bisping a year ago and becoming champ?

GSP already got to cherry pick a free title shot ala Ping.

UFC annonce GSP vs Bisping mars 2017 before the second Woodley-Thompson fight. At that moment, Woodley as 1 title bout victory again Lawler and a draw against Thompson. Every one was saying that Woodley was a boring fighter at the time. At the time, Bisping was seeing as beeing more dangerous that Woodley. And don't forget that at that time, Bisping was the fighter with the most win in UFC history with 20 and GSP was having 19 win.

Khabib is obviously going to get demolished in this fight no LW can contend with gsp not even my favorite Tony.

lol since when did the UFC give a fuck about belts?
The UFC cares about sales. Making the belt a paper belt for 1-2 years while only doing like 500k buys lowers overall sales. Conor doing 2.5 million buys more than makes up for the lower sales in the division for a year or 2 after he fucks it over. Not to mention he followed it up with the highest selling PPV of all time for the UFC in Floyd vs McGregor. GSP needs to prove to the UFC that he won't fuck them over for very little in return to the UFC.

Personally, I'd like to see Ben Askren get passed his hatred of Dana White, negotiate his way into the UFC ... and fight GSP for the right to fight Khabib.

Both of these guys are badass, and I think Askren has a very real chance at shocking both GSP and Khabib <Eek2.0>

Indeed cherry-picking. Since the days of Bisping.
Well he chose Bisping because he was the champ. Conor made the blueprint for becoming a multiple weight champ this way.
I do believe Khabib is the best guy at lw so if he fights him its because he wants to be the first 3 division champ not because its an easy fight.

I don't get why Dana hates GSP so much these days. He vacated the WW belt, but heck Dana was bashing GSP after that and saying Hendricks won. Dana should have been happy. Then sure he took the MW belt and dropped it a month later, but is that even that bad? No one looks at Whittaker as not the champ because he didn't beat GSP.

Still, Tony should get the next shot. Then do Khabib-GSP for buck 65 title.
Because GSP made decisions for himself. He stopped on his terms. He also influenced the UFC to get testing.

Dana likes to control most of his stars. Really only Conor has free reign.

Is this Dana protecting Khabib?

Make it at 165 belt an spare us weight cut drama and injuries.

Well he chose Bisping because he was the champ. Conor made the blueprint for becoming a multiple weight champ this way.
I do believe Khabib is the best guy at lw so if he fights him its because he wants to be the first 3 division champ not because its an easy fight.

He finally signed on to fight because of Bisping but people have different views on it. As for trying to drop to LW now to win a belt I think that's lame. Gone are the days when BJ asked to fight Randy and real legacies were made.

Back