GDR reacts from being stripped of the Women's Featherweight title, says she's going back to 135.

giphy.gif

People say dumb shit to the media all the time,wouldnt be shocked if the ufc didnt speak to her at all and she was trying to just get them to give her a bumper new contract to fight cyborg

GDR blatantly ducked her saying she wouldn't fight Cyborg several times over the last 2 months

Why do they always act so "shocked" and surprised lol
Yet they took so long to strip conor of the fw belt, and they are letting him keep the lw belt.

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”
<36>

Embarrassing. Worst champion in recent history.
It's a close competition though.

Also it seems to be a common trend that fighters get informed through third parties as to what the UFC is doing with them.

Very unprofessional imo. Not that I have a problem with the move in itself.

Despite the bitter end to her first run as UFC champion, de Randamie, 33, assured this would not mark the end of her career.

"I'm definitely coming back. I will go back to 135 pounds."

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ely-no-idea-i-was-being-stripped-of-ufc-title

LMFAO she's running like a chicken back down to 135 just like Holly Holm did when they were faced with fighting the WMMA GOAT Cyborg. Just shows how great of a fighter Cyborg is when opponents flee the division and move down to a division they know they'll never have to fight Cyborg.

yup. anyone can just become a big star. it's so easy.

it certainly isn't based off of MMA credentials.

it's now twitter popularity based off of how ridiculous you can act.

some key tricks here;

- wear sunglasses indoors
- invent a few simple catch phrases which you can spam at will
- show up late for any public event. (the later you are the more you make it seem like you matter)
- try to set up as many fights as you can that allow you to risk nothing.
- maybe get a few tats as well.

You do that...doesn't matter how bad you are at MMA, the UFC will coddle and protect you so you can help them make bank.

The words "stripped" and "germaine de randamie" in the same sentence make me shudder.

So happy they stripped this pos. Good marketing by GDR though. Whereas before I didnt want to see her fight, I mean I was indifferent really. But now ? Holy shit I hope she fights a top girl at BW and gets knocked out or chocked out.

You guys will be saying she made the right choice when Cyborg pisses hot again

it certainly isn't based off of MMA credentials.

it's now twitter popularity based off of how ridiculous you can act.

some key tricks here;

- wear sunglasses indoors
- invent a few simple catch phrases which you can spam at will
- show up late for any public event. (the later you are the more you make it seem like you matter)
- try to set up as many fights as you can that allow you to risk nothing.
- maybe get a few tats as well.

You do that...doesn't matter how bad you are at MMA, the UFC will coddle and protect you so you can help them make bank.

nope. doesn't matter how bad you are at mma. look at all the really bad mma fighters who the ufc coddles into big stars and champions.

nope. doesn't matter how bad you are at mma. look at all the really bad mma fighters who the ufc coddles into big stars and champions.

With the exception of Stipe and Joanna...every other division is a fucking mess now.

You think that's by accident?

"I won't fight Cyborg, I don't care if they strip my title."

UFC strips title for refusing to defend.

"I was shocked to find out they stopped my title"

With the exception of Stipe and Joanna...every other division is a fucking mess now.

You think that's by accident?

mm sucks
cody sucks
max sucks
tyron sucks
dc sucks
stipe sucks

all these shitty fighters bad at mma coddled to the top. even bisping had to knock out rockhold as a fill-in given almost no chance to win.

I love how this girl takes the moral highground when it comes to juicing. GDR is a dirty figher aswell who sucker punches opponents after the bell to win fights. Not to mention she arguably looks more like a man than cyborg

What the fuck did she thought would happen? She won her belt in the first fight of that division against a fighter coming off 2 losses. The division has about 3 fighters and she didn't want to fight one of them and wnated to take a break.

And now she is going back to 135. FW is a joke

The difference between this situation and that of MM or Conor is that both of their weight classes (or all 3 considering Conor held two belts he didnt defend), is that their weight classes can move on without them defending.

In this case, 145 literally only has 2 fighters in it, GDR and Cyborg. They are brining in Megan just to have someone for Cyborg to fight.

After all the dirty, cheap shit GDR pulled in the Holm fight, I wonder if she realizes she has exactly zero support in anything she does.

Don't just strip her, kick her as well.

mm sucks
cody sucks
max sucks
tyron sucks
dc sucks
stipe sucks

all these shitty fighters bad at mma coddled to the top. even bisping had to knock out rockhold as a fill-in given almost no chance to win.

Stipe, DC, Tyron, MM all have better MMA credentials than Connie but none wear their sunglasses indoors...so their twitter followers could care less.

But to get more specific.

Men's FW is a joke. MM won't defend unless it's against lesser comp.

Men's FW is paper because Conor is over there.
Men's LW is a joke because Conor won't defend.

Men's WW is paper because GSP is over there.

Men's MW is a joke because Bisping won't defend.

Men's LHW is paper because Jon Jones is over there.

Men's HW is fine.

Got anything else fella?

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”.

But sadly that ship had sailed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back