GDR reacts from being stripped of the Women's Featherweight title, says she's going back to 135.

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

While I 100 percent agree with this decision...

Fuck off UFC.

You cherry pick your fucking morality.

giphy.gif

And this :
MAIA_DEMIAN.png

And this

BISPING_MICHAEL_BELT.png

And this :

DILLASHAW_TJ.png

Etcetcetc

What was Dana quote on Conor not defending "we can't make him fight anybody" or something?

No fucking kidding.

Maybe they would look better if they made this kind of stance AFTER Conor retires from fighting.

I mean it wouldn't be so god damn transparent and embarrassing by then.

c'mon - conor was given 1 title fight he didn't earn, as champ in the lower division.

you can't agree with this and still tell them to fuck off. the majority of the time the champ is defending against a worthy and deserving challenger. the others are outliers.

cmon, Conor is the biggest draw in UFC history, has taken how many fights when opponents pulled out on short notice against bad stylistic matches, etc?

dont compare him to GERMANE DE FUCKING RANDEMAINE

the reason Conor ducks fights is because he is looking for the BIGGER fight. Cyborg is the BIGGEST fight Germaine can possibly have. She's a NOBODY. If she is ducking Cyborg then what else is there for her ya dolts

cmon, Conor is the biggest draw in UFC history, has taken how many fights when opponents pulled out on short notice against bad stylistic matches, etc?

the reason Conor ducks fights is because he is looking for the BIGGER fight. Cyborg is the BIGGEST fight Germaine can possibly have. She's a NOBODY. If she is ducking Cyborg then what else is there for her ya dolts

read again. i never compared conor to gdr and agree with your point. ya goof.

c'mon - conor was given 1 title fight he didn't earn, as champ in the lower division.

you can't agree with this and still tell them to fuck off. the majority of the time the champ is defending against a worthy and deserving challenger. the others are outliers.

Yes as a matter of fact I can.

Conor isn't defending anything, was bum rushed to a second belt for marketing purposes and won't be defending any belt again, for marketing purposes so that it can somehow prop up a woefully one sided, over priced circus event to low brow dipshits who sadly pay money to watch shit like that.

It was the right stance to take, but it was at the wrong time. Should have made this stance from the beginning instead of letting the "sport" de evolve into the circus joke we now have.

Tbh i dont really blame her though. Cyborg is a known steroid cheat and in the womens division thats a huge game changer.

Dont get me wrong ,im not gonna start a petition for GDR or anything, im just saying she does have a point. I just dont care

How many times have he defended the belt?
As many as GDR.,..

the reason Conor ducks fights is because he is looking for the BIGGER fight.

Ill meet you halfway and agree Conor is looking for the SMARTER fights.
The lowest possible risk and the highest possible reward.

Yes as a matter of fact I can.

Conor isn't defending anything, was bum rushed to a second belt for marketing purposes and won't be defending any belt again, for marketing purposes so that it can somehow prop up a woefully one sided, over priced circus event to low brow dipshits who sadly pay money to watch shit like that.

It was the right stance to take, but it was at the wrong time. Should have made this stance from the beginning instead of letting the "sport" de evolve into the circus joke we now have.

as if "it" is the ufc. it is conor and floyd.

gdr has 1 ufc slim decision win. again, the overwhelming majority of the title fights are with worthy competitors.

many of you just like to complain about conor. it's too bad he destroyed aldo and eddie. this all could have been avoided.

How many times have he defended the belt?
As many as GDR.,..

and he was stripped of one belt he didn't defend.

how many times has gdr WON in the ufc? lol - you're not going to compare their credentials are you??

Ill meet you halfway and agree Conor is looking for the SMARTER fights.
The lowest possible risk and the highest possible reward.

I wouldn't say lowest risk, but maybe smartest in terms of $$

if he lost against Nate Diaz twice, you dont think that would have been awful for his image? He also wanted to jump right in there with killers like RDA and didnt give a shit... Eddie Alvarez everyone thought was an AWFUL match up for him... he was willing to risk all of his hype and momentum against Chad Mendes who was an AWFUL match up on short notice, etc, if he lost that Chad Mendes fight that would have derailed the Conor train in its tracks

I even feel despite this being an MMA fighter going into the boxing world, if Mayweather completely molests him and makes him look like a joke, he will look like a joke because he is still a striker and considered by the casuals as the best in MMA today

I guess we know how much Cyborg scares the shit out of GDR now, 10lbs of it.

Tbh i dont really blame her though. Cyborg is a known steroid cheat and in the womens division thats a huge game changer.

Dont get me wrong ,im not gonna start a petition for GDR or anything, im just saying she does have a point. I just dont care

So why arent you screaming that Jones gets annother title shot despite being a cheater.
Romero fighting for the title (they may call it interim but its the real deal)..........etc.
Countless PED abusers in UFC. Its hypocritical to single out Cyborg.

and he was stripped of one belt he didn't defend.

how many times has gdr WON in the ufc? lol - you're not going to compare their credentials are you??

and how long time did it take?
I am not comparing their fights.

Germaine was just following Connie's example of hanging onto the belt without defending for as long as possible.

Possibly setting up as many fights where you don't risk losing anything as well.

Back