GDR reacts from being stripped of the Women's Featherweight title, says she's going back to 135.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"I had absolutely no idea that I was being stripped of the belt," de Randamie told MMAFighting.com moments after the news broke. "I found out through social media. Cyborg (Justino) is going to fight Megan (Anderson) for the belt.

"Nobody ever told me anything about it."

UFC confirmed Monday that Justino, the former Strikeforce featherweight champion, will meet Invicta's featherweight queen Megan Anderson for the now-vacated 145-pound belt at UFC 214 on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif.

"UFC has informed Germaine de Randamie and her management team that she is being removed as the women’s featherweight champion due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender, Cris ‘Cyborg' Justino," the promotion said in a statement. "Subsequently, top contender Justino will face newly signed Invicta FC featherweight champion Megan Anderson for the UFC women’s featherweight title in the co-main event of UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2, July 29 in Anaheim, Calif.

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

UFC cited de Randamie's refusal to fight Cyborg as the catalyst behind their decision to strip her.

Despite the bitter end to her first run as UFC champion, de Randamie, 33, assured this would not mark the end of her career.

"I'm definitely coming back. I will go back to 135 pounds."

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ely-no-idea-i-was-being-stripped-of-ufc-title

GDR blatantly ducked her saying she wouldn't fight Cyborg several times over the last 2 months

Why do they always act so "shocked" and surprised lol

No problem with stripping someone who doesn't want to fight for the title, but this just confirms what a bunch of amateurs run this organisation at the moment.

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

This is laughable considering whats been going on in several divisions lately.

GDR's 'I had no idea my title was being stripped' is the MMA equivalent of 'Hold me back bro'

Yeah she had no idea.

Right GDR.

giphy.gif

Like that's true <36>

While I 100 percent agree with this decision...

Fuck off UFC.

You cherry pick your fucking morality.

giphy.gif

1klowq.gif

Fuck off UFC.

giphy.gif
What was Dana quote on Conor not defending "we can't make him fight anybody" or something?

Next news should be that she is getting cut, LOL

Embarrassing. Worst champion in recent history.

- Says she would rather be stripped than fight Cyborg
- Acts surprised when she is stripped

Wmma is an utter joke anyway. The worst addition to the ufc. The sooner they realise the pay's crap unless they're Rhonda, the better. Hopefully they all get booted and go to invicta or some other joke org

oh no

Germaine is going down in weight to fight more women whose wikipediage pages I can't even click b/c they don't have one!

hope she loses and they cut her

Fuck off UFC.

giphy.gif

1klowq.gif
It's sky-high rhetoric.

Fuck off UFC.

c'mon - conor was given 1 title fight he didn't earn, as champ in the lower division.

you can't agree with this and still tell them to fuck off. the majority of the time the champ is defending against a worthy and deserving challenger. the others are outliers.

This is laughable considering whats been going on in several divisions lately.
'The UFC reserves the right to use these rules selectively, at their discretion, in order to directly promote their immediate interests.'

They should literally put that in the statement

"I had absolutely no idea that I was being stripped of the belt,"

bitch please....

you wanna be scared for you life, fine. but dont try to insult everyone elses intelligence...

Last edited:
Yeah. UFC always makes champs fight!

Back