GDR reacts from being stripped of the Women's Featherweight title, says she's going back to 135.

plenty of good fights on both 213 and 214.

When the champs of each division get back on track, making every fight actually mean something...then I'll care.

Until then you keep liking those twitter posts you fucking low brow schlub!

Her career is over. Last chance to save it was to ask for Cyborg after she takes care of Anderson. But no, she tucks tail and runs to 135...... unreal.

Her career is over. Last chance to save it was to ask for Cyborg after she takes care of Anderson. But no, she tucks tail and runs to 135...... unreal.
It makes no sense. She'd be better off taking a dive in the first few seconds than doing this.

c'mon - conor was given 1 title fight he didn't earn, as champ in the lower division.

That just isn't true.

First of all, Conor should not have been allowed to remain 145 champ once he chose a rematch with Nate over a defence vs Aldo. I was ok with the initial insta-shot at 155 but losing to a guy like Nate should have voided that ticket.

So Conor's claim to the 155 title shot eventually rested on a fraudulent 145 title AND going 1-1 with a 20-10 LW, with the win being a split decision that ended with Conor gassed out, on his back, getting punched on the face.

When the champs of each division get back on track, making every fight actually mean something...then I'll care.

Until then you keep liking those twitter posts you fucking low brow schlub!
lol. i don't follow these guys on social media you dolt.

i like to watch fights. and i don't cry and whine all the time about how these guys manage their careers. keep crying and sulking and being mad.

That just isn't true.

First of all, Conor should not have been allowed to remain 145 champ once he chose a rematch with Nate over a defence vs Aldo. I was ok with the initial insta-shot at 155 but losing to a guy like Nate should have voided that ticket.

So Conor's claim to the 155 title shot eventually rested on a fraudulent 145 title AND going 1-1 with a 20-10 LW, with the win being a split decision that ended with Conor gassed out, on his back, getting punched on the face.

i just said he was given one title fight he didn't earn, and you respond complaining about the one title fight he didn't earn.

lol. i don't follow these guys on social media you dolt.

i like to watch fights. and i don't cry and whine all the time about how these guys manage their careers. keep crying and sulking and being mad.

Or I just , you know don't give a fuck. And laugh at those that get sucked into circus shows.

Don't portray a commentary about me if I can't draw one about you.

:)

"I had absolutely no idea that I was being stripped of the belt," de Randamie told MMAFighting.com moments after the news broke. "I found out through social media. Cyborg (Justino) is going to fight Megan (Anderson) for the belt.

"Nobody ever told me anything about it."

UFC confirmed Monday that Justino, the former Strikeforce featherweight champion, will meet Invicta's featherweight queen Megan Anderson for the now-vacated 145-pound belt at UFC 214 on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif.

"UFC has informed Germaine de Randamie and her management team that she is being removed as the women’s featherweight champion due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender, Cris ‘Cyborg' Justino," the promotion said in a statement. "Subsequently, top contender Justino will face newly signed Invicta FC featherweight champion Megan Anderson for the UFC women’s featherweight title in the co-main event of UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2, July 29 in Anaheim, Calif.

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

UFC cited de Randamie's refusal to fight Cyborg as the catalyst behind their decision to strip her.

Despite the bitter end to her first run as UFC champion, de Randamie, 33, assured this would not mark the end of her career.

"I'm definitely coming back. I will go back to 135 pounds."

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ely-no-idea-i-was-being-stripped-of-ufc-title

No idea?
Her statement from back in May:

“Germaine and her team have talked, and the position is that she will not fight Cyborg because Cyborg is a known and proven cheater,” de Randamie’s manager Brian Butler told MMA Fighting. “Even after so much scrutiny has been put on Cyborg, she still managed to pop for something and will always be a person of suspicion who is trying to beat the system rather than just conforming to the rules.

“For that reason, Germaine and her team don't believe that Cyborg should be allowed to compete in the UFC at all. If that is the only fight the UFC wants, then Germaine is willing to wait and see if the UFC will strip her belt before making her next move.”

GDR is a cheater herself, a liar and a ducker...
Amazing!

Im thinkn its going to be awhile before they find her some work. She has taken the stance that says she is more important morally, then loyal to employer. While morals are great, they don't pay the bills.I think she will get a lil AL IQ treatment com'n up.

So who will DIllashaw fight when they strip MM?

i just said he was given one title fight he didn't earn, and you respond complaining about the one title fight he didn't earn.

I don't count the initial shot at RDA and the shot at Eddie as the same gift. Also, there's the bullshit of allowing him to keep the 145 belt as he attempts to avenge the loss to Nate. If you just apply a bit of common sense to this discussion, you can easily see what my point is.

I don't count the initial shot at RDA and the shot at Eddie as the same gift. Also, there's the bullshit of allowing him to keep the 145 belt as he attempts to avenge the loss to Nate. If you just apply a bit of common sense to this discussion, you can easily see what my point is.

i have no problem with people wishing he did things differently. i have a problem with people violently reacting to the path he did take. the fights he took made sense, and so did how the ufc dealt with it. you may not have preferred it but it still made some sense. so would doing things differently. but the amount of crying that goes on for choices that were logical for the parties involved is ridiculous.

i have no problem with people wishing he did things differently. i have a problem with people violently reacting to the path he did take. the fights he took made sense, and so did how the ufc dealt with it. you may not have preferred it but it still made some sense. so would doing things differently. but the amount of crying that goes on for choices that were logical for the parties involved is ridiculous.

I'm mostly done crying about it at this point. Sometimes though, transit boredom gets the better of me.

a fighter getting chased out of a weight class by another fighter BEFORE she even fights her. this is definitely a new one.

Back